• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Feorax

Great from Vettel. For some reason, the guy is so much more likeable as a Ferrari driver.

Both Mercedes drivers did their best to blow every opportunity today.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No he did a good job. Rosberg had plenty of chances but couldn't capitalize.

His luck was that Rosberg was behind him and not Lewis. I think that Rosberg had some issues with his car - probably setup related. And I do not know what is Mercedes doing with their starts - they have serious issues at last few races with wheelspin

untitled-9p9x9s.gif

Guys, was this the best race of the season or what?

And whatever happened, I had nothing to do with it. Otherwise we would've had Kimi on P2.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vettel, Kvyat, Verstappen, McLaren, so many winners today. F1 needed a race like this, so lets count them too, and us.

EVERYONE IS A WINNER TODAY
except Mercedes lol

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Bad luck for Rosberg. Insane that Hamilton still managed to extend his championship lead.

duckroll

This is one of those races which encapsulates everything about the sport from beginning to end. Amazing start from Ferrari, tons of twists and turns along the way. Tragedy for Rosberg and Raikkonen, redemption for Hamilton. Great tribute from Vettel at the end too.

The most exciting Hungary race ever, and it'll probably stay this way for a long time. :p

yami4ct

The Mercs need to work on actual racing. They've clearly gotten way rusty. Their dominance won't last forever and they'll actually need to go wheel to wheel when Ferrari catch up and when/if the RBs get a better engine

Pterion

So happy that Hamilton came out of this with a bigger championship lead. Could have been much worse... Entertaining race for any F1 fan.

Aiii

So not worth it
Verstappen to 11th in the standings from 15th, finally putting Toro Rosso well ahead of Sauber too, deservedly.

This is one of those races which encapsulates everything about the sport from beginning to end. Amazing start from Ferrari, tons of twists and turns along the way. Tragedy for Rosberg and Raikkonen, redemption for Hamilton. Great tribute from Vettel at the end too.

The most exciting Hungary race ever, and it'll probably stay this way for a long time. :p

Jup races like this makes this sport amazing.

Ty4on

What did vettel say? I missed it!
He congratulated the team on Itallian, made a tribute to Jules in French and then summed it up in English saying the win was for him and his family and that we all knew he would have eventually been a part of Ferrari.

yami4ct

So, we see starting aid bans get stricter next race, right? Wonder if that'll make things better or worse for the Mercs? The starts are clearly a big problem right now, but maybe it'll end up hurting the others more.

I realize that Vettel is the only guy in the top 5 who actually worked properly for his position. Alonso drove fine but it's still just massively lucking out. Kvyat really didn't earn that podium though any of his own efforts and really should not be in front of Ricciardo. His 10 second penalty for the off-track pass was very lenient considering how much he benefited from it.

Don't know what to think of Hamilton extending his lead but Nico drove like such shit the first two stints. Then, after finally getting on top of things, breaks Ricciardo's front wing like a dumbass. It's Lewis' own fault he went off on the first lap but he drove like mad after that... but then hacked up Ricciardo? Out of character for him. Man, what a weird race. And HONDA DOUBLE POINTS FINISH! THE HELL IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?

Was expecting the most boring race of the year. Oops.

Maybe I missed it but why did Rosberg not switch to the options for the last stint? Looking at the time difference I would have thought it would have been an easy victory if he made that decision.

mercy starts are totally fucked right now, and their mid pack race pace isn't really great either. possible cloudy days ahead. but super gutsy and lucky for hamilton today despite everything, magically extending his lead somehow.

Cuddler

I realize that Vettel is the only guy in the top 5 who actually worked properly for his position. Alonso drove fine but it's still just massively lucking out. Kvyat really didn't earn that podium though any of his own efforts and really should not be in front of Ricciardo. His 10 second penalty for the off-track pass was very lenient considering how much he benefited from it.
Not really, Hamilton car was already damaged.

What a race... still can't believe that Lewis still managed to extend his lead despite everything's that's happened. 4 points, too.

Mercedes needs to fix their starts pronto. Presumably, the rule change from next race will probably level the playing field.

Kvyat only getting 10 seconds penalty is ridiculous. Lewis got 20 or 25 seconds at Spa 2008 for the same offense.

Lewis could have definitely extended his lead even more if he had a good start; he easily had a 0.5s on Rosberg all race and Rosberg would have likely finished off the podium.

Aiii

So not worth it

Verstappen started ninth, had a bad start and dropped to 12th (might have been 13th, not sure), made his way back up, ate a drive through and still finished fourth.

Give the kid some credit.

malyce

The Mercs need to work on actual racing. They've clearly gotten way rusty. Their dominance won't last forever and they'll actually need to go wheel to wheel when Ferrari catch up and when/if the RBs get a better engine

Merc pit wall is trash. The car flatters them greatly. If they had a red bull-esque advantage they'd lose a lot more races.

Something something Sainz is better than Max lol.

#TeamStappen

Top Bottom