• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

To play Devil's advocate; Ricciardo's unsafe release could have killed someone with a rogue wheel in the pitlane, the Loldonado crash was at least 'controlled' in the sense that GUT was in a car designed to protect the driver.

True, but since it's not the drivers fault, they should find a better penalty I think. Maybe dock constructors points.

Still, all said, it probably only cost Riccardo a place. no way he would keep up with the Mercs, but may have gotten Perez if he started where he qualified.

Did Sutil or Bianchi got a penalty for their incident ?

Said it was being investigated, but I don't remember seeing anything that said what happened. Maybe after the race since Sutil retired.

Hyoushi

Maximum effort here

saubervault.jpg

Pimpwerx

Gonna say that Red Bull probably has a good shot in Monaco.
Not a chance. Mercedes is going to walk this season. It's more than engine. They're a good aero package too. The last two years, they actually did great aero work, just couldn't keep the tires together. Now that they've got the tires sorted and the engine gap has widened, they are pasting the field. If it was all engine,the other Mercedes runners would be a lot closer.

I think the real lesson of the weekend is never get in an Italian taxi

I think you could see this happening, or at least Mercades being very competitive again with the new regulations. The fact they had such a good car last year was more surprising to me, I thought Lewis was writing that year off just to get settled.
LOL @ the people who doubted Merc could extend their engine dominance in this new era. McLaren fans hoping Honda can somehow gain from sitting out a year are going to be really disappointed. The FIA is going to have to allow changes to the engines in a year or two. PEACE.

dalin80

Banned
LOL @ the people who doubted Merc could extend their engine dominance in this new era. McLaren fans hoping Honda can somehow gain from sitting out a year are going to be really disappointed. The FIA is going to have to allow changes to the engines in a year or two. PEACE.

The only chance there is if honda have enough time to employ the ideas that have allowed the merc unit to be such an impressive unit.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
True, but since it's not the drivers fault, they should find a better penalty I think. Maybe dock constructors points.

Yeah, I think the grid penalty for Ricciardo was a bit unfair too, A fine for the team would've sufficed. Although you really want to prevent incidents like that loose tire hitting a camera man last year.

John_B

Masterful racing from Hamilton. The win seemed impossible when the SC came out. Those duels between Hamilton and Rosberg were pure class. It made Vettel's and Webber's middle-of-a-straight-collision in Turkey look like a bad drunken hobo bout.

Ricciardo is impressive, very fast and totally calm. When Red Bull gets some of their magic back, I seriously doubt it will continue as a solo driver performance.

The championship is locked. Mercedes is a lap ahead the rest. No flexible body parts or directed exhaust gases will turn things around to a Red Bull domination.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also, where is Ron Dennis with his half a second advantage hiding?
Both Mclarens ended with clutch failure today.

Force India got 44 points in WCC so far, last season only 77

They just need to stay calm

They will figure it out, of they are fully aware of the problem, how long can it possibly take for them to fix it?

I mean, Stefano clearly said they are working on it at the factory so that will fix it, boom problem solved.

They also fixed the windtunnel, boom problem solved as well.

Luca gave that extremely motivating speech last year about how they will get better , boom problem solved.

Bunch of problem solvers. Soon it will all work out again and they will be champions once again.

Stefano da god.

Nolan.

I love Nico as a person and a driver but have to say the statistics are becoming more in favour of Lewis. Each time he has won in the same race Lewis has finished Lewis has had some kind of issue. However it is encouraging that he keeps bouncing back and reminding Lewis he's still there and still a threat, this is what Webber kind of failed to apply to Vettel through RBR dominance and it's all the sport needs even with such a massive advantage to keep the races alive, good intense racing.

Ark

I love Nico as a person and a driver but have to say the statistics are becoming more in favour of Lewis. Each time he has won in the same race Lewis has finished Lewis has had some kind of issue. However it is encouraging that he keeps bouncing back and reminding Lewis he's still there and still a threat, this is what Webber kind of failed to apply to Vettel through RBR dominance and it's all the sport needs even with such a massive advantage to keep the races alive, good intense racing.

Let's be fair, that only accounts for Silverstone last year and Melbourne three weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the rubber tube that caused Hamilton's retirement in Australia ends up deciding the championship.

