• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Hamilton has incredible global support and Nico has the exact opposite. I'm actually amazed to see this kind of reaction from the Italian crowd. The cheers when he went off at the chicane twice say it all really.

And hearing those cheers, it really makes me happy about the new engines. Real pity about some of the quieter tracks.

Ark

Bless, is like Massa's regarded as an honorary Italian.

I think after his accident in 2009 and his sudden up-turn in form in 2012 has earned him a huge amount of sympathy. His podium at Suzuka with Kobayashi was one of the most incredible moments.

EDIT: EJ asking the question I had in my mind as well.

Xun

I think Hamilton has earned that Alonso-esque sympathy from the Italians who feel that he also deserves more titles.
Yeah, it certainly seems that way.

A huge contrast to what has happened in the past.

It's a shame Rosberg got that many boos though.

Hasney

I think after his accident in 2009 and his sudden up-turn in form in 2012 has earned him a huge amount of sympathy. His podium at Suzuka with Kobayashi was one of the most incredible moments.

Oh god I know. Was just thinking that podium was the loudest one with this one coming second right now.

Cuddler

I feel a little bad for Rosberg, one of the few drivers that can speack Italian and I know he really likes Italy and I remember him because he was really funny back then(trolling Italian interviewers, lol), he really did a stupid move at Spa, he should have more self confidence, he could have won the Championship even without doing those things, or at least tried, but what he did just show that he doesn't believe much in his driving skills.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ahaha, did you guys see a sign in the crowd under podium :

FIA UNDER INVESTIGATION
LACK OF LOUDNESS

:D

TCRS

Banned
kind of slow BBC interviews... the drivers are still tired I guess. Not even RIC had much to say and he doesn't look like the quiet type.

Hasney

I was watching their reaction to him in the room and it was very cold. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

To be fair, he's had his issues with Massa in the past but they seemed cordial at the start, and obviously the issues with Rosberg right now. I don't think he would have had that if it was 2 other guys up there with him.

Rosberg made a point to speak Italian to him though.

dalin80

Banned
Massa and Hamilton seemed OK with each other, considering their history everything looked OK there. It doesn't matter who comes where that weird little debrief room always has a very odd atmosphere, you could put hardened terrorists in there and they would break through comfortableness.

Breakage

I was watching their reaction to him in the room and it was very cold. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Didn't look like there was an issue between Hamilton and Massa.
Just looked like Rosberg was excluding Hamiliton by speaking to Massa in Italian.

The pre-podium freshen-up room is always awkward. It very rarely provides the fly-on-the-wall, juicy conversations/reactions that the broadcaster is hoping for, as the drivers are well aware of the camera. I don't think they should bother showing it tbh.

Konosuke

The pre-podium freshen-up room is always awkward. It very rarely provides the fly-on-the-wall, juicy conversations/reactions that the broadcaster is hoping for, as the drivers are well aware of the camera. I don't think they should bother showing it tbh.

It was worth it for Multi 21 alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom