• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DD

I have a feeling that Ferrari might be ahead of Williams this year. If Williams has the best engine, and Ferrari is reaching similar times, this means that Ferrari has the best chassis, and good cars tend to waste less rubber.

Aiii

So not worth it
Way too early to tell, we know Bottas is generally quicker than Massa and he was having issues with his back that no doubt impacted his time, so it's impossible to tell if his pace is below Vettel's.

We'll see.

Not really. They were awful, really bad. The only way was up.

They finished fourth out of 11 teams. "awful, really bad" would fit Lotus last season. It might not be great by Ferrari standards, but they've been middling in the mid-field for a while now and it's exactly the reason why Alonso left the team, because they weren't going up at all. Look, I'm not saying that Ferrari have made a big step up, nor do I think they'll make it far and high tomorrow, buy saying that the only way to go was up, when McLaren placed their cars on the last row today, well, that's a bit much. I'm expecting third in the constructors this year, and only because they have a better base and might be able to out-develop Williams (who might last a lot longer this season, considering the financial boost they got from the points).

Eight constructors, but more teams, right?

Eight constructors, ten teams, if I understood that correctly. Like I said, Dragon Racing and Amlin Aguri have to buy their engine and gearbox.

Pimpwerx

Yeah you could definitely tell the layout and the quality of the event wasn't too great, but it was still fucking awesome to see Formula race cars flying through the streets of downtown. I give it a pass since it was the first year, hopefully next years is improved. Sorry your viewing experience was a little rough. I found a spot right under the 395 which had a great view of the cars and I had a pretty good time watching from there.

http://youtu.be/pn1rcu2gHMI
I give it a pass for being the first year too. That and my time was passed reminiscing with an older gentleman about open-wheel and motorcycle racing from the 80s. He and I got along great, so I had a good time. Next time I'll just to general admission and walk around for a proper vantage. PEACE.

dubc35

Well, no helmet changes means you can have a season long spotter's guide:

iZdqD6A.jpg

via: http://www.spotterguides.com/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Heading through gate 8 now.

Last year I went all 4 days with stand passes (prost)

This year just GA for today (was hung over and slept all yesterday by mistake.

Such aa strange feeling. I've only got so many hours to see every merch booth 4-5 times before I realise they don't have any 2015 gear

Road

Is there any way to see practice, qualifying and race results easily on the new amazing official site that doesn't involve me making several clicks?

I also wish for the person who decided to put the race hours all the way to the bottom that his/her work is recognized and he/she gets promptly hired to code for Manor Marussia.

hadareud

The Translator
They finished fourth out of 11 teams. "awful, really bad" would fit Lotus last season. It might not be great by Ferrari standards, but they've been middling in the mid-field for a while now and it's exactly the reason why Alonso left the team, because they weren't going up at all. Look, I'm not saying that Ferrari have made a big step up, nor do I think they'll make it far and high tomorrow, buy saying that the only way to go was up, when McLaren placed their cars on the last row today, well, that's a bit much. I'm expecting third in the constructors this year, and only because they have a better base and might be able to out-develop Williams (who might last a lot longer this season, considering the financial boost they got from the points).

I think it's fair to say that they were awful last season considering the standards they set. 4th is brilliant for Minardi, for Ferrari it's really bad. Not winning a single race is really bad for a team with the resources of Ferrari, imo.

They have the 3rd fastest car at the moment. Could be the second fastest if things go right, but they equally could be overtaken by Red Bull and be number 4 again.

To draw conclusions about how much better they are after one qualifying is premature, to say the least. So is writing off McLaren. Let's see where we are after the first few races in Europe. Australia didn't exactly give us a realistic picture of how the season would pan out last season.

The only thing that is certain is that Mercedes have the best car by some margin, again.

Williams PR regarding Bottas:

"During yesterday’s qualifying session for the Australian Grand Prix, Valtteri Bottas developed a back injury which the team felt necessary to be examined by the FIA Medical Delegate at the circuit.

Following this, he was transferred to Albert Hospital in Melbourne for further precautionary scans which revealed that Valtteri had sustained some soft tissue damage in his lower back.

He remained in hospital overnight and following a restful night is now working with a physiotherapist prior to final assessment by the FIA in the early afternoon to determine whether he will be able to race later today. The team will release a further update as information is available.
"

markao

Is there any way to see practice, qualifying and race results easily on the new amazing official site that doesn't involve me making several clicks?

I also wish for the person who decided to put the race hours all the way to the bottom that his/her work is recognized and he/she gets promptly hired to code for Manor Marussia.
Don't use that site, use official FIA one, all session info available in PDF's. (session classifications + event and timing information)

Ark

Hopefully he's fit enough to race, but Wolff driving would certainly complete a weekend of crazy headlines. Or Mercedes could through Pascal Wehrlein in there if he's hanging around.

Orbis

Hopefully he's fit enough to race, but Wolff driving would certainly complete a weekend of crazy headlines. Or Mercedes could through Pascal Wehrlein in there if he's hanging around.
I don't think anyone can replace him post-qualifying.

Also Mercedes can basically turn their engines right down today and cruise to the finish. Hopefully we see a decent
(controversial)
battle between Lewis and Nico though.

I don't think anyone can replace him post-qualifying.

Also Mercedes can basically turn their engines right down today and cruise to the finish. Hopefully we see a decent
(controversial)
battle between Lewis and Nico though.
Lol. "I'll lap the field with 60% of my power" like the car is the younger Toguro brother.

jambo

Channel 10 spoke to Williams and have said Bottas isn't ruled out yet. Still talking to the medics, so fingers crossed.

Mastah

Newey about Renault:

“We keep trying to offer help and try to be involved but there seems to be a real reluctance to engage. It’s one thing being in the position where you’re not competitive but you can see your way out of it. It’s another thing when you’re not competitive and your partner doesn’t seem to be willing to engage. I honestly don’t know the reason for it.”

“In pre-season testing, we had 12 days and a filming day in which I think we had six major failures. So our mileage was very restrictive through engine problems.”

“It’s very frustrating that we’ve been pushed into a position where we’ve got an engine which is quite a long way behind with no obvious light at the end of the tunnel with all sorts of failings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...r-Red-Bull-engine-woes-says-Adrian-Newey.html

Ouch.

Jibbed

Whoever F1 have hired to sort out their YouTube, Twitter, website etc.. they've done a decent job. Never thought I'd see the day.

Edit:

FUCK. No Bottas. Williams just confirmed. No reserve.

Is this not a good chance for Susie Wolff to get do stuff to get her Super Licence (even though I don't fully understand the rules there)?

Top Bottom