• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

yami4ct

Nico looks like a broken man.

I feel really bad for him. He cracked and probably deserved to lose a place or two, but that puncture was just dumb bad luck. Had he been hit at any other angle, he probably would've been able to keep racing. Didn't one of the Mercs have a similar situation last season?

Normally I'd be super salty about the Massa screwup and Bottas puncture, but the rest of the race was so good that I can forgive that.

malyce

Ham/Vet suffers from the same problem as Ham/Alonso. They barely race against each others because the pace gap between the cars is normally way too big.

It's quite jarring.

Yeah, that's why I said in terms of stats. Our best chance is Ferrari and McHonda bringing the heat in 2017, then we could watch 3 of the greatest drivers of this era go at it. One can dream right :( because is no way we're gonna see any of those 3 on the same team.
I feel really bad for him. He cracked and probably deserved to lose a place or two, but that puncture was just dumb bad luck. Had he been hit at any other angle, he probably would've been able to keep racing. Didn't one of the Mercs have a similar situation last season?

Normally I'd be super salty about the Massa screwup and Bottas puncture, but the rest of the race was so good that I can forgive that.

Karma for Spa last year :)

Rosberg's puncture was his own fault. Greed for shutting the door on RIC too quickly.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rosberg's puncture was his own fault. Greed for shutting the door on RIC too quickly.

Exactly. He should stay on the inner side in that corner, but he drifted right in front of RIC. And we should not forget, RIC had option tyres on his car and he would chase down VET

Yeah, that's why I said in terms of stats. Our best chance is Ferrari and McHonda bringing the heat in 2017, then we could watch 3 of the greatest drivers of this era go at it. One can dream right :( because is no way we're gonna see any of those 3 on the same team.

Karma for Spa last year :)

You mean except for the time when Hamilton and Alonso were on the same team. Right? Haha.

Business

Very entertaining race. Both Verstappen and Alonso did as good as it was possible given the circumstances. Can add Vettel to that but his only job after turn 2 was not screwing up. Ricciardo was fantastic, a shame for him in the end. Both Mercedes drivers sucked hard at close quarters, they are lucky to have such a beast of a car and not have to mess with the field often.

yami4ct

just admitting he was awful and didn't really deserve points. no excuses.

Glad to see him quickly realized what happened once he cooled off. Now if he can only stay cool during the actual race.

That's racing though. Like the puncture he gave Lewis last year at Spa, except that Lewis lost the win and did not score any point...

Yeah. That's racing. Sometimes you just get the short end of the stick. Still feel a bit bad for the guy.

Best

Exactly. He should stay on the inner side in that corner, but he drifted right in front of RIC. And we should not forget, RIC had option tyres on his car and he would chase down VET

Rosberg has every right to move across. Ricciardo had no claim on that line and should have taken better action to avoid. Not to say Rosberg couldn't have avoided Ricciardo, but Rosberg's got the corner and line so the onus isn't on him.

hamchan

Rosberg has every right to move across. Ricciardo had no claim on that line and should have taken better action to avoid. Not to say Rosberg couldn't have avoided Ricciardo, but Rosberg's got the corner and line so the onus isn't on him.

Please, Rosberg clearly just misjudged slotting back in front of Ricciardo. It was a racing incident either way.

Also just rewatched Ricciardo getting hit by Hamilton. Wow that was a terrible move from Hamilton.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Agree. While I consider this a racing accident, the responsibility for it is more on Ricciardo. He dived past Rosberg and away from the racing line, and he was well behind, so he should have backed off when coming back. All Rosberg did was taking the normal line.

Please, Rosberg clearly just misjudged slotting back in front of Ricciardo. It was a racing incident either way.

Also just rewatched Ricciardo getting hit by Hamilton. Wow that was a terrible move from Hamilton.

Hamilton just understeered into Ricciardo due to cold tyres. Ultimately, Lewis's mistake was to attack Rosberg from the last corner losing out on the exit and allowing Ricciardo to get the tow down the start/finish line. That would not have happened had Lewis bided his time (once again) and passed Rosberg down the main straight.

Azzawon

That race was fantastic, you could definitely see Hamilton was extremely frustrated from the get-go.

The race could've been very different if Rosberg wasn't being his usual whiney self and decided to go with the faster tyre instead of copying Hamilton.

Well done to Vettel though, didn't put a wheel wrong all race. Well deserved, and a fitting tribute to Bianchi.

herod

We know this is wrong because the stewards said so.

That race was fantastic, you could definitely see Hamilton was extremely frustrated from the get-go.

The race could've been very different if Rosberg wasn't being his usual whiney self and decided to go with the faster tyre instead of copying Hamilton.

Well done to Vettel though, didn't put a wheel wrong all race. Well deserved, and a fitting tribute to Bianchi.

Apparently the team made the decision for Rosberg.

"Mercedes say that they chose to put Rosberg on the primes instead of options because it was right on the limit for the option tyres"

DrM

Redmond's Baby

"Mercedes say that they chose to put Rosberg on the primes instead of options because it was right on the limit for the option tyres"
So we can tick a mark at 'People without balls on Mercedes pit wall'

markao

yet Hamilton entered that corner at a much lower pace than when Danny divebombed Nico :p

Agree with the guys above, you cannot divebomb like Danny did (30/40 Meters??) and expect the guy in front of you to be the one trying to take even more avoidable action than Nico already did, however still avoidable if smarter. Cannot remember anyone divebombing someone like that since JV at Indy, or was that Montoya (?).

