• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Never said they enjoyed it, but to continue to use services with no intention of paying for them is appalling in my eyes. As someone who runs a small business I know the pain of not being paid for work that you did in good faith.

Mastah

CQnd0rcUkAA-ExS.jpg:orig

Mastah

Lotus F1 Team ‏@Lotus_F1Team

Thank you for all the sympathy, but we are in and we are busy eating! ;-) #PaddockRumours

CQtSdf0WsAAaxH9.jpg:orig

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 3m3 minutes ago

Pirelli set higher tyre pressure limits for Sochi. Limits identical to Suzuka: front 21,5 PSI / rear 20,5 PSI. (2014: 19,0/18,0) #AMuS #F1

Just go home, Pirelli.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just realised that if RB and TR call it quits, Sauber sure has a ton of drivers announcements to do from now until March of 2016.

Mastah

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Formel1

-only Mercedes will use the newest engine specification this year - the reason is apparently Petronas couldn't produce enough fuel for new PU

-same for Ferrari, Sauber gets fourth power unit, but only in Canada version

-but Mercedes and Ferrari better watch out, Honda will use remaining 4 tokens in their new engines for Sochi, they modified combustion chamber and exhaust system, though the plan is to use it only in Alonso's car

dubc35

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Formel1

-only Mercedes will use the newest engine specification this year - the reason is apparently Petronas couldn't produce enough fuel for new PU

-but Mercedes and Ferrari better watch out, Honda will use remaining 4 tokens in their new engines for Sochi, they modified combustion chamber and exhaust system, though the plan is to use it only in Alonso's car
lol

Although they have to use their tokens before next year since there are no in season tokens next year. I doubt they'll be able to get their compressor figured out by then. I expect another backmarker year for them.

Mastah

Only Mercedes team will be using the newest, Monza-specification Mercedes power unit this year, because fuel supplier Petronas apparently couldn't produce enough of new fuel needed by this latest version of Mercedes PU. In other words, no honey for customer teams, no new PU specification. Bettah?

Which by the way shows the point made by Ron Dennis ("you have no chance of winning the world championship if you are not receiving the best engines from whoever is manufacturing your engines") and why Red Bull is threating to leave if they can't secure factory-like support. Open power unit developments has its downsides.

This whole engine carry on is bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned, if the engine supplier/manufacturer upgrades their engines, then everyone who uses their engines should have those new ones available to them at no extra cost otherwise they cannot implement the engine in their own team.

Why at no extra cost? Well there is already a contract and fees paid to supply engines for x seasons. This should be part of that contract.

The sport has become bullshit because of stupid rules that logically make no sense and give teams unfair advantages.

andshrew

To be fair - engine manufactures giving their own team / their works partner the best engines is nothing new.

I don't quite get the fuel reasoning though given Williams use Petrobras.

Time for a sole fuel supplier, the customer competition are being drilled from all angles, from fuel, unusable software modes, high costs, to gimped PUs, the v6 era is a disaster.

The Demon Headmaster needs to corrupt his way into fixing this shit show.

DieH@rd

Banned

ALO will probably get some other issue that will prevent him to drive.

Massa

To be fair - engine manufactures giving their own team / their works partner the best engines is nothing new.

I don't quite get the fuel reasoning though given Williams use Petrobras.

Williams only uses oils from Petrobras, I don't think they switched to their fuel yet.

Shaneus

Time for a sole fuel supplier, the customer competition are being drilled from all angles, from fuel, unusable software modes, high costs, to gimped PUs, the v6 era is a disaster.

The Demon Headmaster needs to corrupt his way into fixing this shit show.
Could there be potential issues with this? I mean, from a corporate/sponsorship standpoint or whatever. Engines should be configured to run on a standard type of fuel with a standard composition.

I don't even know what could be different between fuels used for F1.

2015 season without Mercedes:

http://beta.autosport.com/premium/feature/6711/would-f1-2015-be-better-without-mercedes

1. Vettel, 299
2. Raikkonen, 169
3. Bottas, 166
4. Massa, 147
5. Kvyat, 101
6. Ricciardo, 98
7. Grosjean, 78
8. Perez, 72
9. Hulkenberg, 62
10. Verstappen, 52

Vettel wins 11 out of 14 races and is crowned as champion with 5 races to spare.

That would honestly be just as boring. I really, really hope Ferrari and some other team and step their game up next season.

2015 season without Mercedes:

http://beta.autosport.com/premium/feature/6711/would-f1-2015-be-better-without-mercedes

1. Vettel, 299
2. Raikkonen, 169
3. Bottas, 166
4. Massa, 147
5. Kvyat, 101
6. Ricciardo, 98
7. Grosjean, 78
8. Perez, 72
9. Hulkenberg, 62
10. Verstappen, 52

Vettel wins 11 out of 14 races and is crowned as champion with 5 races to spare.

We would've seen McLaren up there. assuming they still supply engines. If not, Williams would not be that high

I didn't read the article :p

We would've seen McLaren up there. assuming they still supply engines. If not, Williams would not be that high

I didn't read the article :p
I'm still convinced the McLarens would still be shit boxes so I really don't think they'd be up there. Granted if there wasn't a works team and McLaren got the works team support they used to have then who knows really cause the current car might have actually been pretty good with an engine that didn't have the straight line speed of a donkey pulled cart.

Aiii

So not worth it
As people have illustrated, the article is a pretty pointless exercise.

Especially since everyone knows it's the rules that messed up these past seasons, not the fact that Mercedes happen to be the dominant engine.

So if Kvyat isn't confirmed for next season this weekend, he's surely getting dropped by Red Bull? Dutchie F1 insider says Verstappen will replace him with the announcement coming at the US GP.

Top Bottom