• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Elderly F1 fan poses in special Mercedes AMG t-shirt

eWTke2E.jpg

King Eric:

Drivers are obviously very important in the discussion, and Jenson is more than considered to stay with us for the long term. But we are still investigating what we want to do with our driver line-up, once we have all the data in our hands.

No mention of Magnussen...

Button and Alonso it is then, both will be offered 2 year deals with options, Magnussen to Sauber or Force India.

Ronbo please!

Button and Alonso have got a good 3-4 years left in them, losing Button for Magnussen right now would just be absurd. McLaren can't be that stupid, surely?

Just look at the last stint in Sochi, Button was more than half a second a lap faster when both were in clear air, I'd love to know the average gappage per lap in race pace Melbourne <> Sochi? If it tallies up to the Sochi numbers Magnussen doesn't deserve to continue as a McLaren driver. If they're basing their decision on data obtained over the season then he's 99.9% toast?

Just read that he doesn't want to go to a lesser team if he's out of McLaren - so maybe his F1 career is done.

THE STTTTTOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!! is the future of McLaren.

andshrew

Can't wait for the Alonso meltdown when Button is faster than him, and Ferrari deliver Vettel a race winning car.

lol

But in seriousness disappointing for KMag if he's out of McLaren after only a year.

John_B

Button and Alonso have got a good 3-4 years left in them, losing Button for Magnussen right now would just be absurd. McLaren can't be that stupid, surely?

Just look at the last stint in Sochi, Button was more than half a second a lap faster when both were in clear air, I'd love to know the average gappage per lap in race pace Melbourne <> Sochi? If it tallies up to the Sochi numbers Magnussen doesn't deserve to continue as a McLaren driver. If they're basing their decision on data obtained over the season then he's 99.9% toast?

Just read that he doesn't want to go to a lesser team if he's out of McLaren - so maybe his F1 career is done.

THE STTTTTOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!! is the future of McLaren.
Magnussen was clearly faster on saturday in Sochi. He would likely have qualified ahead (for the 5th time in a row) had it not been for a problem with fuel pressure. Magnussen went from 11th to 5th and spend his last stint cruising for fuel saving.

Would Vandoorne have done any better than Magnussen this season? In the first half McLaren arguably had the weakest chassis out of the top five teams, and given the amount of talent and experience in the top 10, it has not been an easy job for Magnussen to fight for positions.

Kvyat has has received lots of praise on the other hand. Honestly though, Toro Rosso sits waiting to pick up top 10 positions from drivers that stumbles, all while having no competition from behind. It's a perfect seat for a rookie.

I still believe Button, though one of the slower top drivers, belongs in one of the top five teams. Though if McLaren has Alonso, I don't see any need at all for Button there. Second fiddle points bagger, please let Alonso through if you are holding him up. Magnussen on the other hand is cheap and has potential if he can convert his qualification pace into race pace.

According to reports. Kimi has raised his voice in a meeting with Mattiachi saying he's giving 110% but not getting back the same from the team.

Mattiachi ordered to give Kimi a new chassis for Austin.

Also, Redbull stops Vettel from testing for Ferrari in Abu Dhabi and holding him to his contract that lasts for 5 days after Abu Dhabi race

DBT85

Adam Cooper &#8207;@adamcooperF1
RBR announces that Russian forex trader Exness is joining as a major partner in 2015. Will more rubles follow Kvyat to Milton Keynes?

Good, they can continue not spending that money on engine development
KuGsj.gif

According to reports. Kimi has raised his voice in a meeting with Mattiachi saying he's giving 110% but not getting back the same from the team.

Also, Redbull stops Vettel from testing for Ferrari in Abu Dhabi and holding him to his contract that lasts for 5 days after Abu Dhabi race

Yeah source it Italy's Omnicourse, so no British conspiracy.

Elsewhere, Gazetta is reporting that Mercedes spent &#8364;406 million for this new era, &#8364;168 million for the engine, er power unit alone.

Looks cheap when you consider how dominant they are.

If 2014 is Kimi giving 110%, I wonder what he was giving back in his McLaren days...

dubc35

92G? Surprised he lived through that.

F1 2014 is out next week, anyone grabbing it? It's last gen and I'm sure there will be a game ruining bug that will never get patched but hey, so it goes with CodeInterns.

Hasney

Eurogamer on F1 2014:

F1 2014's a strange game, then, and one I can't even accuse of being just a casual reskin. It's a quantifiable step back for the series, saved only by the fact that what's there remains a satisfactory companion piece to this year's season if you're fortunate enough to have a decent steering wheel. There is at least one other new layer of authenticity for this year's game, though; charging full whack for what amounts to a slight downgrade is the kind of one-sided deal that would do even Bernie proud.

Amazing. They made it worse.

Razgreez

92G? Surprised he lived through that.

