• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Hasney

Seriously, this looks like a USA Monaco with how tight it is. Let's go JEV!

EDIT: Is this track in GRID? I feel like I know it oddly.

Great overtake by Speed. USA! USA! USA!

And Senna out. Some things just don't change.

Are there any news about bigger teams joining the series next season, once the regulations open up?

I hope they can improve the venue and everything around the GPs next year, because Formula E still seems pretty amateur. It's very unusual, when you're used to watch F1.

I hope they can improve the venue and everything around the GPs next year, because Formula E still seems pretty amateur. It's very unusual, when you're used to watch F1.

I'm sure they will. Probably for year one, they didn't want to run up costs and have an awful turnout. Things will improve over time, me thinks.

Everything looks amateur next to F1. Last year I watched a whole Indycar season for the first time and I was amazed to see the cars sitting in the paddock under those folding awnings. Looked like a club event instead of a major national championship.

Zeknurn

A solid race and a lot less random compared to Buenos Aires, no doubt thanks to them improving the suspension of the cars.

I'm sure they will. Probably for year one, they didn't want to run up costs and have an awful turnout. Things will improve over time, me thinks.

Yeah, lets not turn the ticket prices into the abomination that is F1. As long as the racing is good, the cars looks nice and they are progressing well technologically, who cares about everything around it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nicolas is looking just like his father :D

Didn't know that Abt is family driven team.Heard for them in DTM, but looks like they are doing good in Formula E.
Berlin's race will be held on Tempelhof Airport and Moscow race will run over Red Square

Formula one race in less than 8 hours . Alarm clock is set on 5:55 :p

I'm seeing Vettel standing on the podium tomorrow. Is he really going to sweep up the Mercedes misses this season? I'm not sure I can allow myself to appreciate a Vettel win just yet.

While I stopped rooting for German Jesus the past couple of seasons, it will be a special moment seeing him on a podium at Monza, let alone win the race.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They want to race in major city centers but still have limited disruption, which is why they need to build up quickly, do all the racing in one day, and break down quickly. The city center thing does limit your track options unfortunately. The London track might be very interesting though because it takes place in a park with lots of trees - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZM0zriMCc

hadareud

The Translator
Not sure why everyone thinks that Ferrari are particularly impressive. Should have been row three and I don't think Red Bull will be as slow again.

Sure, they are better than last season, but that's not much of an achievement.

I also still think that McLaren won't be anywhere near as bad as everyone thinks they are in a few races time.

Pimpwerx

Very strange event (Formula E Miami). I hope my first F1 race in Malaysia isn't like this.

1. Sight lines from row 2 on the stsrty/finish straight were appalling. I watched from the top row of the grandstands instead. There are trees lining the straights, so you couldn't see shit.

2. The track is super Mickey Mouse. It was shoehorned into the street plan and it shows. It needs a new layout, or never run the event again. Can't see squat, and the racing action was castrated by how tight the circuit was.

3. The viewing experience in person needs to improve immensely. Besides the poor sight lines, the amenities were lacking. I spent all my money a block away from my seats on a bootleg beer vendor because I don't think they were selling beer at the event. The main straight has bars and restaurants lining it, so some of the stores were selling beers to us illegally. I totally appreciated it. I didn't spend a dime on official vendors...all 4 food trucks that were here. Is this seriously an international event?

4. The VIP grandstands on the back of a yacht were pretty cool. I didn't go check it out in person, but the view seems like it was nice. It gave the event the slightest hint of Monaco feel. Only so slight though. There could've been more, but the promoters dropped the ball. I hope next year is better. PEACE.

Seems like I misunderstood the regulations for the next Formula E season. I thought they'd be fully opened up, but it's limited to the internals so far (e-motor, inverter, gearbox and cooling system). Everyone also gets the same chassis again (no aero development), which is a bit sad, but understandable (keeping costs down). For season three, they want to open up the development on the batteries, hoping that manufacturers can develop them far enough to ditch the car switching by season five (2018/2019?). The current batteries are supplied by Williams. They've still a long, long road ahead.

The number of constructors is also going down for the next season, from 10 to 8.

- ABT Sportsline
- Andretti
- Mahindra
- Motomatica (formerly Trulli)
- NEXTEV TCR (formerly China Racing)
- Renault Sport (formerly e.dams Renault)
- Venturi Automobiles
- Virgin Racing Engineering

Which means Amlin Aguri (JP) and Dragon Racing (US) are out as constructors, but can still get their parts from other constructors or keep using the current ones. Renault seem to take over the e.dams team from Prost.

DJ88

Very strange event (Formula E Miami). I hope my first F1 race in Malaysia isn't like this.

1. Sight lines from row 2 on the stsrty/finish straight were appalling. I watched from the top row of the grandstands instead. There are trees lining the straights, so you couldn't see shit.

2. The track is super Mickey Mouse. It was shoehorned into the street plan and it shows. It needs a new layout, or never run the event again. Can't see squat, and the racing action was castrated by how tight the circuit was.

3. The viewing experience in person needs to improve immensely. Besides the poor sight lines, the amenities were lacking. I spent all my money a block away from my seats on a bootleg beer vendor because I don't think they were selling beer at the event. The main straight has bars and restaurants lining it, so some of the stores were selling beers to us illegally. I totally appreciated it. I didn't spend a dime on official vendors...all 4 food trucks that were here. Is this seriously an international event?

4. The VIP grandstands on the back of a yacht were pretty cool. I didn't go check it out in person, but the view seems like it was nice. It gave the event the slightest hint of Monaco feel. Only so slight though. There could've been more, but the promoters dropped the ball. I hope next year is better. PEACE.

Yeah you could definitely tell the layout and the quality of the event wasn't too great, but it was still fucking awesome to see Formula race cars flying through the streets of downtown. I give it a pass since it was the first year, hopefully next years is improved. Sorry your viewing experience was a little rough. I found a spot right under the 395 which had a great view of the cars and I had a pretty good time watching from there.

http://youtu.be/pn1rcu2gHMI

They want to race in major city centers but still have limited disruption, which is why they need to build up quickly, do all the racing in one day, and break down quickly. The city center thing does limit your track options unfortunately. The London track might be very interesting though because it takes place in a park with lots of trees - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZM0zriMCc

Berlin should be interesting, too. Templehof hasn't been an airport for a very long time. They should be able to set something nice up there.

DD

Seems like I misunderstood the regulations for the next Formula E season. I thought they'd be fully opened up, but it's limited to the internals so far (e-motor, inverter, gearbox and cooling system). Everyone also gets the same chassis again (no aero development), which is a bit sad, but understandable (keeping costs down). For season three, they want to open up the development on the batteries, hoping that manufacturers can develop them far enough to ditch the car switching by season five (2018/2019?). The current batteries are supplied by Williams. They've still a long, long road ahead.

The number of constructors is also going down for the next season, from 10 to 8.

- ABT Sportsline
- Andretti
- Mahindra
- Motomatica (formerly Trulli)
- NEXTEV TCR (formerly China Racing)
- Renault Sport (formerly e.dams Renault)
- Venturi Automobiles
- Virgin Racing Engineering

Which means Amlin Aguri (JP) and Dragon Racing (US) are out as constructors, but can still get their parts from other constructors or keep using the current ones. Renault seem to take over the e.dams team from Prost.
Eight constructors, but more teams, right?

Top Bottom