• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume the NBC streaming would be the same as their Olympics and Premier League stuff, aka you need to log in with your cable company credentials to prove you are paying for the channel.

I just realised that I will be in New York that night!

I'm sure some bars would be open and show the race now right?

Hammer24

Banned
He's just never done anything for me personally that's made me think he's anything outstanding or outgoing. Not that it's a bad thing, but he doesn't seem to ooze charisma or personality.

Might be, because he didn´t get the media spot light so much yet. He´s a deeply funny and outgoing character, who finally got the famous-dad-chip off his shoulder.
Let him podium the first couple races, and the coverage will pick up.
I expect you are going to like what they´ll be showing.

But "gentleman driver" is an excellent description though, and fits him quite nicely. More than pretty much anyone else on the field ('cept for maybe Button?).

My sentiments exactly.

Ark

He matched Schumacher for three years, had a very impressive Monaco in 2012, and won two races last year including Monaco (admittedly at Silverstone he wasn't quickest on the day). I'd say the spotlight has been on him plenty.

Hammer24

Banned
He matched Schumacher for three years, had a very impressive Monaco in 2012, and won two races last year including Monaco (admittedly at Silverstone he wasn't quickest on the day). I'd say the spotlight has been on him plenty.

YMMV by your countries TV stations, but at least here in Germany he has been totally drowned out by VET news and features. Even holding MSC at arms length was taken with a shrug.

Ark

YMMV by your countries TV stations, but at least here in Germany he has been totally drowned out by VET news and features. Even holding MSC at arms length was taken with a shrug.

Ah that's true enough. Whatever happens, I just hope we're in for a truly exciting RBR-win-less season ;)

Hammer24

Banned
Ah that's true enough. Whatever happens, I just hope we're in for a truly exciting RBR-win-less season ;)

Haven´t been this excited for a new season in a looong time. One can think of the rule changes whatever one wants - but there is a good chance the balance of power will get an interesting reshuffling.

Zeknurn

We all know it will be Mercedes vs Marussia the first few races.

Are any of the betting sites giving odds on everyone DNFing? It would be quite the thing if that were to happen.

LeBoef

auto motor sport talking about crash specs and f1 noses.
they dont have any use at all in crashes, they re imploding like cardboard.

mclaren nose just got ripped appart when the car fell from the jack.

McLaren-Nase-Crash-Formel-1-Test-Bahrain-2014-fotoshowImage-d04c81cd-762633.jpg

Lach

I still think there's a master plan by the teams of having a lot of light touches in the first lap of the race...removing all the noses...

DBT85

Even if the protruding dong isn't useful, the rest of the nose is still lower so should stop cars going over others and potential into drivers heads.

Next season I'm sure they'll button up the regs again.

Looking forward to seeing that new Mercedes nose though! Today is crash test day.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Been reading some pro-Ferrari boards in last half hour

So we can expect easy 1-2 for Prancing horse due to all sandbagging in Bahrain? ;D

AussieGAF - weather forecast for this weekend? Rain? Storms?

I want a Marussia or Caterham driver to get on the podium this season. They'd never get there on merit alone, but that doesnt matter, let chaos reign.

Fisico

I want a Marussia or Caterham driver to get on the podium this season. They'd never get there on merit alone, but that doesnt matter, let chaos reign.

They didn't score a single point yet and you want them to be on the podium ?
Marussia could get their first points this year, but for Caterham with the famous "best engine ever" it's hard to expect anything from them for now.

Fisico

Grosjean : Why not being world champion this year ? (french link)

To be fair he's not 100% serious ("I want to be world champion, why not this year ?"), and it looks like the interview was made before the pre-season tests.

Is Blundell related to Lotus somehow ?
In the second video he appears twice to say that Lotus will be fine and Grosjean will be world champion someday (he even says that Maldonado is reliable ahah)

Dead Man

Ahaha, lol.
rmivW26.png

Thank god for premium seating. At least quali weather is looking okay.
LOL Melbourne weather. It will be totally different to that forecast, you know it ;)
FOM finally acknowledges such thing as Internet exists and for the first time ever puts non-onboard lap/highlights footage on formula1.com :O

2014 season video preview:

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/3/15539.html

They are so backward about technology for a series that loves to crow about their use of it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Christian Horner:

"You could see a higher level of domination than we had last year," he told The Daily Mail. "Looking at Mercedes' race simulation, it wouldn't be a surprise if they finished two laps ahead of everyone in Melbourne. They have a massive advantage. What we know about Lewis is that he is extremely talented and naturally fast. And he's in a good team, so he's probably got to be the favourite going into the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...s-mercedes-may-lap-field-in-the-australian-gp

Nicktendo86

IMHO if they build a car good enough to finish a race at the expense of others who have not that I'd absolutely achieved on merit alone.

DBT85

Christian Horner:

"You could see a higher level of domination than we had last year," he told The Daily Mail. "Looking at Mercedes' race simulation, it wouldn't be a surprise if they finished two laps ahead of everyone in Melbourne. They have a massive advantage. What we know about Lewis is that he is extremely talented and naturally fast. And he's in a good team, so he's probably got to be the favourite going into the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...s-mercedes-may-lap-field-in-the-australian-gp

Wow, to hear that from Snivellus is a surprise.

DBT85

Isn't Horner just lobbying like always? He will be sobbing for any type of intervention if they are way off pace.

Of course he is. It wouldn't be fair if the Renault engine was underpowered again. But hey, so long as everyone is passing whatever tests the FIA impose I'm sure Mercedes will continue to get away with their engines bending. No wait.

mclem

Dry practice at least... gives them some more time to get those cars set up properly.
Can't wait !

That's not practice. It's the Australian Test.

mVkGllv.jpg

Can't wait for this.

Of course, the *real* reason that Williams recruited Smedley is so they can hack into the Ferrari communications channel and make sure that on every lap he can say "Felipe is faster than you. Do you understand this message?"

Shaneus

One of those teams already has the driver:
G1oasusm.jpg

Although having said that, it was exactly under those circumstances that KK got his only podium, lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom