• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
tumblr_nde5tv3DNQ1rulc91o1_500.jpg

Au contraire, it´s been a long time coming, I´m fine with Lewis sweeping the WDC for a number of years...

That's not the point. I'm perfectly fine with Lewis getting another WDC or three. But I wish someone was able to put up a fight. Lewis running away with it is just as boring as back then when Vettel did it. It's just not interesting.

Juicy Bob

That's not the point. I'm perfectly fine with Lewis getting another WDC or three. But I wish someone was able to put up a fight. Lewis running away with it is just as boring as back then when Vettel did it. It's just not interesting.
Yeah. Hamilton's a great driver. I just wish there was a fight.

olore

Sure. And I´m totally fine with it, hell let him lap the grid thrice

Zaru

Vettel's first WDC was unexpected, his third was damn close.
Even Schumacher didn't dominate all his years and had to sweat.

Hamilton is just driving on cruise control. That's not unusual for one year, but if this keeps up for more years, the WDC will be worthless since nobody will watch anymore.

The undercut is far too strong tbh.

They did everything right :l
Okay, I know they pitted on the immediate next lap as Rosberg, but as usual they found a way to absolutely waste a podium. It's not like they haven't been undercut 50 times this year or anything.

Sure. And I´m totally fine with it, hell let him lap the grid thrice

I can't understand this. He doesn't even get the chance to prove himself. It's absolutely boring. You might as well focus on one of the two Marussia, because nothing is happening there as well.

Dilly

Banned
Vettel's first WDC was unexpected, his third was damn close.
Even Schumacher didn't dominate all his years and had to sweat.

Hamilton is just driving on cruise control. That's not unusual for one year, but if this keeps up for more years, the WDC will be worthless since nobody will watch anymore.

Nah, third title of Vettel was his when Grosjean destroyed tve whole field in Spa. This is as boring as the Vettel years. Only I'm less annoyed now.

Last exciting season was 2010.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The problem is that these restrictive car, development and testing rules make it virtually impossible for other teams to catch up. No wonder that once a team has a great car, it can keep that advantage with relative ease.

Juicy Bob

Monza is a fantastic venue, but I've never really found races here all that exciting.

Maybe it's because they only last 40 minutes too.

Ark

Okay, I know they pitted on the immediate next lap as Rosberg, but as usual they found a way to absolutely waste a podium. It's not like they haven't been undercut 50 times this year or anything.

They didn't waste anything. When Rosberg is behind them they're fucked if they do and fucked if they don't. The Mercedes simply outclasses their car in every respect. I'm all for ragging on the Williams pit wall, but this time they couldn't have done much more.

Nah, third title of Vettel was his when Grosjean destroyed tve whole field in Spa. This is as boring as the Vettel years. Only I'm less annoyed now.

Last exciting season was 2010.

I'm really tired of this. The title was Vettel's after Alonso couldn't figure out how to drive around Raikkonen at Suzuka. Alonso likes to blame Grosjean but always conveniently forgets how he binned it at turn one. 2012 was an exciting season in every respect. 2010 was an exciting championship because people kept crashing. But obviously, different opinions, etc.

Just another day in the office for Williams
This is what happens when you only react and take absolutely zero initiative of your own. Sooooo many times the past 2 years this has happened. If you want to better Mercedes or Ferrari you have to be bold, christ.
They didn't waste anything. When Rosberg is behind them they're fucked if they do and fucked if they don't. The Mercedes simply outclasses their car in every respect. I'm all for ragging on the Williams pit wall, but this time they couldn't have done much more.
I agree that the odds are against them, but they still refuse to be bold.

Dilly

Banned

I'm really tired of this. The title was Vettel's after Alonso couldn't figure out how to drive around Raikkonen at Suzuka. Alonso likes to blame Grosjean but always conveniently forgets how he binned it at turn one.

2012 was an exciting season in every respect. 2010 was an exciting championship because people kept crashing.

But obviously, different opinions, etc.

2012 was exciting because Alonso had a big lead in points which he needed in the second half of the season because the Red Bull was a lot faster then. It was over after Spa anyway. Fabricated excitement after that.

Where is Alonso blaming anyone? Am I Alonso?

Ark

This is what happens when you only react and take absolutely zero initiative of your own. Sooooo many times the past 2 years this has happened. If you want to better Mercedes or Ferrari you have to be bold, christ.I agree that the odds are against them, but they still refuse to be bold.

Are you suggesting they pit before Rosberg and give him the clean air he needed to cool his brakes and pass them in the one lap he'd have before Mercedes pitted him?

2012 was exciting because Alonso had a big lead in points which he needed in the second half of the season because the Red Bull was a lot faster then. It was over after Spa anyway. Fabricated excitement after that.

Fabricated? Oh my god.

Alonso has passive-aggressively blamed Grosjean for 2012 several times on his twitter over the past couple of years.

He at least tweeted a picture of Grosjean missing his head with the comment like "I lost the championship, but gained a life" or something along those lines.

Ruruja

Once Ferrari catch up, Hamilton vs Vettel will be one of the best rivalries in years and will bring the excitement back. They're so far ahead of everyone else in talent.

Par Score

I can't understand this. He doesn't even get the chance to prove himself. It's absolutely boring. You might as well focus on one of the two Marussia, because nothing is happening there as well.

Lewis is an amazing driver and looks to be finally picking up the WDCs his talent deserves. I could give a fuck if you find that 'boring'.

It's not his fault that a bunch of the other 'top' teams completely fucked up their development, and that his team-mate really isn't in the same class as he is.

Some years you get Vettel or Schumacher domination, and it sucks, so I'll take a few years of a Brit on the top step beasting it quite happily.

Top Bottom