• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Ferrari sent Alonso out with three Hard tyres and one Medium tyre on the right-front and told him to stop in the pitlane while they wheeled him back into the garage.

Comical stuff, if you're not a Ferrari fan...

For sure it is a problem, but for sure we will look at it and work hard and find a solution. For sure.

How much was on Kimi flying?

BkYbQwPCAAEZgTi.jpg:orig

Ouch.

EDIt: So Red Bull have been tampering with the fuel flow sensor and then complaining because it doesn't work properly?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes is far ahead. But others, Ferrari, Williams, RBR and Force India are quite nicely packed together. Ferrari struggling with degradation of front tyres.

Ark

Do we know what the long-run times were for Hamilton and Rosberg? Curious to see how close Rosberg can get to Hamilton after a week of 'I want to know what setup he had'.

John_B

Sunday will be uncomfortably dominated by Mercedes. I hope they feint some pace by turning down the engines and don't go all greedy like Vettel in Singapore last season.

Do we know what the long-run times were for Hamilton and Rosberg? Curious to see how close Rosberg can get to Hamilton after a week of 'I want to know what setup he had'.
It's okay, Rosberg is the intelligent one, he will figure it out.

Juicy Bob

Sunday will be uncomfortably dominated by Mercedes. I hope they feint some pace by turning down the engines and don't go all greedy like Vettel in Singapore last season.
That's exactly what they've been doing the first two races. Rosberg and Hamilton have both won after effectively cruising to victory to try and ensure reliability.

I think we have to accept that, unless someone like Red Bull or Williams really get a move on, Mercedes have this season on lock.

Draconian

Just bought a ticket to the race in Austin. Hopefully this championship isn't over by then. I'm sure double points will make sure it's not, but I'd at least like there to be some drama in the race.

Ark

That's exactly what they've been doing the first two races. Rosberg and Hamilton have both won after effectively cruising to victory to try and ensure reliability.

I think we have to accept that, unless someone like Red Bull or Williams really get a move on, Mercedes have this season on lock.

In Hamilton's latest BBC column he said the only reason he set the fastest lap in Malaysia is because he spent a couple of laps pushing the car to see what it was actually capable of for when/if he finds himself in a fight some point in the season.

EDIT:
It was kind of weird this year to have people asking whether I could adapt to the new Formula 1 rules. I was like: "Are you serious?" I've adapted to every car I've ever driven. It's what we do.

But it was great to be able to show that. I even used a bit less fuel than nearly everyone else - although I used a bit more in the last couple of laps just exploring what the car could do.

I set the fastest lap, which was great, but it wasn't for fun.

The car felt good and I thought it was important to learn what it was able to do in case I needed it in any situation that might arise in the future this year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26878461

John_B

Yes, Red Bull chasing Rosberg in Malaysia was an illusion at best. I'm just saying Mercedes should let third place be within a bad pit stop margin of excitement to keep the following Internet rage down to a minimum.

I just saw the long run pace of the Merc. Holy shit.

I really hope Rosberg is up for a fight with Hamilton or we wont see either car all race.

markao

Have you seen dat Force India though?
If Nico nails his quali run, I can see him challenge for the last spot on the podium, Ferrari was a handful and Nico looked just ahead the RBRs. Also curious to finally see what the Williams can do on a dry Q. run

Hammer24

Banned
...we know they along with TR and Lotus have been tampering with the sensors to get them to fit.

Not "tampering" in the "cheating" sense. They modified them (added parts), to make it easier to exchange them. But I concur, that must be what causes the problems.

Curious to see how close Rosberg can get to Hamilton after a week of 'I want to know what setup he had'.

You do remember, that ROS engine has one more race length on it?

Jibbed

If Nico nails his quali run, I can see him challenge for the last spot on the podium, Ferrari was a handful and Nico looked just ahead the RBRs. Also curious to finally see what the Williams can do on a dry Q. run

I'd hazard a guess at P4 or 5 in quali, but thus far on long distance runs the Force India is second quickest and a few tenths up on Ferrari/RBR.

I just saw the long run pace of the Merc. Holy shit.

I really hope Rosberg is up for a fight with Hamilton or we wont see either car all race.

Rosberg hasn't got a chance, Hammy will do a number on him all season as long as he doesn't suffer car failures.

Hopefully Mercedes dump Nico at the end of the season and get Vettel in the car.

Webber on Saturday Kitchen Live (BBC1)

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
McLaren's Stoffel Vandoorne wins on his GP2 debut.
It was between him and Magnussen for the McLaren drive this year.

Rakuten McLaren - Honda

The Japanese owner of Play.com is in talks to take over the title sponsorship of the McLaren Formula One (F1) team, one of the most prestigious naming rights deals in global sport.

Sky News has learnt that Rakuten, Japan’s biggest internet retailer, is in advanced discussions with the British motor racing outfit about paying roughly £40m annually over the next three years as it builds global awareness of its growing business empire.

The talks have been going on for some time, and Rakuten is understood to have seen off competition from an unidentified drinks brand to move into pole position to secure an agreement.

McLaren's Stoffel Vandoorne wins on his GP2 debut.
It was between him and Magnussen for the McLaren drive this year.
Magnussen will be staying. It all depends on if Button retires, then again, do McLaren want to bring in a new engine supplier with two drivers with just one season's experience?

Pimpwerx

Hey guys what's the verdict on the F1 app subscription? Worth it? I use the free services each race and want to know if the premium services are worth the price. I'd like more data during the race, than we currently get for free. If it's worth it, I'll buy it before qualies.

Ark

Ricciardo is really far down the order at the end of FP3. Wonder if that's indicative of their pace this weekend of just sandbagging. Qualy will be interesting!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ricciardo is really far down the order at the end of FP3. Wonder if that's indicative of their pace this weekend of just sandbagging. Qualy will be interesting!

I believe Bahrain does not suit the Red Bull. They'll be glad to score some points.
Order seems to be Mercedes >>>> Force India/Williams > Ferrari/McLaren/Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom