• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Just one more race win for Lewis to get a 25+ point buffer. That way, going into Brazil, if the worst happens, the best Nico can do is make it just about dead even going into Double Dhabi.

Ruruja

Just one more race win for Lewis to get a 25+ point buffer. That way, going into Brazil, if the worst happens, the best Nico can do is make it just about dead even going into Double Dhabi.

If reliability isn't a factor, I can't see Rosberg beating Hamilton at Abu Dhabi anyways, he's always been rapid there.

It's pretty obvious it's Mclaren, and his stance is just a negotiation tactic - probably dealing the financial details and Ron playing hardball.

Ark

6bEEUOK.jpg

hmm

Alonso to drive Ferrari's LMP1 in the WEC next year confirmed.

If reliability isn't a factor, I can't see Rosberg beating Hamilton at Abu Dhabi anyways, he's always been rapid there.

Hamilton has a great record for results at Abu Dhabi, but he also has a notable record of reliability issues there too :p

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Vettel will take his 6th engine in Austin and won't take part in qualifying also.
Will start from the pitlane.

I thought if you didn't actually take your penalty properly (i.e. if you qualified last but one and got a five place penalty) then they'd add it on for the next race.

If I were a betting man I would put my house on an Alonso/KMag McLaren lineup for next year.

The only reason Button has gone is because Alonso doesn't want a piece. I don't see any other reason to get rid - he's just a much better driver than Magnussen and he'll still be better years from now. It's a complete boneheaded decision from McLaren, bowing down to King Cunt's demands after he tried to blackmail them.

I won't support the team if he joins.

Tomorrow is a big day:

- Fiat-Chrysler debut on Wall Street;
- Marchionne first day as CEO of Ferrari;
- Alonso announces departure from Ferrari;
- Vettel announces he's coming to Ferrari;

And about the snub: (beaten)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1scrut8

Was puzzled with the video showing Todt not handshaking Alonso so I called FIA F1 Head of Comm Matteo Bonciani. He explained that Todt and Alonso went with the same car and walked together until they took their place. So Todt handshake the other drivers. There is no story ...

Juicy Bob

Part of tomorrow's Ferrari press release has leaked.

Fernando Alonso: "I'm so pleased to be finally leaving this hopeless team, although I'm very proud to have blown Kimi into the fucking weeds over the course of this season.

To Sebastian, I can only say enjoy another winless year in 2015 lol"

Nicktendo86

The only reason Button has gone is because Alonso doesn't want a piece. I don't see any other reason to get rid - he's just a much better driver than Magnussen and he'll still be better years from now. It's a complete boneheaded decision from McLaren, bowing down to King Cunt's demands after he tried to blackmail them.

I won't support the team if he joins.
Alonso will want to be the de facto number one for sure. He will help the team with development etc and is for my money the best driver on the grid, as a McLaren fan I would welcome him with open arms.

Did he say "shot it down" or "shut it down"?

Because there was confirmation before the race that the secret service could shut down all radio frequencies and wireless comms if they suspected that there might be an attempt on Putin.

kiyomi

Did he say "shot it down" or "shut it down"?

Because there was confirmation before the race that the secret service could shut down all radio frequencies and wireless comms if they suspected that there might be an attempt on Putin.
Definitely says "shot". It's hilariously inappropriate, hopefully it can only hasten his tenure as the lead presenter on Sky.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I really hope that current Mercedes F1 team leaders will honor Ross Brawn, this year's dominant car is fruit of his planning, building the team and managing it through difficult first years.

And I can see a big big grin on face of Aldo Costa :)

John_B

Mercedes has been so strong in every regard, I fully expect them to take home the silverware again next season.

Vettel at Ferrari will be interesting. His low form this season has not been impressive.

I really hope that current Mercedes F1 team leaders will honor Ross Brawn, this year's dominant car is fruit of his planning, building the team and managing it through difficult first years.

And I can see a big big grin on face of Aldo Costa :)
LPxWfjB.png

Edit. Really sucks that Schumacher couldn't be there on the sideline and enjoy some of that success as well. He did have a hand in building the team.

hitgirl

Sorta a boring race today, maybe it was because I was doing work while watching. But not much seemed to happen, i like the first few laps with that big turn.

Edit: nevermind, just got to the post race interviews. This is amazing, who is this guy? Best race ever.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Some tasty rumours from the Pitlane Talk twitter account again:

PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk 18m18 minutes ago
Fernando Alonso's original contract is with Honda (not McLaren) and it's a 2 + 1 year deal. Salary is €30M/year

PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk 16m16 minutes ago
The deal between Alonso and Honda was finalized as soon as Hamilton rejected McLaren's €40M offer and chose to stay at Mercedes

Big big money for Hamilton, he has been great on track this season but is he worth 10M more per season over Alonso.

hitgirl

So next race is going to be the first F1 race I see in person after about 3 years of watching. Going to Austin for it. My girlfriends uncle is a big to do in Texas who owns car museums and has a few F1 cars himself. I got invited to join in their VIP skybox for the race weekend, I'm crazy excited and I'm going to have to control myself come race weekend because I'll be flipping out. I have no idea what it's like seeing an F1 race live, like should I bring binoculars? My eyesight sucks.

also Austin track has been one of my favorites, I love that first turn.

Yeah, definitely take binoculars. Make sure they're not too high magnification though or you'll have a shitload of trouble tracking the cars as they move.

No need for ear protection any more.

Not particularly, something with around 8x25 magnification (with good ratings) should do fine. You wont be seeing drivers nostril hairs, but it'll get you a bit closer to the action.

Yagami_Sama

Just watched the race. I totally forgot about the race.

For one moment I thought that Button would reach the top 3, but he was close. And that was a good race from both McLaren's drivers.

Top Bottom