• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Come Monza transfer market goes into full silly season and then some every year, most of the time nothing happens. Just ignore all of it until anything is official.

wow....the latest is that alonso is going to Mercedes?? Incredible that things have gotten so bad that Merc would break Lewis's contract early unless it was mutual

that would mean Lewis to Ferrari unless he is going back to Mclaren
So Mercedes push Hamilton out because of driver tension and then bring in Alonso who would undoubtedly demand number one status? No way. It would have to be a patsy like Hulkenberg.

jey_16

Banned
did Brawn and Lewis work well together? Seems like thing went to shit after he left Merc

so the latest is

LDM leaves
Mattiaci to president
Brawn team principle/or Flavio?
Lewis to Ferrari
Alonso to Merc
Vettel to Mclaren for 2016?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Silly season in full flow now:
PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk 7m
More and more info that Hamilton will sign for McLaren if he doesn't win the 2014 WDC and Mercedes offer him less money for the future. #F1

Ruruja

so is my dick atm

1376155791509.gif

I really dislike Eddie. I keep disagreeing with everything he says, Lewis is not some emotional man-child and Rosberg is not a cool, calm driver.

Last race wasn't just a race incident, Rosberg was trying to "push the envelope" where there was no fucking envelope, that overtake was never going to happen in a hundred years.

I also dislike his view from last race about team vs driver.

I really dislike Eddie. I keep disagreeing with everything he says, Lewis is not some emotional man-child and Rosberg is not a cool, calm driver.

Last race wasn't just a race incident, Rosberg was trying to "push the envelope" where there was no fucking envelope, that overtake was never going to happen in a hundred years.

I also dislike his view from last race about team vs driver.

yeah, but listen to montoyas bit with ted, that whole thing was just pure luck theres no way rosberg was counting on popping lewis tire, it was a mistake.

I don't see how Hamilton leaving Mercedes for McLaren would make any sense at all.
With Toto saying that they would change the driver line up and having Rosberg on a long term deal I don't see that Hamilton has a choice. The team are now clearly favouring Rosberg. For Toto to say that while knowing that Lewis doesn't have a contract for 2016 while Rosberg does basically means they are going to push Lewis out.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
The idea of either Hamilton or Vettel signing for McLaren given their current lack of competitiveness is nuts to me, either they know something we don't about McL's 2015 car or both drivers are lacking other options, which is highly unlikely.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
With Toto saying that they would change the driver line up and having Rosberg on a long term deal I don't see that Hamilton has a choice. The team are now clearly favouring Rosberg. For Toto to say that while knowing that Lewis doesn't have a contract for 2016 while Rosberg does basically means they are going to push Lewis out.
Peter Windsor had a video out just after Spa where he has heard that the Mercedes boardroom prefer Rosberg to win the title as he is more marketable in their eyes.

Peter Windsor had a video out just after Spa where he has heard that the Mercedes boardroom prefer Rosberg to win the title as he is more marketable in their eyes.
He is German. That's why I think they will get Hulkenberg if Lewis leaves. Full German line up and a patsy driver for Rosberg to push around.

Hasney

He is German. That's why I think they will get Hulkenberg if Lewis leaves. Full German line up and a patsy driver for Rosberg to push around.

Hope it happens. Not because I want a full German team, but Hulkenberg is one of the best on the grid and I'll like to see how good by being in a top seat finally. Honestly don't believe he would be a patsy for anyone.

Hope it happens. Not because I want a full German team, but Hulkenberg is one of the best on the grid and I'll like to see how good by being in a top seat finally. Honestly don't believe he would be a patsy for anyone.
Yeah I think Hulkenberg deserves a chance, I don't see how Mercedes could make their team ethos/rules work with Alonso when they can't make it work with Hamilton. Alonso would demand number one status which Mercedes have said plenty of times that they wouldn't do.

It's funny, because Rosberg is the opposite of marketable. And I don't mean that in the insulting way, like most people do. It's just that no one gives a shit about him or his personality (or rather the lack of his). I certainly don't think any of the German F1 fans or viewers give a shit about him.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her

Ayrton was right, you can't have two "Number 1" drivers in a team, at least not without compromising your own teams WCC and WDC chances.

If Hulkenberg joins, it'll be as a patsy / Number 2.

It's funny, because Rosberg is the opposite of marketable. And I don't mean that in the insulting way, like most people do. It's just that no one gives a shit about him or his personality (or rather the lack of his). I certainly don't think any of the German F1 fans or viewers give a shit about him.
Yup. With a German team in the WCC lead and a German driver in the WDC lead RTL are reporting that ratings are down YoY by a third, and last year was already down quite a bit on 2012.

Hasney

Ayrton was right, you can't have two "Number 1" drivers in a team, at least not without compromising your own teams WCC and WDC chances.

If Hulkenberg joins, it'll be as a patsy / Number 2.

I agree, just not with the patsy part as I thought zomgbbq was saying that he would just be in there and not good enough to compete, which he clarified earlier.

If Rosberg wins the title, I think he'll be a better driver with that confidence... But I think Hulkenberg could come in and do a Ricci... And that's with anyone as the number 1.

He should just go full evil German, even get an evil laugh for race wins over the radio. I'd love that and buy his merch.

Yup. With a German team in the WCC lead and a German driver in the WDC lead RTL are reporting that ratings are down YoY by a third, and last year was already down quite a bit on 2012.

Mercedes is an international brand, F1 in an international sport, I really don't see why they should give a shit about the nationality of the driver.

Sadly I think whatever the case they don't want Hamilton.

Lewis has an option for 2015 - not sure if it's the team's or Lewis's. That alone will drive negotiation and how much leverage Lewis has.

Lewis to McLaren is the last option for Lewis. Ferrari and Red Bull should be ahead, but doubtful whether they'd want him unless they lose a driver of their own (and Red Bull opts against promoting Kvyat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom