• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Kinda OT but God damn when is the F1 game coming out?!

The season has started and I need my fix :/

I hope we can create an F1 GAF league in it when it comes out. Would be awesome.

LoveCake

as if mclaren has money left to have a second team or there are no costs related to maintain a team after buying it (even if the team comes for free).

They could have used money from Honda or sponsorship.

Teams can't just buy other teams and share development. The other teams would not let that happen.

If anything, it should have been Honda that should have bought a team, but I guess Honda is still traumatized from their previous F1 adventure.

Red Bull own Toro Rosso, what's the difference?

Dilly

Banned
McLaren looks nice and easy to drive so McLaren should definitely be up there once Honda fixed their dogshit power unit.

While I still think the chassis itself is quite good, every F1 car is nice and easy to drive when it's this slow.

Razgreez

McLaren looks nice and easy to drive so McLaren should definitely be up there once Honda fixed their dogshit power unit.

It's generally easier for a car to look more stable/planted when it's dog slow though. Totally different scenario when it's at the limit

Edit - Beaten above...

Fox Mulder

Kinda OT but God damn when is the F1 game coming out?!

The season has started and I need my fix :/

I hope we can create an F1 GAF league in it when it comes out. Would be awesome.

They normally come out in September/october, but codemasters said it would come out earlier in the season this year. So maybe june/july? We haven't even seen anything of it yet.

Pimpwerx

I just arrived at the ePrix. The race promoters didn't do a good job identifying entrances to the track. I walked around for a half hour before finding a will call window that wasn't insanely long. That's my fault for not printing tix, but the entrances are so obscured when approaching from anywhere that's not on Biscayne Blvd, that a lot of people are wandering aimlessly. Plus, the track area is fenced off in so many layers, it almost resembles a hedge maze.

I have seats in row 2 near the start/finish line, but sight lines are terrible. There are trees lining Biscayne that block my view. I can only see a maybe 100m stretch of the straight from there. I've opted to sit in the top row now. It's a good view of the main straight, and I can see the end of the 2nd straight and the left turn. The grandstands are really in poor positions to capture the layout of the circuit. Fortunately, the AAA big screen is right in front of me. If that's showing the race, I'll be good.

Still, it's a Mickey Mouse circuit. I thought Homestead had a road circuit in the middle of its oval that would've provided a better overall racing experience. I guess the spectacle of running downtown was too alluring. There's just not enough space. This track was shoehorned in here. But it's better than nothing. I gotta buy another beer. PEACE.

It would appear there was a lot more to the Van der Garde situation than a mere argument over a driver contract. The whispers in the paddock were that the ownership of financially troubled Sauber is at stake, and that the former Caterham, HRT and Midland boss Colin Kolles may be in the background. Things will become clearer in the next few days, it seems.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31885720

How can Colin Kolles keep showing up every time a team is in financial trouble (if there is any truth to this story)?

RoKKeR

Anyone know where to stream the race in the USA? I do not have cable TV anymore.

r/Formula1 usually posts some good stream links in their race threads. NBCSN streams online too but a cable log in is required.

Edit: Also this is hilarious in retrospect.

Pimpwerx

Looks like one of the school drivers is having a soft cry under the overpass. Mika Hakkinen must've been his idol. PEACE.

Red Bull own Toro Rosso, what's the difference?

They don't share the same resources anymore.

Damn [NSFW]:

CAEnxd0WwAACabG.jpg

malyce

Max had a moment in q3 it seems lol. $10 says if both TR finish tomorrow that he'll finish ahead of Sainz.

Merc got this locked up, the others teams should just begin work on next year's cars.

Barring any mechanical failures, Lewis is gonna straight up destroy Nico this season. Both Saturdays and Sundays. Monaco quali should be interesting lol.

LeBoef

You sure? What about when drivers get dq from quali, they are allowed to start from pit lane.

if you didnt set a qualifying time at all, they look at your practice sessions. you are allowed to start from the pits, if you have shown in these that you re fast enough.

They could have used money from Honda or sponsorship.

you seem to dont have a clue about the financial status of most f1 teams and their costs. or any f1 costs at all.
mclaren struggled to get a sponsor, so they re quite happy to be able to possibly cover their own costs at the moment.

Razgreez

Jebus rice at the number of definitive statements... People are forgetting this is Melbourne. Yes certain signs are clear and obvious but Melbourne remains notorious for being unrepresentative of a team or driver's relative performance

Heidfeld begging for Fan Boost is a bit sad to see.

Nick Heidfeld ‏@NickHeidfeld
Hope that I can get the #FanBoost again.Hope/help and vote. http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com/ should as always b exciting @FIAformulaE race#MiamiaePrix

Have to start last after penalty... #dontask just could do with some #FanBoost !!! http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com

And a voice came saying:"Smile it could come worse; and I smiled ... and it came worse" #keepurheadup #nevergiveup @FIAformulaE #MiamiaePrix

I guess they're all doing it, but he's the only one I follow. The race starts in one hour?

Dilly

Banned
you seem to dont have a clue about the financial status of most f1 teams and their costs. or any f1 costs at all.
mclaren struggled to get a sponsor, so they re quite happy to be able to possibly cover their own costs at the moment.

They are backed by Honda, they're not struggling financial wise.

It will come out in the first half of hte season, and then we will get regular updates after each race. For now we have only few leaked shots of the alpha version of the game @ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992597

Yeah but we can't give those pictures much credibility can we? After all, Button was sitting second in one of those screen grabs....

Thanks for the info, i'm hoping it releases at the end of next month at the latest. I need my fix :(

LeBoef

Not unless you're going to back that up with something.

i am not a mclaren employee, so everything i say will always be just speculation.
my reasonable suggestions for switching are:

- cost reducing + sponsorship
- getting the engine first hand, not at as a customer. especially after things changed when mercedes gp was founded.

signing alonso was surely a cash reason, dont you think so?

ps: but dont forget i was talking to the guy who said mclaren should have just bought another team and used the honda engine there as a proof of concept. as if honda is shitting money and f1 teams are cheap to maintain.

John_B

I'm seeing Vettel standing on the podium tomorrow. Is he really going to sweep up the Mercedes misses this season? I'm not sure I can allow myself to appreciate a Vettel win just yet.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I'm seeing Vettel standing on the podium tomorrow. Is he really going to sweep up the Mercedes misses this season? I'm not sure I can allow myself to appreciate a Vettel win just yet.

It will be tight between Williams and Ferrari. it is still unknown how both teams fare on longer stints, but Williams had some edge on harder compounds during winter testing

If Rosberg's qualifying deficit was just a blip and it's close between him and Hamilton, I can see Vettel winning if those two clash. And new Ferrari drivers do have a habit of winning their first race for the team. I can think of Alonso, Mansell and Raikkonen recently.

Zeknurn

It will be tight between Williams and Ferrari. it is still unknown how both teams fare on longer stints, but Williams had some edge on harder compounds during winter testing

Williams will deploy their Williams strategy and lose. Calling it.

Top Bottom