• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ben Hunt ‏@benjhunt 1m1 minute ago
Spoke to Franz Tost who totally cleared @Max33Verstappen of any wrong doing. Said Verstappen was RIGHT to question order to allow Sainz pass

So Sainz can also do the same, right?

Incredibly boring race and Kimi disappointed, as expected.

Still happy for Vettel and Ferrari, of course. But not what I wanted to see today.

Shaneus

Something tells me him doing this to Max would be unacceptable.
Gah, I'm having flashbacks.
tumblr_mka6j1rFP11rozojao1_500.gif

Incredibly boring race
First 2/3rds were awful. Apart from Hamilton going backwards, I don't recall any overtaking. Last 1/3 was great, so many drivers jostling for position... and for that we have the 'on-track-fan' to thank. Thanks on-track-fan, I hope the authorities treat you well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sky interviews just cleared it up. They wanted Carlos to have a go at Perez, there was no "giving a place back" situation.

Tost says that Carlos was too far behind Max and that's why Max was right in not letting him pass.

malyce

Sainz is just as good maybe even a bit better than Max. Only because Max is 17 he gets more limelight.

Fuck no. This is Max's second season in cars, Sainz had 4 in cars before he lit up F3.5. Max straight up wrecked F3 in his first season. Kid has much more potential and much more room to grow.

Fuck no. This is Max's second season in cars, Sainz had 4 in cars before he lit up F3.5. Max straight up wrecked F3 in his first season. Kid has much more potential and much more room to grow.

That's what they said about Hulkenberg, Frijns, etc.

VES may have potential, but so far it's incredibly even between both.

Aiii

So not worth it

That's because they're both tremendous drivers.

---
Oh my, they just said on Sky that Jos Verstappen actually instructed Max that if they ever ask him to let him teammate pass he should say no and let him do it, because it would make him a pushover and people would lose respect for him as a driver.

Aiii

So not worth it
Or that Toro Rosso has built their best chassis.... ever (or since 2008)?

I don't think there's any question that Sainz and Verstappen are great drivers and it's not just a case of "oh, they just have a better car than others."

Zeknurn

Oh my, they just said on Sky that Jos Verstappen actually instructed Max that if they ever ask him to let him teammate pass he should say no and let him do it, because it would make him a pushover and people would lose respect for him as a driver.

I just saw this and yeah, I think it's time to cut the umbilical cord to daddy.

I don't think there's any question that Sainz and Verstappen are great drivers and it's not just a case of "oh, they just have a better car than others."

A great chassis does help, though. RIC is a great driver and wasn't able to showcase his talent with those dog shit Toro Rosso chassis in 2012-13.

I am sure that they are talented, but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if this Toro Rosso is the best they've built since 2008.

itsgreen

Yeah, it'll be a fine or let it slide. Doubt there'll be major repercussions.

Depends...

If they touched cars without FIA representatives...

I am Dutch, so take my comment with a grain of salt.... even though I consider myself not biased....

I think it isn't incredibly even anymore between them, considering everything I think it is slightly tilting towards Max...

So it seems that Grosjean is heading to Haas, if reports are true.

Clearly eyeing the Ferrari seat for 2017.

Seems the director of Renualt has confirmed that Grosjean will not race for Lotus-Renault.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure if its the Ferrari seat or just the fact that Grosjean realises the Renault is a shit engine, even next year, and sticking around might just end his career.

Being in Ferrari's B-Team might prove to be the smarter choice, who knows?

itsgreen

Not sure if its the Ferrari seat or just the fact that Grosjean realises the Renault is a shit engine, even next year, and sticking around might just end his career.

Me, Haas will fail gloriously...

You can speculate next year if I am from the future or if I have watched F1 for the last 20 years and realized no new team does well in their first year...

Looks like F1 is back to kindergarten:

CPW8rEiXAAAkeO9.png

It's a smarter move, Renault will be shit for the next couple of years. Renault won't invest a massive amount to get them up the grid.

Looks like F1 is back to kindergarten:

CPW8rEiXAAAkeO9.png

It's a smarter move, Renault will be shit for the next couple of years. Renault won't invest a massive amount to get them up the grid.

AMUS says Mercedes will help Renault get their PU sorted. What's all that about? Rebadged Merc engines?

Kill this token shit so Honda can splurge $500m on their MK5 2017 monster.

Zeknurn

But who would want to cut the cord to a man who was self-proclaimed faster then Schumacher? He knows his shit!

Haha, indeed.

AMUS says Mercedes will help Renault get their PU sorted. What's all that about? Rebadged Merc engines?

Kill this token shit so Honda can splurge $500m on their MK5 2017 monster.

Mercedes Engineer: You see this piston here? Well you've put it upside down.

Lol Verstappen got a telling off from Eddie. Sainz seemed a bit uncertain about his own request to be let past to have a go at Perez. I do think that team orders in that situation were a bit strange.

Business

Lol Verstappen got a telling off from Eddie. Sainz seemed a bit uncertain about his own request to be let past to have a go at Perez. I do think that team orders in that situation were a bit strange.

Agreed. I would understand it if they were on totally different strategies but both being on SS tyres with a similar number of laps, asking them to switch for the other to try is madness.

Top Bottom