F1 2014 is out next week, anyone grabbing it? It's last gen and I'm sure there will be a game ruining bug that will never get patched but hey, so it goes with CodeInterns.

People do not seem to grasp the severity of the situation though. Most people who suffer the same sort of injury never actually recover and remain in a vegetative state for the rest of their lives

dubc35

I just poste a review thread for F1 2014 you might wanna wait for the current gen version. This game seems not worth getting at all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134435636#post134435636
Thanks. So it's utter shit then I guess.

People do not seem to grasp the severity of the situation though. Most people who suffer the same sort of injury never actually recover and remain in a vegetative state for the rest of their lives
Some do, some don't. I'm surprised he has stayed alive this long.

NHale

If CM give me a copy I will put up an extravagant OT.

Beware of that offer because then they might force you to post on the OT everytime a new patch or DLC is released too.

Wait there are not going to be any patch or DLC for this game this year, so you're safe.

NHale

I wonder if we'll even get an Alonso announcement before the end of the season.

According to Spanish BFF media members, one of conditions for the "free" release Ferrari gave him was that he wasn't allowed to make any announcement before Ferrari does theirs. They want to control the narrative not Alonso.

Ferrari driver announcement was scheduled for October 13th but it was put in hold because of the Jules Bianchi accident. They don't feel like it's time to announce Vettel when someone from their family is on a hospital fighting for his life. Even worse is that pre-Suzuka it was rumored that Bianchi would be the 2nd part of the announcement.

If the rumors end up being confirmed like Kubica's rumors were a couple of years later then in the last 5 years, this is the 2nd driver Ferrari had planned to hire and couldn't due to unfortunate situations.

Ark

I still don't understand what this "obvious" choice is that Fernando keeps talking about.

I imagine it isn't McLaren, because if it was we'd already know 100%. So I'm going long and calling a Mercedes 2016 contract for Alonso.

I still don't understand what this "obvious" choice is that Fernando keeps talking about.

I imagine it isn't McLaren, because if it was we'd already know 100%. So I'm going long and calling a Mercedes 2016 contract for Alonso.

But then who leaves at Mercedes? Lewis? I just don't get it, especially with Wolff and Lauda's recent comments about Lewis having first dibs at the seat for 2016 onwards and the fact that an extension was near agreed status (i.e., agreed verbally but not signed)

I think that just speaks to the very plausible rumor that Alonso is contractually obligated to let Ferrari make their own driver lineup announcement before he's allowed to make his own. McLaren was always the obvious option.

As far as Mercedes, I think that was certainly a possibility, but that's more in the hands of Lewis. If he was losing to his teammate right now, he wouldn't have the team support nor the leverage to ask for the money he's looking for. Remember, Mercedes had been talking pay cut for him, and you know that wasn't going to fly. They'll pay him if he wins however, and that's exactly what he's been doing. Essentially squashing the idea that he might leave, closing the door on a potential open Merc seat.

Juicy Bob

Everything about the F1 2014 game suggests to me that they are focusing on next year's current-gen launch but were forced to release a full game this year rather than just DLC in order to meet their license requirements.

Given that they've been using a modified version of the GRID engine to power their games, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with new hardware and a purpose-built game engine.

Shaneus

Everything about the F1 2014 game suggests to me that they are focusing on next year's current-gen launch but were forced to release a full game this year rather than just DLC in order to meet their license requirements.

Given that they've been using a modified version of the GRID engine to power their games, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with new hardware and a purpose-built game engine.
Reckon it'll be purpose built for F1 though, or just a modified version of whatever their next-gen jack of all trades engine?

While Milestone lost the WRC license, it's a shame Codies held onto the F1 version. The PS3 F1 game is far more fun and complete than any of the Codies ones IMO.

Ark

But then who leaves at Mercedes? Lewis? I just don't get it, especially with Wolff and Lauda's recent comments about Lewis having first dibs at the seat for 2016 onwards and the fact that an extension was near agreed status (i.e., agreed verbally but not signed)

I have no idea. Part of me really wants Hamilton and Alonso in the same team again ;)

I think that just speaks to the very plausible rumor that Alonso is contractually obligated to let Ferrari make their own driver lineup announcement before he's allowed to make his own. McLaren was always the obvious option.

As far as Mercedes, I think that was certainly a possibility, but that's more in the hands of Lewis. If he was losing to his teammate right now, he wouldn't have the team support nor the leverage to ask for the money he's looking for. Remember, Mercedes had been talking pay cut for him, and you know that wasn't going to fly. They'll pay him if he wins however, and that's exactly what he's been doing. Essentially squashing the idea that he might leave, closing the door on a potential open Merc seat.

Yeah I think you're right. It seems that we're all expecting him to sign a new multi-year contract once the title battle is over.

Top Bottom