Grid getting mixed up, with some safety-car and different tires leads to fun race, was great to watch and nice to see Ferrari picking up the win in this weekend (Jules). Red Bull top, Merceds/Rosberg unbelievable (tire choice last stint), Lewis f&^&%îng up and getting away with it and our boy Max picking up the pieces with a 4th!

My prediction, like most probably, was sooooo wrong :p and let's hope we get some rain in Spa.

What did he say? All streams are dead for me.

Do you use a PC or laptop to watch the streams? Are you able to install software on it?

Install VLC.

Install livestreamer. http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html

Open command prompt.

Paste livestreamer "hds://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifests/hds/pc/llnw/bbc_one_hd.f4m" best

That should open BBC 1 HD in vlc, I've been using that for the BBC races along my usual streams. You can also download the stream at the same time by just clicking the record button in vlc.

vlc-record-2015-07-264mofz.png

Button was rumored to join Williams next year? But McLaren won't let him go, as they have the option. Just heard that from Ted Kravitz.

Also. Kyvat and Hamilton get a two point penalty, Verstappen gets 3 points on his license.

Do you use a PC or laptop to watch the streams? Are you able to install software on it?

Install VLC.

Install livestreamer. http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html

Open command prompt.

Paste livestreamer "hds://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifests/hds/pc/llnw/bbc_one_hd.f4m" best

That should open BBC 1 HD in vlc, I've been using that for the BBC races along my usual streams. You can also download the stream at the same time by just clicking the record button in vlc.

Thank you very, very much! Hola is so unreliable for me, even in Chrome.

e: Doesn't seem to work for me. Get a "400 client error".

yami4ct

Button was rumored to join Williams next year? Just heard that from Ted Kravitz.

Rumor popped up as soon as Sauber resigned Nasr. Doubt it has merit, but it would be interesting. Having two, twilight of their career drivers with inflated salaries because of that seems like a bad move for a mid card team like them, even if I like the romanticism of a Button return. They'd probably be better served with a talented young driver they can develop with the team. Nasr would've been the perfect candidate.

Azzawon

It still seemed odd to me that they made that decision, I recall Rosberg saying on the radio that he wanted to copy Lewis' tyres for the 2nd stop and Tony Ross replied saying that the pit wall unanimously disagreed with him. I guess they soon changed their minds.
Rumor popped up as soon as Sauber resigned Nasr. Doubt it has merit, but it would be interesting. Having two, twilight of their career drivers with inflated salaries because of that seems like a bad move for a mid card team like them, even if I like the romanticism of a Button return. They'd probably be better served with a talented young driver they can develop with the team. Nasr would've been the perfect candidate.
I think Alex Lynn has proved his worth this weekend, would be great to see some GP2 drivers making their way onto the grid. Palmer in for Maldonado at Lotus is a no-brainer when the guy can't put a clean race together if his life depended on it.

Maybe I'm just dead inside and heartless but I find the constant prompts by reporters for comments about Bianchi disrespectful and shallow.

Azzawon

Maybe I'm just dead inside and heartless but I find the constant prompts by reporters for comments about Bianchi disrespectful and shallow.

I'd actually agree with you. Fair play to the teams and drivers for showing respect for him, but I couldn't help but cringe at the end of the race when David Croft just had to make a few comments on it, and at other opportunities in the race.

Holy shit what a race. When I booked Hungary I was expecting it to be shit unless we had rain... wow was I wrong. I'm currently in an hour long line waiting for a taxi (they're handling it amazingly) and I'm still beaming. :D

Only negative was that a few stands were half empty, but the atmosphere was excellent. Plus its easily there best track I've been to for food choice and facilities, which is a big win!

Laughing my arse off at Rosberg. For Hamilton to have a day like that and still finish behind him. :D

Seb drove like a beast. Great support for him here too. Shame we couldn't hear the interviews.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, wonderboy Verstappen's 4th place this race is the best Toro Rosso result since Vettel's 4th place in Brazil 2008.

tomtom94

So, wonderboy Verstappen's 4th place this race is the best Toro Rosso result since Vettel's 4th place in Brazil 2008.

It's also the best ever result for Toro Rosso in a race with no rain. (Admittedly Vettel at Monza 2008 is still more impressive)

John_B

Vettel at 160 points is pretty close to Rosberg at 181 points.

This was the most intense and crazy race I have seen in a while. It felt like a cardio workout just watching it.

I was rooting Ricciardo for the win. Had he gotten clean past Rosberg he would have done Vettel in the same. It's satisfying to see him drive, I sincerely hope he will be in the championship mix next season.

Mercedes looked shit on all fronts. I was just waiting for that start to happen like last race. Hamilton angry is a unique spectacle of self-destruction. I was waiting for a DNF to happen. Rosberg looked so weak in pace it almost seemed appropriate for him to not come stumbling across the championship lead.

Top Bottom