• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DieH@rd

Banned
Don't be so pessimistic.

He could die.

lindsay-lohan-spits-oabav8.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There is a possibility that Mercedes test driver Wehrlein will race in Malaysia instead of Bottas for Williams.

tomtom94

There is a possibility that Mercedes test driver Wehrlein will race in Malaysia instead of Bottas for Williams.

Not that I was expecting Williams to throw Lynn in right away, but it's once again hilarious how teams stretch the definition of "reserve driver".

Juicy Bob

F1.com just refunded the £19.99 that I paid for the yearly subscription even though I haven't tried to cancel it or anything.

I can only assume they didn't mean to until the trial period was on up. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's happened to anyone else.

DD

Since some people showed interest in watching the Brazilian Stock Car race tomorrow, this is the starting grid. The green ones are guest drivers for the inaugural race. Piquet Jr set the pole with an amazing lap. It's incredible how that guy can drive anything. Sad that he didn't had a proper chance in F1.

sc.jpg

The race will be held at the Goiania racetrack, and will start at 10:30 local time (01:30 pm GMT). For people outside Brazil, you'll probably find some livestream. Search for "Globo TV livestreaming", or "SporTV Livestreaming". These are the channels that will show the race live.

Since some people showed interest in watching the Brazilian Stock Car race tomorrow, this is the starting grid. The green ones are guest drivers for the inaugural race. Piquet Jr set the pole with an amazing lap. It's incredible how that guy can drive anything. Sad that he didn't had a proper chance in F1.

The race will be held at the Goiania racetrack, and will start at 10:30 local time (01:30 pm GMT). For people outside Brazil, you'll probably find some livestream. Search for "Globo TV livestreaming", or "SporTV Livestreaming". These are the channels that will show the race live.

I absolutely have to tune into this. Thanks from the stream tips!

It's a shame what happened to Piquet Jr at F1, the dude is a good driver and one of the best guys to interview, it's always interesting to read what he has to say, he knows a lot about engines and shares some cool impressions about the racing world.

Gruso

F1.com just refunded the £19.99 that I paid for the yearly subscription even though I haven't tried to cancel it or anything.

I can only assume they didn't mean to until the trial period was on up. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's happened to anyone else.
Interesting. They seem to have fixed the account issues in part - I'm on the free trial, and I'm no longer getting the "problem with your account" error on logging in. I can see all the 'premium' tabs of live timing now.

They still don't have account management pages though, which is disconcerting. I don't like the fact that I've given my CC details, and don't have access to cancel should I want to. I've spoken to billing@Formula1.com, which hasn't been very helpful.

Shaneus

Cheering for Mark Winterbottom, eh? :)
Certainly not for Villeneuve ;)

To be honest, had no idea it was a guest race. I just want to try watching something completely different to V8 Supercars, F1 and Formula E. And to root a little bit for Rubens :)

Spookie

To be honest, had no idea it was a guest race. I just want to try watching something completely different to V8 Supercars, F1 and Formula E. And to root a little bit for Rubens :)

Well BTCC starts up again soon. That always turns in to a destruction derby in the first meeting. :D

Mastah

Boss™AntonioBoselli ‏@antonioboselli 5m5 minutes ago

Alonso passed preliminary medical tests in England, on Thursday he will undergo FIA test to be cleared to race #skymotori

Sadly I didn't get a chance to see the Brazilian Stock Car race today, but it sounds like it was a terrific event. Results

I'm just reading through some of the driver comments from the day. Guess who said this?

"Some drivers made stupid moves, trying to bang the car the whole time. When someone does it to me this way, I give it back in the same fashion. It is this simple. I’m a fighter on track and I like to play it fair. But it takes a lot of time in the end of the day. Anyway, it was really fun out there and I am sure this fight on television was really good for the fans to watch".

JV

Too easy, right?

Without turning criminal, I can't think of another athlete who my opinion of has changed so dramatically. 20 years ago you would have thought this kid could walk on water. Now all he does is drown.

DD

Sadly I didn't get a chance to see the Brazilian Stock Car race today, but it sounds like it was a terrific event. Results

I'm just reading through some of the driver comments from the day. Guess who said this?

JV

Too easy, right?

Without turning criminal, I can't think of another athlete who my opinion of has changed so dramatically. 20 years ago you would have thought this kid could walk on water. Now all he does is drown.

This is what happened: https://youtu.be/1UJlYpt_eRs?t=1m27s

The other guy is Antonio Perez, Sergio's brother, LOL. Rafael Suzuki must be really happy to what Perez did with his car.
EDIT: they'll probably fit Scott Speed in Perez's place next year. He asked to race, but it was too late to find him a seat.

I also laughed at Felix da Costa holding up very well a Red Bull car for a place in the podium.

Lach

So has the China National Chemical Corporation already announced what compounds their tires will be in Malaysia?

Mastah

McLaren-Honda is pleased to announce that, subject to a successful final FIA medical assessment this Thursday 26th March at the Sepang International Circuit, Fernando Alonso will return to the cockpit of his MP4-30 car for this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix.

While there was nothing evident in the extensive car telemetry data, nor anything abnormal in the subsequent reconstructions and laboratory tests, Fernando recalls a sense of ‘heavy’ steering prior to the accident. Consequently, the team has fitted an additional sensor to the car, to increase our data capture.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/fernando-alonso-to-return-to-the-cockpit-in-malaysia/

Lach

While there was nothing evident in the extensive car telemetry data, nor anything abnormal in the subsequent reconstructions and laboratory tests, Fernando recalls a sense of ‘heavy’ steering prior to the accident. Consequently, the team has fitted an additional sensor to the car, to increase our data capture.

Oh so if the car malfunctions and crashes again, at least we might be able to find out why!

JV

Too easy, right?

I watched the race, it was nice. A shame what happened to the AMG car (Abreu/Piquet Jr.), the team was so confident after the pole. The fire probably ruined some parts of the car.

But that Villeneuve vs. Perez fight was amazing. lol

Dilly

Banned
But for now Renault needs to get its finger out and spend its tokens on the right things to improve the performance, and Red Bull needs to shut up and get on with its development otherwise Toro Rosso is going to blow it away with the same power unit.

Hah, that Gary Anderson bluntness.

Top Bottom