• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why are they in too deep? If they can change rules on radio use instantly, why can't they drop double points this year? The championship is looking like it will be affected by it, if things continue as they are.

To be fair, that was the point of the change in the first place, wasn't it?

Why are they in too deep? If they can change rules on radio use instantly, why can't they drop double points this year? The championship is looking like it will be affected by it, if things continue as they are.

The people paying for the race in Abu Dhabi might have paid extra money to have a better chance of the championship not being over before the last race. Even if they haven't it's probably in a contract.

untitled-3d4skn.gif
untitled-49ojai.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
in which case maybe they could have had some clause about it only kicking in if the 2nd place driver is more than xx points behind first place.

It's never gonna be a good idea, there's no reason a race at the end of the year should be more important than halfway through or at the beginning of the season.

I know he's not well liked around here, but I'm feeling for Vettel. I suspect he'd love to just have a normal weekend with no mechanical issues. Losing FP2 is especially bad because you lose the ability to set your car up for the race properly.

I know he's not well liked around here, but I'm feeling for Vettel. I suspect he'd love to just have a normal weekend with no mechanical issues. Losing FP2 is especially bad because you lose the ability to set your car up for the race properly.

I think Vettel is just struggling to learn the car, and he isn't entirely alone here. Kimi isn't exactly driving great either. If he's still driving middle of the pack next year then I think we can start to say perhaps he wasn't as great as some thought. But I also don't think that should take away the fact that he wont as many championships as he did.

DBT85

I have no issue with the guy, I just don't want him anywhere near the title for a couple of years. He's finally had a few bad rolls of the dice after 4 fairly trouble free years in a dominant car.

Mastah

What is going on with Williams?

While almost everyone found 2.5-3 seconds going for time on supersofts, Massa improved by 1.5 seconds, while Bottas only by 5 tenths. They were competitive on softs, something around P5, but without finding time on options they finished at the bottom. Whether they were masking their true performance or simply couldn't switch on supersofts is an open question.

olore

I have nothing against him. I just want him to have a normal season with a normal car that doesn`t make him believe that he is the second coming of Christ. I`d say that his fan(s) here is more annoying than him

Zeknurn

@pitlanetalk: McLaren and Honda are prepared to buy Fernando Alonso out of Ferrari for €30 million. That's just the contract termination price. #F1

edit:
@pitlanetalk: Honda and McLaren will make their final decision on their driver line-up and an announcement in Suzuka. It's either Button or Alonso. #F1

I really hope that they get Alonso. It would be the best for both McLaren and Alonso.

Ark

Alonso back to McLaren would be insane. On the same level of surprise as Hamilton to Mercedes IMO.

Does that mean Button to Ferrari for a year while they wait for Vettel? Or Hamilton to Ferrari next year? Silly season whoop.

Zeknurn

Alonso back to McLaren would be insane. On the same level of surprise as Hamilton to Mercedes IMO.

Does that mean Button to Ferrari for a year while they wait for Vettel? Or Hamilton to Ferrari next year? Silly season whoop.

Get Bianchi or Hulkenberg in for a year until Kimi retires at the end of next season.

Zeknurn

Would be hilarious if the Mclaren is another dog next year...they had the best engine this season and did nothing with it

I have more faith in McLaren bouncing back after two subpar years than Ferrari cleaning up the absolute mess they have been in several years.

jey_16

Banned
I have more faith in McLaren bouncing back after two subpar years than Ferrari cleaning up the absolute mess they have been in several years.

Ferrari has been more than competitive relative to Mclaren over the same period and atleast Alonso has been challenging for a championship in most of those years unlike the Mclaren drivers

Anyway, after the way Ron treated him in 07, i would be suprised if he went back.

Zeknurn

Ferrari has been more than competitive relative to Mclaren over the same period and atleast Alonso has been challenging for a championship in most of those years unlike the Mclaren drivers

Anyway, after the way Ron treated him in 07, i would be suprised if he went back.

I guess it's impossible to know how much of it was because of the drivers and not the teams in both cases.

Engine problems for Hamilton?

I liked the Pérez radio engineer message "Sector one..... Oh right not allowed anymore" followed up with Kobayashi race engineer telling everything to him.

Why would Ferrari take Button?

Probably but watching the laps they're a bit all over the place in some of the corners.

I agree, but quite likely the effect of extra fuel in the tank.

Get Bianchi or Hulkenberg in for a year until Kimi retires at the end of next season.

There's certainly an advantage to that, but given the position they're in, maybe Button's experience might be more attractive to them for helping for their fortunes around.

Who knows though, it is Ferrari after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom