• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Zeknurn

Commentators here are talking about how the pitwall communications with Rosberg are starting to sound a lot like banned radio messages - telling him how to use the lower gears, what options he has now and how he can take advantage of them, etc. Wonder if there'll be an investigation. Lol.

Radio messages related to car reliability was deemed to be allowed after the outcry following the ban.

Aiii

So not worth it
Commentators here are talking about how the pitwall communications with Rosberg are starting to sound a lot like banned radio messages - telling him how to use the lower gears, what options he has now and how he can take advantage of them, etc. Wonder if there'll be an investigation. Lol.

Its allowed when it's due to mechanical failure, right?

D_prOdigy

Didn't they have a bit of a row-back and say that rule would only come into effect next year?

God, that would be a perfect way to end the race for him. But aren't these kind of messages allowed in case of technical issues? To ensure the safety of the car and driver, I think.

duckroll

Yeah I think they might be allowed because he's having a technical problem. Apparently Hamilton's telling the team that he's "hearing a lot more beeps" from his car now and they're looking into it. Paranoia setting in? :)

Mohonky

Thats such bullshit imo. The cars are so complicated and the drivers arent mechanical or electrical engineers they should able to tell drivers they have a problem and possible remedies.

I agree with telling drivers brake later, accelerate earlier etc, that is telling them how to drive, but rebooting systems, possible failures and how to avoid it I dont have a problem with.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Even if Hamilton DNFs, Nico is way too slow for P5. We are as good as done here.

RoKKeR

Poor guy. Literally nothing he can do now and it was entirely on the team to put him in a place to succeed. They certainly fucked that up.

Massive respects to Rosberg for how he's managing the situation.

Like I said before, he probably never expected to win the championship in this race, so he made peace with the situation. I'm trying not to feel bad for him, because I didn't expect him to win either. And maybe it's better for both if they don't end up on the podium.

Mohonky

Poor guy. Literally nothing he can do now and it was entirely on the team to put him in a place to succeed. They certainly fucked that up.

To be fair, had it not been for Merc not being able to supply a working car in quali's and during the race, Hamilton would have already sealed this championship.

FuturusX

Well to be fair - things break. Hard to say how much is on the team and what's down to bad luck. They have had way too many issues this season though...

This is such a shit end to the season and yet a good reflection of this season as a whole. It wasn't in Nico's hands anyway, but if we see the race leader not going for the race win because they're concerned about the reliability of his car...

Well to be fair - things break. Hard to say how much is on the team and what's down to bad luck. They have had way too many issues this season though...

Holy shit. :lol From now on I demand a red ring of death on the sidepod of every car, whenever the ERS fails.

h3ro

8yFXLzI.png

lol

Top Bottom