They will figure it out, of they are fully aware of the problem, how long can it possibly take for them to fix it?

I mean, Stefano clearly said they are working on it at the factory so that will fix it, boom problem solved.

They also fixed the windtunnel, boom problem solved as well.

Luca gave that extremely motivating speech last year about how they will get better , boom problem solved.

Bunch of problem solvers. Soon it will all work out again and they will be champions once again.

Stefano da god.

Ferrari really seem to be the major team that is in trouble. Even Lotus can point to significant improvements from race to race. Red Bull have strong aero and the PU software is coming along (slowly).

What does Ferrari have? Bad PU, seemingly poor aero, pathetic straight line speed, no better than average in the corners and a poor record of in season improvements. How low do we expect them to finish in the WCC? I could see them finish as low as sixth.

Ferrari really seem to be the major team that is in trouble. Even Lotus can point to significant improvements from race to race. Red Bull have strong aero and the PU software is coming along (slowly).

What does Ferrari have? Bad PU, seemingly poor aero, pathetic straight line speed, no better than average in the corners and a poor record of in season improvements. How low do we expect them to finish in the WCC? I could see them finish as low as sixth.

This question is pretty complex, I need to check the Ferrari press manual so see how I need to respond to this.

Safe to say I know what the problem is and the team and I are working on it.

Nolan.

Let's be fair, that only accounts for Silverstone last year and Melbourne three weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the rubber tube that caused Hamilton's retirement in Australia ends up deciding the championship.

Either way though they have to be the most dynamic pairing in a long while. Vettel and Webber were technically the strongest due to car advantage. Though I think Merc is a threat even outside of the car advantage given the relationship these two seem to be able to manage. Though saying that we shall see how that unfolds when things heat up a little more towards the later end. Though it's exciting to watch them try and improve consistently to stay alert.

Shaneus

Didn't watch, but Danny Ricky finishing ahead of Vettel despite the 10 place grid penalty at the start? Guess we know what The Finger's really like in a car that doesn't dominate ;)

I saw a good one earlier saying that Karthekayan could have won 4 WDC in the Red Bull that Vettel had. I wonder how Webber feels about comments like that. :D

Klocker

just finished watching ghat dam!
Even with the Merc domination that is the most fun I've had watching this sport in a long time... miles ahead of that boring RB crap the last couple years

great to see FI, Williams in the mix. and Ricciardo 😊

Xun

What a fantastic race from the whole of the field.

I wish I watched it live, but it was exciting nonetheless.

The friendly rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg was fantastic to see, so hopefully it continues.

Ark

What a fantastic race from the whole of the field.

I wish I watched it live, but it was exciting nonetheless.

The friendly rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg was fantastic to see, so hopefully it continues.

I think it's more 'sporting respect' than 'friendly rivalry'. Rosberg's body language has been speaking volumes this season so far.

And so has Hamilton's. They're like polar opposites of each other in the interviews.

Nicktendo86

Shocker from Ferrari, rumours of their engine being overweight and down on power. They are fucked this season at least.

Edit: a masterclass from Hamilton today. Managed to beat Eosberg on worse tyres, amazing. I do t think there is any doubt if he was in a Red Bull the past four years he would be a five time champ by now.

Ark

So far Hamilton has won at least one race in each year of his Formula 1 career. Are there any other drivers that have achieved that over an equally long career?

Fisico

So is the Ferrari's engine the worst in the end ?

Ferrari overall pace is bad, Sauber seems set for their worst season in a while and Marussia didn't improve at all.
Meanwhile Red Bull has good shot for 2nd in WCC, Torro Rosso's performance is slightly better than the previous year and Lotus... is improving I guess ?

Let's forget about Caterham

Draconian

So is the Ferrari's engine the worst in the end ?

Ferrari overall pace is bad, Sauber seems set for their worst season in a while and Marussia didn't improve at all.
Meanwhile Red Bull has good shot for 2nd in WCC, Torro Rosso's performance is slightly better than the previous year and Lotus... is improving I guess ?

Let's forget about Caterham

Right now, about the only thing it has going for it is reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom