• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

dubc35

All these theories are nice and all, but it's very simple in my mind. They need a driver for just one year. So they could either get a new guy for a year, which makes no sense, or keep Kimi for a year.

Yeah Kimi is more expensive, but he also needs no training and training that's wasted if you're just keeping a guy for one year.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

Doesn't matter anymore, even if they close on Mercedes. Honda have upped their game.

Honda is one update away from annihilating Mercedes though, Renault hasn't a chance.

Did you two steal from Wax's stash again?

All these theories are nice and all, but it's very simple in my mind. They need a driver for just one year. So they could either get a new guy for a year, which makes no sense, or keep Kimi for a year.

Yeah Kimi is more expensive, but he also needs no training and training that's wasted if you're just keeping a guy for one year.

Who's going to replace Kimi after 2017? Verstappen?

Ah, that's where the Honda hype suddenly comes from.

A Honda spokesperson confirmed to GPUpdate.net that three of its allocated tokens for the 2015 season have been spent in the run up to the Belgian Grand Prix, with the focus on combustion, and the expected result is a 3% increase in power.

However, both Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso are likely to face grid penalties, with the Briton set for a five place drop and Alonso braced for a 10 place demotion.

This is due to the team exceeding the limit for the different number of components which they have used so far in 2015, with Button already onto a seventh version of several parts and Alonso likely to follow suit.

Honda stressed that further sanctions may follow across the remainder of the weekend at Spa-Francorchamps, meaning that both Alonso and Button may be forced to start from the back row of the grid.

ramparter

Banned
Holy shit 3%!!!

That would mean 3 seconds less for 1:40.000 lap (can't tell you how I figured that, it's a very advanced algorithm), so more than 3 seconds in the long circuit of Spa... Still not enough I believe :p

Yeah... no, it really wouldn't. Thing is, lets say you believe the 180bhp down figure, and lets say they have 1000bhp now (they don't).

You're still only gaining 30bhp back.

Someone sat on the Mercedes wing.
nY9x5XP.jpg
Norbert Haug gets his revenge for getting axed.

Dilly

Banned
Ah, that's where the Honda hype suddenly comes from.

A Honda spokesperson confirmed to GPUpdate.net that three of its allocated tokens for the 2015 season have been spent in the run up to the Belgian Grand Prix, with the focus on combustion, and the expected result is a 3% increase in power.

However, both Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso are likely to face grid penalties, with the Briton set for a five place drop and Alonso braced for a 10 place demotion.

This is due to the team exceeding the limit for the different number of components which they have used so far in 2015, with Button already onto a seventh version of several parts and Alonso likely to follow suit.

Honda stressed that further sanctions may follow across the remainder of the weekend at Spa-Francorchamps, meaning that both Alonso and Button may be forced to start from the back row of the grid.

What

On Autosport:

Honda is hoping to match Ferrari's power output from Spa onwards with a revised internal combustion engine, featuring changes to the combustion chamber, intake, exhaust layout and gear-train system.

It's nice to want things I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm fairly certain when you take a picture of a person, you can't actually "own" said photo more than the person you're photographing.

dubc35

Is it? I think Hamilton's portrait rights would rank higher than the photographer's copyright.
Comes down to the agency for photo rights, for professional photographers, according to Jamey Price (pretty popular motorsport photographer) in his AMA.

I own the photos. Ownership of photos really comes down to which agency you work for (Getty for instance forces you to give up the ownership of your images) However, the sport restricts who we can sell them too, for instance I can't commercially license them, but I earn the right to sell editorially.

dubc35

I would think so. Given the drivers' popularity and the fact that part of their job is to promote products for the team/sponsors it must be covered somewhere in their contract. Further, portrait rights can be drastically different depending on the country.

Aiii

So not worth it
Button #18, Alonso #15.

It's easy to see why Honda is saying their engine is ahead of Fertari now. Can't wait for the next update that puts them ahead of Mercedes! Maybe they'll get near the top 10. Exciting!

Dilly

Banned
Button #18, Alonso #15.

It's easy to see why Honda is saying their engine is ahead of Fertari now. Can't wait for the next update that puts them ahead of Mercedes! Maybe they'll get near the top 10. Exciting!

Arai is delusional. With someone like him at the helm, they're getting nowhere. He already had the balls to claim it was the McLaren chassis masking the engine's progress.

ramparter

Banned
Maybe FIA should introduce a crash points system, not counting of course crashes due to technical failures*.

Then again technical falure crashes could count twards team points and at the end of the year there could be a safest team award.

stryke

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the replay it looks as though he managed to straighten the car but did a right hander unecessarily at the end...

yA1Ljn.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe FIA should introduce a crash points system, not counting of course crashes due to technical failures*.

Then again technical falure crashes could count twards team points and at the end of the year there could be a safest team award.

Just like the pole award it'll be something nobody really gives a shit about.

Dilly

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the replay it looks as though he managed to straighten the car but did a right hander unecessarily at the end...

yA1Ljn.gif

To correct the momentum of the rear , but the right rear would've touched the wall regardless of what he did.

ramparter

Banned
To correct the momentum of the rear , but the right rear would've touched the wall regardless of what he did.
Yeah it would be either the front or the rear hitting the barrier.

Just like the pole award it'll be something nobody really gives a shit about.
Unless it involved part of the money that's shared to the teams.

Honda sure is looking good these days:

CM7EIo-W8AAGH5f.jpg:orig
However it's looking good for Renault. Maybe these ties tell nothing after all.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Pasta honing dem crash skills in preparation for his magnum opus: the recreation of 1998's start in Spa. We are witnessing a truly blessed genius at work. A single tear of joy rolls down my cheek.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Arai is delusional. With someone like him at the helm, they're getting nowhere. He already had the balls to claim it was the McLaren chassis masking the engine's progress.

I am still not sure if Arai is completely delusional, or just playing some weird PR game, or just trying to motivate his own crew. Or all of that at once.

The Honda PU was clearly turned down in FP1, it's their future penalty free PU so no reason to put it through unneeded stress and run at full chat.

In FP2 McHonda will comfortably be in the top ten.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Honda PU was clearly turned down in FP1, it's their future penalty free PU so no reason to put it through unneeded stress and run at full chat.

In FP2 McHonda will comfortably be in the top ten.

So, what are we thinking Wax? Pole tomorrow? Half a second ahead of Mercedes? Two cars on the podium on Sunday?

So WEC is 6 seconds off a F1 car on a power circuit (Free pratice times)? Pretty amazing.

Fastest WEC went 1.54 in qualifying.

Honda underestimated the task of creating a winning F1 engine, they came too soon and they are too stubborn thinking it can be a testbed for their road cars, not to mention everything is done in Japan, so it makes it more dificult to recruit experienced personnel.

Top Bottom