• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Ark

It really makes a huge difference to me that Lewis and Nico both frequently acknowledge that the car is incredible, unlike Vettel who always treated it as if he had just managed to win by the smallest of margins.

Most boring race of the season so far. Should have had super softs and softs to make it a two stop race at least.

Worse than Monaco IMO.

h3ro

God that post race interview was the worst thing I have ever seen.

What was so bad about it?

The interviewer seemed like he's popular and asked the typical post race stuff.

The podium position itself was pretty boring, would think they would have had it higher up and over the crowd.

McNum

Yeah this was a pretty uneventful race. But after last week's race, I was kind of in the mood for one of these. That was enough drama for several races.

Anyway... next!

mbpufq.gif

Nicktendo86

Most boring race of the season so far. Should have had super softs and softs to make it a two stop race at least.

Worse than Monaco IMO.
Pirelli fucked up. This is which a safe track layout with the amount of runoff etc, I hate these new tracks. This was crying out for some more stops or something.

John_B

Rosberg does not look great for this last stint of the season. Like his fired was doused. Hamilton on the other hand looks super confident.

Great race by Magnussen from 11th to 5th.

Ark

Well we all know what happened the last time Hamilton won four races in a row. Hopefully there're no shenanigans with only three races left to go.

DBT85

Well we all know what happened the last time Hamilton won four races in a row. Hopefully there're no shenanigans with only three races left to go.

Every driver who won 4 in a row won the title. He's done it twice this year.

C'mon Lewis!

Toto really is a huge bloke and has the voice to match.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Perelli fucked up. This is which a safe track layout with the amount of runoff etc, I hate these new tracks. This was crying out for some more stops or something.
In reading the formula1.com official previews for the race, Tilke was totally convinced that this track was going to beat the shit out of tyres. Not sure how he came to that conclusion but he thought that would make it exciting. Not only was he wrong, but catastrophically wrong since this is apparently the lowest wear of any track.

...The Putin gif is awesome. "Why not add the world's most awkward leader into what is already one of the most hilariously awkward confined spaces in sport?" ...Though no one seemed terribly happy to see Bernie, either.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mclaren gathered 22 points today. Up to this race, they collected 121 points

Williams is paying the price of Felipe poor form (8th race without points, Bottas slipped only twice), another race without points for him. But still they extended their lead on 3rd place in WCC.

In reading the formula1.com official previews for the race, Tilke was totally convinced that this track was going to beat the shit out of tyres. Not sure how he came to that conclusion but he thought that would make it exciting. Not only was he wrong, but catastrophically wrong since this is apparently the lowest wear of any track.
Problem is in tarmac, which is still way too new and almost unused. As somebody said Putin should roll several panzer divisions on the track to make tarmac used :D

Nicktendo86

Mclaren gathered 22 points today. Up to this race, they collected 121 points

Williams is paying the price of Felipe poor form (8th race without points, Bottas slipped only twice), another race without points for him. But still they extended their lead on 3rd place in WCC.
They need to ship Massa out, he is shit. They could probably be challenging RBR for second in the WCC if they HD a decent second driver!

McLaren are now 45 points behind Ferrari, if they keep up the recent form could beat them to fourth...

DBT85

...The Putin gif is awesome. "Why not add the world's most awkward leader into what is already one of the most hilariously awkward confined spaces in sport?" ...Though no one seemed terribly happy to see Bernie, either.

I imagine they thought turn 3 would fuck them up, but the track had so much grip that they got very little lateral scrub so the tyres lasted too long.

Tilke for all his faults, only designs the layout and the camber and stuff, he doesn't lay the surface.

Jensen is so out of McLaren. Go to Williams and replace Massa.

hadareud

The Translator
I think the main reason why this trace felt so boring is that the season has been fantastic so far. We used to have races like today all the time and there wasn't much moaning.

In some seasons we had more than ten of them. There was a time where you could switch off the tv after the start.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Every driver who won 4 in a row won the title. He's done it twice this year.

C'mon Lewis!

Toto really is a huge bloke and has the voice to match.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Nobody that has won four GP in a row twice in a season has ever won the title

/madeupstats

THREE weeks until Austin? fuck this shit man. I hate three week gaps.
Probably not going to be a terribly exciting race, either. It reeks of Mercedes disappearing off toward the horizon. I know the Williams has gotten better but this ended up being a quite low downforce track. First half of the lap in Austin is extremely technical.

And, until then, back to the real world... *changes channel* ...Yay, more ebola coverage! *passes out*

Top Bottom