• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Dilly

Banned
So WEC is 6 seconds off a F1 car on a power circuit (Free pratice times)? Pretty amazing.

Fastest WEC went 1.54 in qualifying.

Honda underestimated the task of creating a winning F1 engine, they came too soon and they are too stubborn thinking it can be a testbed for their road cars, not to mention everything is done in Japan, so it makes it more dificult to recruit experienced personnel.

They don't even want to.

But Arai insists he has no intention of looking elsewhere for new staff to give Honda a helping hand.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT, Arai said: "It is a wonderful idea, but I think it would be very difficult to sign an engineer from Ferrari or Mercedes or wherever.

"For example, it would be difficult for them to work with us as the culture is quite different, the equipment, the simulation, everything.

"So they could be highly skilled, but it would take too long for them to learn how we operate.

"Also, we as Honda want our employees to work together with us for a long time, so when someone comes along for six months and then leaves, it is very difficult. It's not how we work."

Congrats, Germany. You got another two years of free F1!

"Formula 1 will remain on free-to-air television in Germany until at least the end of 2017 after broadcaster RTL penned a new two-year deal with the sport.

In other countries, such as Britain and Italy, parts of Formula 1's coverage are no longer on free-to-air TV, with fans having to pay for a subscription to watch the action.

At the Belgian Grand Prix, senior figures from RTL met with Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and Germany's representatives on the grid to announce a two-year extension to their current deal."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/329178/f1-remains-on-free-to-air-tv-in-germany/

Lach

Good for Germany. Hope SRF (Switzerland) will be able to find a deal as well. Don't think our local pay tv providers are interested enough to buy F1 exlusivity.

BBC commentator just said that Sauber runs on Ferrari 2015 engines for the first time and have been on 2014 engines until now. That can't be right?
Any way I hope the improvement we see atm is real and they can catch up with FI, Lotus and TR again for a nice midfield constructors battle...

Good for Germany. Hope SRF (Switzerland) will be able to find a deal as well. Don't think our local pay tv providers are interested enough to buy F1 exlusivity.

BBC commentator just said that Sauber runs on Ferrari 2015 engines for the first time and have been on 2014 engines until now. That can't be right?
Any way I hope the improvement we see atm is real and they can catch up with FI, Lotus and TR again for a nice midfield constructors battle...

Manor.

Aiii

So not worth it
That makes sense. Pretty sure he said Sauber though as it was in reaction of them going into 2nd and 3rd....

They meant Sauber, but misunderstood what happened. Sauber is now running the same upgrades Ferrari has been using since Canada.

DD

Sauber was using the 2015 spec, but without the mid-season improvements. This is the first time they are using the new version of the engine. Ferrari is claiming that they (Sauber) will be around 0,4s faster in Spa with this new engine.

On the aero package Sauber was plaining for Spa (their first aero upgrade this year) they decided to postpone it to Singapore.

And there it is, as expected.

GCPccxI.jpg

Mastah

Pastor crashed because he was very:

"I just lost the car in the middle of the corner and when I took the kerb it was very slippery and I completely left the track," he said.

"I nearly saved the car, but it's an area which is very, very narrow - not enough space - and I touched the barrier.

"It was very unlucky because I nearly saved the car. But anyway, it happened.

"This track is always very difficult when you have a moment or whatever, especially at that point where the second sector is quite narrow.

"But this can happen. Now we can't change that. We need to look forward."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120401

VERY.

Zeknurn

So exactly the same restrictions like last 2 years. Okay.

The restrictions that were introduced because the very same team were doing things to the tyres that they shouldn't have.

And yeah..
@NobleF1: Pirelli investigations to continue tonight but it is understood structural failure has been ruled out in Rosberg incident
@NobleF1: Pirelli is still trying to discover what external factor led to the Rosberg failure. Could be kerb or debris.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Or Mercedes doing some mumbo-jumbo with pressure...

I think that they have such advantage that they are messing around a bit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Button leaving would be the best thing. Stoffel needs that seat next year, there are no two ways about it, Button has to make room.

Risgroo

Button leaving would be the best thing. Stoffel needs that seat next year, there are no two ways about it, Button has to make room.

I hope he just decides to retire instead of trying desperately to land a seat. The old man deserves a proper send-off, at least.

Aiii

So not worth it
You want Button to leave right around the time when McLaren starts to dominate F1 again? That's just mean.

It's okay, he can leave this year on a high note by lapping the entire field in the final six Faces when the Honda is the fastestest engine on the grid

Mastah

The restrictions that were introduced because the very same team were doing things to the tyres that they shouldn't have.

And yeah..

Or Mercedes doing some mumbo-jumbo with pressure...

I think that they have such advantage that they are messing around a bit.

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 6m6 minutes ago

Pirelli claims, it must have been an external source, that damaged Rosbergs tyre. Mercedes ran within all parameters. All other tyres okay.

We'll see if it's a one-off like Vettel's tyre explosion after completing single corner in 2011 Abu Dhabi GP or, hopefully not, we have repeat of 2004 on the cards:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xusar8_button-and-baumgartner-crash-in-belgium-2004_sport

lol

It's over for this season, I'm not watching anymore of this shit.

The problem is that Honda's MGU-H is not sufficiently efficient to recover enough energy from the exhaust system to help the MGU-K in giving the power unit its extra boost of electrical energy for long enough to run competitively on a circuit at which the driver spends around 65 per cent of the lap at full throttle.

"The MGU-H for us is not capable like the others to recharge the battery and support the MGU-K," explains Boullier.

"We have the limitation of 4Megajoules per lap, so we burn our 4MJ, but when we burn them we still have not finished the lap, and then it [the ERS deployment] stops working.

"The ICE is better, and looks reliable so far, the biggest hurt is that we can't use all of our electrical power on the lap."

The bad news for McLaren fans is that Boullier says there is no chance of improvement in this area until the winter, because it will cost Honda "too many tokens" to make the changes now.

comical_araivssty.jpg

“There were no limitations, no restrictions and it was very good. It was a good deployment program, very good, and also very good harvesting. So the energy use was at full power, which is very good.”

Top Bottom