• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Guys, there is no conspiracy here, it was found out by a small German lab by accident when lab tests showed different results than the official tests. That started an investigation which led to the whole mess we have now. Piech obviously knew what was coming and therefore tried to kick Winterkorn out of office but he couldn't publicly tell about it because at that point investigations in the US were still ongoing.

DieH@rd

Banned
screen-shot-2015-10-09-at-10-36-58.png

Rekt.

kelso-burn-o.gif

Holy shit, Fernando claiming that they're gonna be super fast next year and the Manor is gonna be shit because their chassis will forever be crap.

A 100% Peter P car design and an on song Honda PU = race winning machine. McLaren Honda would have won this season if they were allowed to fix their ERS, Button says the issue is an easy fix but due to the retarded token system they couldn't do shit.

Next season we're going to see a Honda/Brawn leap in performance. I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren Honda and its drivers take both championships.

Aiii

So not worth it
Autosport reporting that RBR and STR are back in talks with Renault for 2016 engines

Thank god for this, because it is a lot more interesting than anything going on on track today, heh.

Though, I have to say, I like Fridays practice the most out of the weekend because it's just the Sky commentary shooting the shit all day, silly jokes make my day.

Mohonky

Autosport reporting that RBR and STR are back in talks with Renault for 2016 engines

Oh man. Looks like Ferrari weren't interested in giving in to Red Bull. Going to be an interesting few months of PR from both sides. Though now that Red Bull have already thrown Renault under the bus and Renault are looking at their own works team, what does this mean for Red Bull is Renault really do buy out Lotus? Second tier Renault engines for Red Bull?

I cant even begin to imagine it.

Will Red Bull chuck an almighty wobbly and just sit out some races until the contract is finished with F1 I wonder?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think little greedy dwarf brought them back together, because he apparently said to some media people that RBR engine deal is 'sorted'

Aiii

So not worth it
I think little greedy dwarf brought them back together, because he apparently said to some media people that RBR engine deal is 'sorted'

If it wasn't for that little greedy dwarf, they would have been gone from F1, so let's give the man some credit.

For all of Bernie's fault, his dedication to F1 is not one of them.

Funny, we can almost say the same about Alonso's Minardi Honda.
A 100% Peter P car design and an on song Honda PU = race winning machine. McLaren Honda would have won this season if they were allowed to fix their ERS, Button says the issue is an easy fix but due to the retarded token system they couldn't do shit.

Next season we're going to see a Honda/Brawn leap in performance. I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren Honda and its drivers take both championships.
I have 3 words for you, twenty fucking twelve.

dubc35

Interesting enough, there was an article a couple days ago saying the opposite is more likely.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/exclusive-honda-misery-set-to-continue-into-2016/

Dilly

Banned
It's a crying shame that that whole diesel-scandal had to pop up just right now.

I'm convinced this kind of stuff happens with every manufacturer, so I wonder which of them spilled the beans on VW. It was either a disgruntled employee or one of the other manufacturers that went "hey, you might want to look into this on these cars"

It was discovered by some American scientists.

I'm tired of your nonsense, buddy.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Zeknurn

On Inside F1, EJ said the rumor about Red Bull buying Formula 1 could happen and he also said that another possibility is Red Bull takes over the motorsport part of Volkswagen Group.

tomtom94

On Inside F1, EJ said the rumor about Red Bull buying Formula 1 could happen and he also said that another possibility is Red Bull takes over the motorsport part of Volkswagen Group.

Part of me says "well, Hamilton to Mercedes sounded that implausible when he first called it" and then the sane part of me goes "no, that's just fucking stupid".

Mohonky

Red Bull running F1? Yeh, because that wouldn't half turn into a complete shit show. Red Bull not winning? Nah sorry guys the sports dead, wrap it up.

That or some ridiculous rule sets that favours Red Bull and Red Bull only.

Aiii

So not worth it
Because that makes total sense. Spend half a billion dollars to buy something and then just kill it off just because, right? Seriously.

Why even assume that Red Bull would continue running a team if they bought F1.

yami4ct

Red Bull taking over VW motorsport makes a certain amount of sense. With all the trouble VW's dealing with, I can see them trying to offload side devisions to cover losses.

Ark

Red Bull buying F1 would be the best thing that could happen to the sport. They'd actually have an online presence, probably have web streaming, they'd be able to make sure the regs aren't crap.

CVC does literally nothing for the sport other than collect it's pay-cheques, Red Bull would make the sport active again.

I hope its true, actually. Although we'd probably still have to put up with Bernie.

The VW rumour makes a little more sense though.

Top Bottom