• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Dilly

Banned
If that were the case then two drivers would just keep swapping positions over and over again.

Faster car gets hindered by dirty air, which makes it harder to pass. DRS completely negates that effect by pretty much giving a free pass within the 1s zone. That's what I mean with DRS compensating it too much.

A slower car has next to no chance to finish higher up than it should performance wise, because it's always a sitting duck because of DRS.

untitled-16iqcz.gif

Why would Williams (or anyone) not run a Monza-lite setup here? That's how it always works at Spa, plus or minus midfield teams betting on rain or not which is almost a non-issue this weekend.
Edit: Also DRS is far too effective at this track.
This is true. I think it's because the straight is slightly uphill which makes it hard for the car in front to keep momentum. People who make the move later are essentially impossible to stop. Sort of the reverse of the front straight at Suzuka where despite reasonable logic it's a hard pass.

kiyomi

Faster car gets hindered by dirty air, which makes it harder to pass. DRS completely negates that effect by pretty much giving a free pass within the 1s zone. That's what I mean with DRS compensating it too much.

A slower car has next to no chance to finish higher up than it should performance wise, because it's always a sitting duck because of DRS.

Yep.

I remember when DRS was introduced and there were people on different sites arguing that it would allow the faster cars to be deservedly ahead of slower cars, and that that would be better for the sport.

Good racing comes when a faster car is behind a slower car, thus creating an overtake. DRS oversimplifies this process. Slower cars shouldn't be punished for making a good start, they should have a chance of defending their well-earned position.

Is anyone watching on NBCSports, because the audio levels seem way off. There has been more than a few times where they're talking and you can barely hear what's being said. It seems like they're forcing the track sounds this week.

Zeknurn

Red Bull Racing more like Drag Reduction Racing.

Hamilton said over the radio that he "has lost a lot of power" and the team replied that both cars are experiencing this. Not that it will affect them.

ramparter

Banned
Why would Williams (or anyone) not run a Monza-lite setup here? That's how it always works at Spa, plus or minus midfield teams betting on rain or not which is almost a non-issue this weekend.
This is true. I think it's because the straight is slightly uphill which makes it hard for the car in front to keep momentum. People who make the move later are essentially impossible to stop. Sort of the reverse of the front straight at Suzuka where despite reasonable logic it's a hard pass.
Because Williams needs what ever downforce help they can get. See hungury, its their worst aspect.

Red Bull Racing more like Drag Reduction Racing.

Hamilton said over the radio that he "has lost a lot of power" and the team replied that both cars are experiencing this. Not that it will affect them.

This feels like a common theme in any race where ROS is closing in on him. "Something is wrong!" "No it's not Lewis, just drive."

Top Bottom