• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

This race was awesome. Have to agree with Lauda that it also showed a great bit of sport spirit. Lots of team infighting, loved it!

markao

This is Brawn 2009. Even if people catch up, it'll be over in the first half of the season.

I just hope Rosberg keep putting up the fight Barrichello couldn't.
Agree, but right now I cannot see them catch up this much against a high class team (well funded) as Mercedes, even with double points in the last race.

malyce

The Merc gap at the end after the SC would've been even larger if Ham was on Softs and not having to battle or hold off Nico. Stick a fork in it, it's done. The Mercs aren't gonna be caught this season.

Ric keeps showing up Vettel. Blown floors? lol

NHale

I love that this race shuts down Luca DiMontezemelo complaints about F1 not being exciting because of new rules aka fuel limit.

He tried to push his agenda because the Ferrari engine is less powerful and consumes more fuel.

Now this happens in the same weekend where he met with Todt. Perfect timing.

MrKaepora

Great race. Hope to see more of this this year.

Hamilton, Rosberg and Mercedes gave a show to be seen. Too bad Massa couldn't pass Vettel.

Ricciardo, nicely done. One more lap and he would be on the podium.

Well deserved also for Force India and Perez. I still stand on my opinion that Perez is a good driver and not another Maldonado.

Speaking of Maldonado, I hope FIA goes up in his ass. What was that indeed.

dubc35

Started watching right when the SC came in on lap ~45, great finish. It sounds like it was a great GP overall too. I'll have to go back and watch the beginning.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
China will be another Mercedes powered playground... Sector 3 there is written for that engine.

Ark

HOLY SHITTING CHRIST.

That's all I have to say. Perez is a beast, I knew he wasn't as bad as he was in last year's McLaren. Ricciardo was amazing, Vettel was quietly impressive, Hulk lost out, Ferrari LOL, Maldonado still needs to have his Superlicence revoked, HOLY SHIT HAMILTON DAMN SON, amazing effort by Rosberg too.

I was shaking at the end of that race. One of the best, most exciting races I've ever had the privilege of watching.

Deadman

Only retirements can stop merc going 1-2 at every race, no one will catch them. At least we got some nice racing.

Get prupose out of f1.

f0rk

I think the real lesson of the weekend is never get in an Italian taxi

That move from McLaren to merc was inspired. Well done Lewis.

I think you could see this happening, or at least Mercades being very competitive again with the new regulations. The fact they had such a good car last year was more surprising to me, I thought Lewis was writing that year off just to get settled.

Draconian

Where are all the people slagging off on Perez now? I told you guys that car last year was hot garbage and it wouldn't have mattered who you put in it.

Leunam

Force India have a great driver pairing this year. Great car to be sure, but I dont think Di Resta or Sutil could make it shine the way Perez and Hulkenberg will.

paskowitz

Bar the noise and Merc's massive advantage, this season is shaping up the be amazing. I'm calling a 4 way battle for second with RBR, Williams, Mac and Force India.

ZeroXZee

He apparently got 3 penalties for that - the 10 second stop/go, 5 place grid drop, and 3 points on his license.

For the sake of comparision, what were the penalties Ricciardo got from that unsafety release last race? Only 5 places drop for Loldonado sounds not fair enough...

Hasney

For the sake of comparision, what were the penalties Ricciardo got from that unsafety release last race? Only 5 places drop for Loldonado sounds not fair enough...

Stop-go penalty and 10-place grid drop. No points I believe, which makes sense since it wasn't his fault.

Hasney

He can't help but be not bitter he knew he had a small pace advantage today but was still out raced.

Yeah exactly. I think he's more frustrated at himself than bitter because he had the advantage and couldn't get the job done. I was pulling for Nico, because I always want the guy who hasn't won the championship to take it, but he was simply out-raced today.

Ark

The fuck? Ricardo gets 10 for an unsafe release and Maldanado only gets 5 for that shit?

To play Devil's advocate; Ricciardo's unsafe release could have killed someone with a rogue wheel in the pitlane, the Loldonado crash was at least 'controlled' in the sense that GUT was in a car designed to protect the driver.

Yeah exactly. I think he's more frustrated at himself than bitter because he had the advantage and couldn't get the job done. I was pulling for Nico, because I always want the guy who hasn't won the championship to take it, but he was simply out-raced today.

Their reactions at the end of the race says it all really. Nico was thrilled by the racing but bitter that he lost that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom