• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Zeknurn

@VirginRacingFE: Hey @OneDirection - Still need that fifth member? #OneDirection
NYU1QDR.png

Lol. A brilliant parody.

FI are delusional if they think RB changing their minds is anything to do with saving money which is why it was voted on.

RB really are showing their true whiny colours. It's a shame Ricciardo drives for them, he's the only saving grace at this stage.
Too bad Ricciardo and Wibbah couldn't drive for the same team.

Mastah

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 7m7 minutes ago

BOT added that it happened under braking for Melbourne's Turn 13 and it felt like he'd been stabbed in the back

So not on kerbs as was suggested.

Chris Medland ‏@ChrisMedlandF1 40s40 seconds ago

Alonso also says: "I don't know if you've seen the video but even a hurricane would not move the car at that sort of speed" #F1

But McLaren said it was gust of wind!!!1

Yep, Alonso contradicting almost everything Mclaren said. Even the whole "I thought I was 13/driving for Ferrari".

About Marussia from Bernie:

“We will deduct the race they missed from the prize-money,” he said. “They will miss one 19th of it and they are going to get a bill for the free travel that we gave them.”

Leonsito

I expect McLaren to reach the midfield, It's been two weeks since Aus, surely they wont have the car in the same engine-save mode, I guess they will allow more power...

Hammer24

Banned
I expect McLaren to reach the midfield, It's been two weeks since Aus, surely they wont have the car in the same engine-save mode, I guess they will allow more power...

I wonder when reality is going to settle in...
- Every other team developed their car further over the winter. MCL couldn´t, because they essentially had to build a new one for a new PU. And last years basis wasn´t exactly something to write home about.
- Every other PU manufacturer developed their PU further over the winter. Honda didn´t, because its their first try.
- MCL went from the clear cut best PU in the business to a rookie one.
Now please someone tell me where, aside from wishful thinking, the magical step to the top should come from so soon.

So Williams now have a test driver (Wolff), a development driver (Lynn) and a reserve driver (Sutil). WHY?!

Because they can! :)

Alonso and Bottas passed FIA tests. Good to see them both back for the race.
Alonso will probably get more mileage riding the scooter back from his DNF than he will in the car.
I wonder when reality is going to settle in...
- Every other team developed their car further over the winter. MCL couldn´t, because they essentially had to build a new one for a new PU. And last years basis wasn´t exactly something to write home about.
- Every other PU manufacturer developed their PU further over the winter. Honda didn´t, because its their first try.
- MCL went from the clear cut best PU in the business to a rookie one.
Now please someone tell me where, aside from wishful thinking, the magical step to the top should come from so soon.
McLaren will take that massive step to the front as soon as Ron finds this guy:
12ee08_e45209ca61eb4f4ba5e6962516547c35.jpg_256

Mastah

“I think we will have a good gain in performance, but still I think we will be right at the back and I am not sure we will be able to race anyone,” Button told Sky Sports News HQ.

but it seems in Australia they were too conservative with their power unit settings:

“For us it was always going to be difficult, in winter testing we only did 12 laps so to get stable temperatures in 12 laps is very difficult so maybe in the race we were cooler than expected, but it is too late then.”

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/2...mclaren-will-still-be-at-the-back-in-malaysia

Also:

"There will be a good chunk in terms of performance and it comes from the power unit and in terms of cooling but also in terms of aerodynamics as we have got some new parts on the car, which will help.

"You could get the snowball effect where suddenly you find more time than you expect because things start working and fall into place, which is exactly what I'm hoping happens.'

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118212

Which is hilarious really... because it was particularly cold for an Australia race. They'd better be praying that Malaysia is REALLY cold for a Malaysia race.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't see anything that screams "doctored". On the contrary, it all looks very raw and rough:

Yeah. Given that screenshots are usually taken with all eye candy maxed out, these shots look somewhat underwhelming. Not bad, but also not jaw-dropping.

Top Bottom