• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Gotta say, loving the new blood in this thread! Hope you guys/girls stick around :)

Wow, the announcers even having a laugh that Lotus lasted this long. Whats the joke here?
F1 testing was around a month or so ago, where for two "weekends" teams can put their cars out on track, test and fiddle with aero etc. which they can't normally do (outside of a wind tunnel). The Renault engines (used by Lotus, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham), what with the new engine specs this year (V8s to turbo V6s) had been having some horrendous performance and reliability issues during these periods affecting all teams. In addition to this, both Lotus drivers (Grosjean and Maldonado) have earned themselves reputations for crashing into things a lot.

Hope that makes sense :)

"Richiardo"
Ugh, that annoyed me so damn much! Wait, not that. The "Ricky-ardo" pronunciation from the McLaren pits.

untitled-167szvx.gif
God, I hope we get to use this frequently.

Oh, the end of race tune is still the same as last year. P
Kimi's from Germany?

The future of F1 is no doubt Magnussen, Bottas and Kvyat. Impressive driving by all of them.
Hell yes. Bottas was probably the biggest surprise of all (given all the comebacks he staged through the entire race), but not far behind were both Magnussen and Kvyat. Future of F1 drivers is looking pretty damn promising :)

Sky team bringing up Jensons father during an interview is such a cheap thing to do.
Wow, really? Tacky and tasteless. Who specifically was it?

Koba had no rear brakes.
Fuuuuuuck. I was dark on him for how it looked, but now I'm hoping that Massa apologises to him. Not a safe position to be in at all. Shitty engineering is shitty engineering, I guess.

Obviously, hoping RIC doesn't get any kind of penalty, but if they're saying that's true... fuck.
Wouldn't that have been limited by the engine anyway? I don't know much about all this stuff.

Highlight of the weekend: Going to the "Clear" sponsored tent and getting a shampoo/head massage from a taut, flirty, English-accented stunner. Woop!

ramparter

Banned
They said there would be no leniency on the fuel rules.

The question is, at what point was he pushing hard enough to need over the limit fuel delivery. He was never keeping up with Nico.

Maybe when Kevin closed on him and the team told him to get away.

Lach

I was just thinking that rule is a bit harsh but then realised 100kg/h is not 100kg/race. So assuming a race is about 90-110 minutes, they have quite a bit of room play with the fuel flow..

Wait.... spoken too soon.

Stuart Codling ‏@CoddersF1 3m
It's not a cut-and-dried case for @danielricciardo – there have been 'issues' with fuel flow monitoring this weekend pic.twitter.com/zct5FzWMLA

For real or RBR job in the backstage?

Zeknurn

I'm sure Red Bull will find a loophole in the regulations stating that the rule doesn't apply on the third Sunday in March.

Zeppu

BBC F1 said:
10:35: Red Bull team principal Christian Horner and design chief Adrian Newey have just left the stewards' office after arguing their case as to why Daniel Ricciardo should not be excluded. The decision should not be too far away.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
If they will go with faulty sensor story, they are busted, because FIA confirmed that they replaced RIC fuel flow sensor in parc ferme on Saturday.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder how broken wheel arc on Rosberg Mercedes affected his last stint

Teams measure fuel use through sensors on injection, FIA is monitoring fuel flow over special measuring sensor and if numbers do not add up, they will compare it.

Xater

I actually woke up early today to watch the race. Didn't even plan on getting up early. I don#t think I have watched since 05 or 06 but I might be sticking with it for now. Definitely more interesting than it was back then.

Ruruja

I actually woke up early today to watch the race. Didn't even plan on getting up early. I don#t think I have watched since 05 or 06 but I might be sticking with it for now. Definitely more interesting than it was back then.

You stopped watching just as it got more interesting, 2007-2010 were really great.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Rules are rules, RIC should be disqualified. Wonder what happens with his trophy.

Indeed, it's a shame, but the teams were strongly warned.

Still, a good race and glad to see most did make it to the end. Hopefully Lotus can fix their car soon, and now the battle to catch up to the Mercedes begins.

Really happy the McLaren isn't an utter dog this season, but they need to keep their nose tips on better. It'll be interesting to see how RBR improve as time goes on, they have a decent car, but not dominant and I think it'll be intriguing to see out of them, Ferrari and McLaren who can take the fight to Mercedes.

Nicktendo86

If the sensors were right he should be dq'd, no question. K Mag had to save fuel at end and couldn't push, having two McLarens on the podium would be a wild result.

Mohonky

Red Bull pulling a shifty around the rules and their 'interpretation' of them again? How surprising. Have Red Bull ever actually been punished for this shit yet?

I want Riciardo to keep his points and his position but I'm also sick of Red Bull pulling this sort of shit every season. If its not one thing its another, then they get away with it for a bit and by the time the FIA have a ruling on it they have used it to their benefit for a good few races. They need to start getting on top of this crap and get on it early, either they gained an advantage by going outside the rules or they didn't; sorting that put quickly atleast puts everyone on level playing field so far as design and running conditions are concerned.

Didn't watch the race (because insane time difference between Asutralia and Finland) but it seems that Williams was as fast on dry as tests indicated. Two times from back to 6 in one race from Bottas. Williams is surely second best car at the moment (?). They just need that dry qualifying session.

Red Bull pulling a shifty around the rules and their 'interpretation' of them again? How surprising. Have Red Bull ever actually been punished for this shit yet?

Being punished for having a legal car? No, I don't think so.

It's just a shame that Red Bull knows the rules better than the FIA for the most times.

Jibbed

Didn't watch the race (because insane time difference between Asutralia and Finland) but it seems that Williams was as fast on dry as tests indicated. Two times from back to 6 in one race from Bottas. Williams is surely second best car at the moment (?). They just need that dry qualifying session.

I'd say they're about equal with McLaren at the moment, perhaps only a little ahead. The Red Bulls are finding all of their pace through downforce at the moment, once the engine is competitive they'll be up there too.

D_prOdigy

Fucking Kamui ruined all. Those stupid paid drivers are always shitting up the grip. Shades of Nakajima there. I can't believe people are defending him. Of course the car won't stop if you try to brake 10 meters from the corner.

Massa lost a sure podium there, wont get many chances if Ferrari and Red Bull improve... don't think Williams can keep up with being the second best car tied with McLaren.

Systems failure on Kamui's car - no further action - he couldn't have prevented collision

come back and be a man, seattle.

TCRS

Banned
Haven't watched the race yet, still waiting for the BBC highlights on iplayer. But fucking hell Ferrari, fucking hell. smh.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It will be quite hard for Ferrari to set up car in a way that both drivers will feel confident. Looks like F14T is tailor made for Alonso drive style... when their PU will work as it should (probably sometime in July)

Here we go again, another year of 5th places.

WMD58RK.jpg

It's actually worse when you think about it. P5 in qualifying is usually enough for Alonso to get a podium finish, but this time he couldn't even improve his position. Also, Disqualifying Daniel would mean that Ferrari is second in the constructors championship.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Our gossip TV reported just published news that Lewis and Nicole are getting married this year. Apparently he took that from Daily Star yellow paper.

kmag

We all know why you're so interested in the outcome, Kevin! Your username doesn't fool me.

PS. lol
tbUEos3.jpg

My handle is nothing to do with Magnussen but my name is Kevin and my surname begins with Mag. But I was here first, I've got a couple of years on the 2nd Kmag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom