• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness I can't really blame Mercedes:

- Nico has shown he can compete with the best;
- Hamilton has a 60£ 3 year deal that demands less marketing for the team (one of the reasons why he left Mclaren) and probably more marketing money for him;
- Nico, according to the Guardian, with his recent contract is 2/3rds of Hamilton's contract with (I assume) marketing commitments to the team;
- Nico has shown he's a marketing shill (podium in Malaysia this year comes to mind);
- I wonder if Mercedes is questioning if Lewis' brand if somewhat not so beneficial to Mercedes as initially thought (I'm sure they're done the math);

Either Hamilton lowers his wage or he starts doing a lot more PR.

Would love to see some driver movement, especially Alonso leaving the shitty Ferrari for a more competitive team.

olore

These rumours are very amusing. Lewis to Ferrari? I would love to see that happen even though I`m a McLaren-man through and through. I agree though that a switch would be strange. Mercedes do seem to have the best package.

And for what it`s worth, a bad pic of Romain G explaining his steering wheel

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Brundle saying Rosberg on lower DF package like Williams while Hamilton on higher DF settings.

Massa and Rosberg faster than Hamilton in S1 and S3 but Hamilton can take more speed into the Parabolica.

In fairness I can't really blame Mercedes:

- Nico has shown he can compete with the best;
- Hamilton has a 60£ 3 year deal that demands less marketing for the team (one of the reasons why he left Mclaren) and probably more marketing money for him;
- Nico, according to the Guardian, with his recent contract is 2/3rds of Hamilton's contract with (I assume) marketing commitments to the team;
- Nico has shown he's a marketing shill (podium in Malaysia this year comes to mind);
- I wonder if Mercedes is questioning if Lewis' brand if somewhat not so beneficial to Mercedes as initially thought (I'm sure they're done the math);
Either Hamilton lowers his wage or he starts doing a lot more PR.

Would love to see some driver movement, especially Alonso leaving the shitty Ferrari for a more competitive team.

Given Mercedes is a huge brand, I don't think they need the extra PR like, say, McLaren does. So don't think the PR argument is very relevant here.

Besides, Lewis's value will shine if other teams close the gap on Mercedes, which will likely happen by 2015 (if engine freeze is lifted)

Brundle saying Rosberg on lower DF package like Williams while Hamilton on higher DF settings.

Massa and Rosberg faster than Hamilton in S1 and S3 but Hamilton can take more speed into the Parabolica.

In theory, this should favor Lewis in the race (reduce tyre wear, rear instability, and help braking).

NHale

Rumors are all bullshit at least for 2015. Everything is set except for McLaren decision to retain Button and Magnussen or try to give a seat to Hulk or buyout Bottas. Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel will stay put for 2015.

2016 is when the mayhem will happen.

I agree, just not with the patsy part as I thought zomgbbq was saying that he would just be in there and not good enough to compete, which he clarified earlier.

If Rosberg wins the title, I think he'll be a better driver with that confidence... But I think Hulkenberg could come in and do a Ricci... And that's with anyone as the number 1.
I'm in agreement, I just think that Mercedes will bring him in to fill the Webber/Rubens role and be the second driver. I don't think he would be crap though because he clearly had talent and a decent amount of pace.

olore

Rosberg hit 354 km/h, wow. Is that on the back straight before the Parabolica?

Edit: No, it must be on the straight after Lesmo 2

Addnan

When was the last time a team had such a downward turn. From potential world champions to struggling at the back getting almost beaten by Marussia.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
That Lotus looks so bad it's almost tempting to say it shouldn't even be racing.

To be that ropey and hard to control whilst still being slower than Marussia is quite frankly shocking.

Mobbed.

Bw2UWsPIMAAXlug.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom