• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Risgroo

CMX44tyU8AAQcBZ.jpg:large
Erika PU22 ‏@hondapu22 Aug 14
It’s the last day of our holiday :( But today we swam with dolphins, they’re amazing.

So that's where they dumped the old engines.

Mastah

So another season of his ass being whooped, while he has all the "bad luck" in the world.

It would be so refreshing to see new face alongside Vettel, someone hungry for success like Bottas or Hulkenberg. But no, new Massa indeed. I bet Vettel is grinning from ear to ear.

After rumored huge buyout price of Bottas it's not like there were that many options. Ferrari doesn't want to have two german drivers so that also makes Hulkenberg no go

Risgroo

Hmm, guess the driver line-ups will be pretty stable, unless McLaren get rid of JB.

I would have liked to see Hulk or Bottas at Ferrari, but if Kimi continues to drive as well as he did in the last two races I'm cool with him staying.

Suprised, Arrivabene and Marchionne are soft.

Poor Hulk, deserves a better seat.
Like an all-season Porsche 919.

And Ferrari make the announcement on his birthday. OUCH.

Guess it's Wonderboy for 2017.

Aiii

So not worth it
Does this mean the Verstappen rumor has merit?

Because by gawd, Vettel and Verstappen in a team together would be pretty glorious. I might actually have to start liking Ferrari. I'm not sure if I'm physically capable.

Does this mean the Verstappen rumor has merit?

Because by gawd, Vettel and Verstappen in a team together would be pretty glorious. I might actually have to start liking Ferrari. I'm not sure if I'm physically capable.

How funny would that be. Red Bull trains and raises the drivers and Ferrari snatches them away. If I was a driver of their own Academy, if would definitely sour me a little.

Lach

Oh shit! Just realised that Spa is this weekend. Thought it would be next (last we of august). Going to do some hiking on the weekend, but it seems I have to go early to be back for quali and race!

Tubie

Might just motivate Kimi to be as good as he should be.

To be fair, there's nothing he can do against the typical Ferrari second driver "malfunctions" lol.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that start will be very interesting, because new rules about pre-start procedures will apply and we will see who already tested this on previous races :)

yami4ct

Glad to see Williams hold onto Bottas a bit longer. Dude will probably end up with a major seat eventually, but I really enjoy watching him in the Williams. I like Kimi as a dude, so I hope he gets his act together. A big surprise, but not a bad one.

Aiii

So not worth it
Or Bottas could be another Hülkenberg. Too good for a mid-tier Seat but never available when a good seat is free.

I think Massa suddenly being on pace with Bottas compared to last year isn't going to be doing Bottas any favor if it keeps up for the rest of this year and next year.

I think there might be more than just performance, maybe Kimi is really good at helping develop the car.They certainly have improved since he joined.

Aiii

So not worth it
All these theories are nice and all, but it's very simple in my mind. They need a driver for just one year. So they could either get a new guy for a year, which makes no sense, or keep Kimi for a year.

Yeah Kimi is more expensive, but he also needs no training and training that's wasted if you're just keeping a guy for one year.

Zeknurn

New suggestions for the 2017 car. AMuS Google Translate link

It seems like they are finally focusing on the right things and make the cars less susceptible to turbulence.

• Narrower and lower front wing than previously suggested, redirecting the air to pass on inside of the front tires instead of the outside.
  • Rear wing will remain at 95cm instead of the suggested 80cm and the base plate will be removed
  • The guide plates in front of the side pods are gone.
  • 325mm front and 425mm rear tyres.
  • 11kg lighter and 1mm lower cars leading to an increase in downforce without increased air resistance.
  • The floor will have a maximum surface area which means that it can't start alongside the sidepod and keep the same width all the way back. This should lead to some very different sidepod designs between teams.

DD

I think Massa suddenly being on pace with Bottas compared to last year isn't going to be doing Bottas any favor if it keeps up for the rest of this year and next year.

But Massa wasn't doing worse than Bottas last year either. But he was unlucky as fuck.

Top Bottom