• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Maybe I missed it but why did Rosberg not switch to the options for the last stint? Looking at the time difference I would have thought it would have been an easy victory if he made that decision.

I think he wasn't happy with the options.

And with the 4 cars around him at the time being on the Primes I think he felt he would be at a risk if he used the options and they then dropped off.

Basically he dun goofed and was wayyyyy to conservative.

Ty4on

Maybe I missed it but why did Rosberg not switch to the options for the last stint? Looking at the time difference I would have thought it would have been an easy victory if he made that decision.

He was hinting in the last radio message I heard that he wanted to make the last stint on prime like the rest of the pack and the team really wanted to reply "negative".

Great race.

Bad luck for Kimi, as usual. Last race for this guy with no issues was Spain 2008. By now his fans should be used to it..

We're absolutely not T_T .. KIMI WILL WIN SPAAAAA

untitled-11p4kp7.gif

yami4ct

Merc pit wall is trash. The car flatters them greatly. If they had a red bull-esque advantage they'd lose a lot more

Certainly. Whenever the pit wall has to make a real, race deciding strategy move, they are quite likely to screw it up. Both drivers also seem to have issues cracking when under real wheel to wheel race pressure on as well.

spuckthew

I was gonna say that Hamilton was both the unluckiest and luckiest driver in equal measure today; but he wasn't so much 'unlucky' as he was just being an idiot, so he was pretty damn lucky. Not that I mind because I'm a Hamilton fan, but he had enough pace to win if not for some braindead driving.

FtHTiny

What everyone kinda seems to forget is that the safety car came in without having all cars behind it. So the cars behind red bull should have been way closer and could have maybe been on the podium. It was strange that RIC could pit and still come out third without any trouble like that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
mercy starts are totally fucked right now, and their mid pack race pace isn't really great either. possible cloudy days ahead. but super gutsy and lucky for hamilton today despite everything, magically extending his lead somehow.

Well, their starts are not good (maybe they are already testing new rules for the remainder of the season?), but on non-specific race tracks they are still quite ahead - Hungaroring is more like Monaco. Main problem is, as malyce said, people on their pitwall. As SunhiLegend pointed out, why they didn't put Rosberg on options ....

Verstappen started ninth, had a bad start and dropped to 12th (might have been 13th, not sure), made his way back up, ate a drive through and still finished fourth.

Give the kid some credit.
Fair enough. I honestly hadn't realized he'd even slotted in there, lol. Very well-earned, then.

Aiii

So not worth it
I will never like Kai Ebel.

I'm surprised he even knows the non-German drivers by name, you wouldn't know if you ever listened to German commentary.

yami4ct

Vettel seems like such a cool guy. I wasn't there for his years of dominance, so I couldn't get tired of him. I can't help but like the guy.

Well, their starts are not good (maybe they are already testing new rules for the remainder of the season?), but on non-specific race tracks they are still quite ahead - Hungaroring is more like Monaco. Main problem is, as malyce said, people on their pitwall. As SunhiLegend pointed out, why they didn't put Rosberg on options ....

Rosberg had no pace regardless... he could not even pass Grosjean on near-brand new options at the end. Only Lewis had the pace to win this race, it seems.

yami4ct

I think he got four. So many infact that he'll be starting in Hungry next race.

It's funny. For once, I was so focused on the front that I can't remember even seeing Pastor more than once or twice. Dude was like a ghost mystically picking penalties off the track

malyce

I was gonna say that Hamilton was both the unluckiest and luckiest driver in equal measure today; but he wasn't so much 'unlucky' as he was just being an idiot, so he was pretty damn lucky. Not that I mind because I'm a Hamilton fan, but he had enough pace to win if not for some braindead driving.

Truth be told, even without the incident after the restart there was no way either Merc was getting past that Ferrari. Merc sucks too much in dirty air, it's more likely that Ham and Nico would have taken each other out.

Grats to Vettel. Drove a a brilliant race, ended up matching Senna before Hamilton.

Ham/Vet will go down as the Prost/Senna of this gen in terms of stats.

A month til the next race...

What are we going to do D:

Well, summer break. Time for the silly season to kick in with full force.

e: We're going to have at least 5 confirmations for 3 drivers to change teams. Red Bull is going to buy Ferrari and Mercedes engines for one car each. James Allison is going to get fired. Twice. Alonso is going to leave F1 for GP2. Stuff like that.

Fisico

Well in any case it looks like Sauber will finish 9th at constructor ranking, I can see McLaren racking up the few points left to pass them before the end of the season, and I can barely even imagine Sauber scoring a point anymore (I mean today was the perfect opportunity, McLaren got 12pts and Sauber 1pt lol)

Truth be told, even without the incident after the restart they was no way either Merc was getting past that Ferrari. Merc sucks too much in dirty air, it's more likely that Ham and Nico would have take each other out.

Grats to Vettel. Drove a a brilliant race, ended up matching Senna before Hamilton.

Ham/Vet will go down as the Prost/Senna of this gen in terms of stats.

Ham/Vet suffers from the same problem as Ham/Alonso. They barely race against each others because the pace gap between the cars is normally way too big.

It's quite jarring.

Fennec

It was just one sentence, but the pronunciation was very very good.

Like most F1 drivers, he probably lives in Monaco or in Switzerland. He has, at least, basic knowledge of French.

mais bon, cocorico, ça fait toujours plaisir d'entendre quelqu'un comme lui prononcer quelques mots de Français :D

Top Bottom