• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

hadareud

The Translator
A lap from the end I'd tell them to get fucked too.

What the fuck are they thinking with a team order at that stage. Fuck off.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looking from Max's point of view, if it wasn't for Perez, Sainz would have been in no position to be near him to take that spot back.

But from Sainz POV, if he gave him a pass earlier in the race, it's going to be unfair.

Either way, those Jos genes at work here :D

dakun

Wonder if Max is going to be penalized by the team internally.
I wonder if he got to his position because of Teamorders before and didn't give the position back or if they just wanted him to let his teammate pass for no good reason.

Depending on that he should get a warning internally

I'd love to know the logic for STR. They get the same number of points for the team either way, which, when there's no matter of the championship to worry about, is all that matters.

untitled-2268p30.gif

Shaneus

I'd love to know the logic for STR. They get the same number of points for the team either way, which, when there's no matter of the championship to worry about, is all that matters.
Would likely be purely token.

God, you know the stream is behind when Sunhi can output a gif quicker than you see the actual footage.

shaki123

I wonder if he got to his position because of Teamorders before and didn't give the position back or if they just wanted him to let his teammate pass for no good reason.

Depending on that he should get a warning internally

Who cares about internal warnings when you're Max Verstappen. What are they going to do, fire him? Cut his salary?

Lach

From my understanding, they felt that Sainz haden't used up his tires as much and could have made a move on Perez...

they wanted to give sainz a try at passing perez, because his tires were a bit better. but they are total idiots and gave the message way too late. completely pointless nonsense from toro rosso.

NewDust

Max did hold back on the last lap though... Going from .6 seconds to over 1.5 second behind Perez. But Sainz also went from .8 to 1.5 on Verstappen...

hamchan

A lap from the end I'd tell them to get fucked too.

What the fuck are they thinking with a team order at that stage. Fuck off.

Seems like Sainz let Verstappen through earlier in the race. Only fair to give it back, see: what Ricciardo and Kvyat did at Monaco.

dakun

Schumacher at the point of equaling senna's 41 wins had 5 more championships to win. 3 of them dominating the season.

Nobody of the current champs will reach him on win count imo

Par Score

Sainz will have swapped with Verstappen at some other point, with the agreement that if Max isn't up the road by the end they swap back.

It's a fairly common team orders scenario, just like it's fairly common for 17 year olds to act like petulant children.

From my understanding, they felt that Sainz haden't used up his tires as much and could have made a move on Perez...
they wanted to give sainz a try at passing perez, because his tires were a bit better. but they are total idiots and gave the message way too late. completely pointless nonsense from toro rosso.
With 1 lap to go? I... guess? Had they spat this out with 5+ laps to go I'd understand, but it was pretty clear by the end that no one was going to pass Perez. I'd also question the tyres being in better condition. Max blew ahead after passing Grosjean and Carlos took longer to catch up again. Is there any reason why that would have changed later?

Aiii

So not worth it
Sainz will have swapped with Verstappen at some other point, with the agreement that if Max isn't up the road by the end they swap back.

It's a fairly common team orders scenario, just like it's fairly common for 17 year olds to act like petulant children.

We've seen much older drivers ignore such teamorder.

Or a guy like Barrichello doing it at the literal LAST second.

It's less of an age thing and more of a competitor thing.

We've seen much older drivers ignore such teamorder.

Or a guy like Barrichello doing it at the literal LAST second.

It's less of an age thing and more of a competitor thing.

It's more of a cunt thing, really. VES had 5 laps to reel Perez in and failed. There was nothing left in these tyres.

shaki123

Sainz is ahead in the head-to-head in both qualifying and race all season long.

Wonderboy has been overhyped.

(He's a talent no question, but he has been too hyped).

At the end of the season points count. max has more points. Which means he has performed better this season.

Aiii

So not worth it
At the end of the season points count. max has more points. Which means he has performed better this season.

Way more points.

And both drivers had to retire from point getting positions, so it's not that either. The stats just don't back you up there nature boy.

Way more points.

And both drivers had to retire from point getting positions, so it's not that either. The stats just don't back you up there nature boy.

Max has had 4 retirements, Sainz has had 5, yet is still ahead in head-to-head.

Yes it true that Max has had higher finishes, namely the 4th in the eventful Hungarian GP, but he isn't smashing his team-mate.

Top Bottom