• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

yami4ct

Is this not a good chance for Susie Wolff to get do stuff to get her Super Licence (even though I don't fully understand the rules there)?

If you didn't run in qualifying, you don't get to race, so she couldn't go out today. Also, I believe you need your Super License before you could actually race, so she'd need to do some running in a lower series first.

Jibbed

Ron Dennis full-on admitting today's race is a test for McLaren-Honda and they will be "nowhere near" a competitive pace.

McLaren flat out said their engines weren't even fully tuned. They didn't want to put full pressure on their new power units in fear of blowing them on the first race. So yeah they're basically using this race as further testing.

NewDust

fffuuu.... My bank currently performs maintance which means I can't order my online viewing package... luckily I am at my parents home and they can receive RTL Germany, which sends out the live race for free.

McLaren flat out said their engines weren't even fully tuned. They didn't want to put full pressure on their new power units in fear of blowing them on the first race. So yeah they're basically using this race as further testing.
Damn. Alonso's going to be relegated to being a mobile chicane pilot when he gets back in Malaysia.

stryke

lol Formula 1 uploads a video -

Ric - "Let me give you a tour of my room"

*Goes into room and closes the door behind him*

The end.

I was so confused until I saw the description to go to their website to see the full video.

Bottas suffered an "Annular Tear," according to Claire Williams - and they currently do not want to speculate about Malaysia at the moment.

nny

US-GAF, a little help:

This is my first race since I've been in the US and I think I don't have the channel the race will be on. My local NBC affiliate will not show the race; is NBC Sports a premium channel or should it be part of a normal cable package?

Thanks!

Draconian

US-GAF, a little help:

This is my first race since I've been in the US and I think I don't have the channel the race will be on. My local NBC affiliate will not show the race; is NBC Sports a premium channel or should it be part of a normal cable package?

Thanks!

It's part of a normal cable package.

Tubie

I'm a bit new to F1, but I'll take a stab and guess that's a Hamilton-ism?
11049259_378234442358981_1343819310_n.jpg

#blessed

Fox Mulder

NBC Sports is part of my basic package with Time Warner. Might be a custom thing with my apartment complex though.

I recently got it, but prefer the sky broadcasts I watched last year already.

yami4ct

US-GAF, a little help:

Thanks!

It's not a channel normally on basic packages as far as I know, but it's in a lot of middle and upper level packages. I don't believe it's in a specific sports package from most providers. Just an upper level regular one.

EDIT:

I guess I'm wrong about not being on most basic packages. Don't think it's in my basic satellite package, but I could be wrong.

nny

Thanks; I think what I have is Time Warner (it's whatever it was on the building, so I don't have many details about the package).

I guess I'll search for it near the start, and stop when I see F1 cars ;P

Jibbed

Counting the seconds til Brundle reappears for his grid walk. Lazenby is getting worse. Borderline gibberish.

Edit: oh jeez, K-mag already out!

stryke

@andrewbensonf1 13m13 minutes ago

The grid will be closed up following Bottas's withdrawal, with every car behind him moving up a place

I'm a bit confused. I thought they usually leave the grid slot empty if the driver can't make it.

The grid will be closed up following Bottas's withdrawal, with every car behind him moving up a place

I'm a bit confused. I thought they usually leave the grid slot empty if the driver can't make it.

I think they only leave it empty if the driver will still be in the race, but in the pit lane. But I honestly don't know the rules for when a driver is pulled last minute

edit: Holy shit that engine

Razgreez

Depends when it happens

Top Bottom