• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ark

Once Ferrari catch up, Hamilton vs Vettel will be one of the best rivalries in years and will bring the excitement back. They're so far ahead of everyone else in talent.

I've been asking for this for years. I hope it happens.

Lewis is an amazing driver and looks to be finally picking up the WDCs his talent deserves. I could give a fuck if you find that 'boring'.

It's not his fault that a bunch of the other 'top' teams completely fucked up their development, and that his team-mate really isn't in the same class as he is.

Some years you get Vettel or Schumacher domination, and it sucks, so I'll take a few years of a Brit on the top step beasting it quite happily.

It's kinda like asking for Federer to have his legs taped together when he was in his prime just to make it fair on everyone else.

Once Ferrari catch up, Hamilton vs Vettel will be one of the best rivalries in years and will bring the excitement back. They're so far ahead of everyone else in talent.

If they catch up. So far there's absolutely no indication that they are gaining on Mercedes. And isn't engine development frozen from next year on?

Zeknurn

Monza is a fantastic venue, but I've never really found races here all that exciting.

Maybe it's because they only last 40 minutes too.

Monza is in the same category as Monaco where the cars have outgrown the track and it's only featured on the calendar because history. Hopefully Bernie will force them to rebuild the track to something that isn't a glorified oval.

Zaru

Nah, third title of Vettel was his when Grosjean destroyed tve whole field in Spa. This is as boring as the Vettel years. Only I'm less annoyed now.

Last exciting season was 2010.

You've got some very interesting alternate view of history.

2012 had 8 different winners, a decisive final race (3 points difference in the end) and at this point (Monza), Vettel was ranked 4th.

Dilly

Banned
Are you suggesting they pit before Rosberg and give him the clean air he needed to cool his brakes and pass them in the one lap he'd have before Mercedes pitted him?

Fabricated? Oh my god.

Alonso has passive-aggressively blamed Grosjean for 2012 several times on his twitter over the past couple of years.

Ok, 2012 was exciting and it wasn't obvious Vettel was going to win it in the fastest car.

He's right in blaming him.

Ruruja

If they catch up. So far there's absolutely no indication that they are gaining on Mercedes. And isn't engine development frozen from next year on?

I wouldn't say their engine is that inferior to Mercedes'. We're not talking Renault or Honda here. They seem to be weaker with mechanical/aero grip too (you can see with how little steering/steering correction Hamilton puts into his laps) which should be possible to eradicate if you believe in diminishing returns.

Are you suggesting they pit before Rosberg and give him the clean air he needed to cool his brakes and pass them in the one lap he'd have before Mercedes pitted him?
Why not? Being in front of someone by a second shouldn't be an death penalty for losing a position. Even in clean air Rosberg is only gaining a few tenths a lap over Massa.

Any chance > No chance. Yeah, he cools his brakes for a few laps. But you're at least still in front. Better than just flatly accepting a position loss through the stop.

TCRS

Banned
I wouldn't say their engine is that inferior to Mercedes'. We're not talking Renault or Honda here. They seem to be weaker with mechanical/aero grip too (you can see with how little steering/steering correction Hamilton puts into his laps) which should be possible to eradicate if you believe in diminishing returns.

I think that's just Hamilton being in absolute control. Rosberg corrects a lot.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Hamilton needs to pit again? Why else would he need a gap?

TCRS

Banned
"don't ask question, just drive faster"

drives 1 second faster

jesus christ. what can man do against such reckless superiority.

Top Bottom