• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohonky

Yay for Massa!

Well done Hammy, but he is still going to need a perfect run for WDC.

Ricciardo an awesome run also.

Lewissssssssssss!
Well-earned for Massa.
lolRosberg

Can we find a way to make a Hamilton vs Alonso vs Ricciardo vs Bottas championship next year?

Mohonky

So in the end what do we have to say about Mercs calls? If Hamilton listened to their call to hang back off Rosberg, he probably wouldnt have won.....

Hasney

So in the end what do we have to say about Mercs calls? If Hamilton listened to their call to hang back off Rosberg, he probably wouldnt have won.....

It was easily the right call to make after the last race. Minimise them going wheel to wheel until the end. We'll never know what would have happened had Rosberg not messed the corner though.

Could have been code with his engineer for "have at it for a few laps", and, hey, some modest pressure made him crack almost instantly.

Edit: Doesn't really matter, honestly. They never ended up wheel-to-wheel.

Zeknurn

One of the better Monza races in several years. Good driving by Massa and great recovery by Bottas. Top 2 was Zzzz like usual.

Hasney

I think it was a fake call... maybe a pre-agreed strategy with his rae engineer.

Possibly. They probably did agree as a full team how many shits second place got, probably around the area of 2 or 3 after last race, and Hamilton got it at the first time of asking.

kiyomi

You know I totally wouldn't blame McLaren if they decided to get rid of both drivers, one drives like other people aren't on the track and the other just gives up half the time.

Chump of the Day goes to Esteban Gutierrez. I've already said I think he's lost his drive for next year, and with moves like that, he really deserves to be out. It's not even like he's quick.

Ark

Hamilton has incredible global support and Nico has the exact opposite. I'm actually amazed to see this kind of reaction from the Italian crowd. The cheers when he went off at the chicane twice say it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom