• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Fernando Alonso "steps" below Sebastian Vettel?
Are we just going to pretend like him beating Schumacher and the Ferrari machine on pure merit didnt happen? And disregard the fact hes the best wheel to wheel racer of the last 15 years?

While it's hard to say anything about Alonso's this year battling equally against Schumacher during his prime doesn't really say anything about current standings of the drivers. I mean otherwise you should put Kimi to the same class and well he isn't in that class anymore lol.

spuckthew

:Jnc What did he say?

Just saying shit like how he's never made an error like that before ever (regarding his off-track), and kept repeating the word 'aggressive' in the context of the start between himself and Hamilton. But like his tone was soooooo mad. Not a happy bunny.

Donos

TimelyGroundedGrayreefshark.gif

Wait so Hamilton isn't being an asshole for throwing the hat at his teammate but Rosberg is a child for throwing it back?

what was insulting in throwing the hat in his lap? he didn't threw it at his head or something.

Alonso can get the best out of any car. Sebastian doesnt adapt as fast to cars that dont suit his driving style. I offer you last year as evidence.

I give you his McLaren years where gets beaten by his teammates. All that getting out of any car.

Talking about Alonso's performance is like talking about Senna. People are just shouting the same phrases and there is absolutely no way that he didn't "get the best ouf any car".

what was insulting in throwing the hat in his lap? he didn't threw it at his head or something.

Neither did Rosberg though.

A dumbass Ferrari pit decision cost Alonso the title a five years back, in the last race. That gift wrapped the title to Vettal.

Both should be on 3 titles.

spuckthew

When I was first saw the clip, I did find it a little odd that Hamilton attempted to give Rosberg the cap. Usually drivers grab their cap themselves. He probably didn't mean anything by it, but it sure looks like Hamilton was implying something. Probably exacerbated by the events of the race and what it resulted in.

I give you his McLaren years where gets beaten by his teammates. All that getting out of any car.

Talking about Alonso's performance is like talking about Senna. People are just shouting the same phrases and there is absolutely no way that he didn't "get the best ouf any car".

Neither did Rosberg though.
Alonso and Ham tied for points in 07. Besides, he drove well considering Ron Dennis and the team were basically against him and pro Lewis by the halfway point of the season. What a disingenuous comparison.

When I was first saw the clip, I did find it a little odd that Hamilton attempted to give Rosberg the cap. Usually drivers grab their cap themselves. He probably didn't mean anything by it, but it sure looks like Hamilton was implying something.

Third place hat would have been pretty evill .

Alonso and Ham tied for points in 07. Besides, he drove well considering Ron Dennis and the team were basically against him and pro Lewis by the halfway point of the season.

Lol, Ron Dennis. That evil asshole he just came back?

When I was first saw the clip, I did find it a little odd that Hamilton attempted to give Rosberg the cap. Usually drivers grab their cap themselves. He probably didn't mean anything by it, but it sure looks like Hamilton was implying something.
Well it doesn't look like Nico is going to get out of his chair any time soon does it?

Reading way too much into it. Lewis dishes them all out, you can see he passes the 3rd place one to Seb as well.

Lunar FC

If a competitor had just beaten me at something and threw something at me right after Id probably do more to retaliate that Rosberg did. But that's just me personally.

But i'm glad to see, if nothing else, an entertaining race in Austin. Hope I can catch the race there next year.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well it doesn't look like Nico is going to get out of his chair any time soon does it?

Reading way too much into it. Lewis dishes them all out, you can see he passes the 3rd place one to Seb as well.

Yep. Rosberg was being a sore loser, even though he never had a chance of becoming WDC anyways. Lewis just threw him the hat, he threw it back with all the rage he had in him. :D

Zeknurn

Pretty great race.

Bring on 2017 for some real competition at the front.

Yeah... we'll see about that.

When Stewart said Hamilton might go on to win 6 championships with his superior car I did the Alonsobrazilstare gif.

Save us Bernie.
Give Red Bull the v6's with twin turbos, refueling and lets kickstart the next championship.

John_B

I like how people are arguing over the hat throwing. Big deal. If Rosberg had thrown a sofa from the podium I might would have considered his reaction unprofessional.

Ennosuke

A dumbass Ferrari pit decision cost Alonso the title a five years back, in the last race. That gift wrapped the title to Vettal.

Both should be on 3 titles.

lol?

You know it was the season where Vettel had to retire from many races, because of his car. And who was the one who gained many points because of it? Alonso ... so in the end Alonso had bad luck in this one race, but was lucky the whole season.

Ricciardo looked sensational early in the race. Shame the RBR cars fell off so dramatically once the track dried. He can go toe to toe with anyone on the grid, given a competitive package.

Igo

Did Montoya just say that Rosberg is much faster and Lewis struggles when behind? Dude must be watching a different F1 and Lewis from the rest of us.

Did Montoya just say that Rosberg is much faster and Lewis struggles when behind? Dude must be watching a different F1 and Lewis from the rest of us.

Well, Hamilton wasn't pretty impressive today. He was lucky with the two safety cars, even if it doesn't change that he was much better than Rosberg this year.

Zeknurn

He said Rosberg can be as fast as Hamilton and I'm pretty sure we've all seen what happens what happens with Hamilton when things aren't going perfectly for him.

Did Montoya say anything about Le Mans?

Paraphrasing: not next year and he's happy where he is.

The Rosberg salt is awesome. For how many times he's choked the past 2 years he sure takes this all personally! He outraced Lewis, what, once the entire year? Needs a sense of humor if he's going to be staying on as the #2. That or go raw evil. Make it interesting at least! Webber had the advantage of being a likable guy.

The turn 1 incident was interesting. Should Hamilton be doing that? Probably not. But when you mentally dominate your teammate you get to. Rosberg has the choice to turn harder and force a crash that would be 100% Lewis' fault if he wanted to, but he's so intimated that he just doesn't. He's a mess. Okay, maybe not 100? The two were exactly even going into the corner so I'd say they both have the right to whatever they can grab, but Hamilton is the clear aggressor and would have been penalized were there any damage.

Ricciardo looked sensational early in the race. Shame the RBR cars fell off so dramatically once the track dried. He can go toe to toe with anyone on the grid, given a competitive package.

RBR was likely on a wet-ter setup. They were really dialled in with the inters, but really slow once the track dried up and they switched on to the softs.

Well, Hamilton wasn't pretty impressive today. He was lucky with the two safety cars, even if it doesn't change that he was much better than Rosberg this year.

Hamilton struggled, just like anyone today due to the lack of running. He was the fastest man in the last third of the race, whilst Rosberg was the fastest man in the second third, and Ricciardo the fastest man in the first third.

Oh, and by the way, the safety cars went both ways, but ultimately, ROS was the winner given that they did not stack Lewis and made him do another lap at VSC pace. Rosberg was basically handed a free pitstop. That's why ROS was so pissed off at the end, as Ted Kravitz pointed out. Mercedes, and the VSC, gave him a winning strategy and he blew it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Seems like I missed hell of a race. Congratulations Lewis! I hope I can watch a recording tomorrow.

RBR was likely on a wet-ter setup. They were really dialled in with the inters, but really slow once the track dried up and they switched on to the softs.

Hamilton struggled, just like anyone today due to the lack of running. He was the fastest man in the last third of the race, whilst Rosberg was the fastest man in the second third, and Ricciardo the fastest man in the first third.

Oh, and by the way, the safety cars went both ways, but ultimately, ROS was the winner given that they did not stack Lewis and made him do another lap at VSC pace. Rosberg was basically handed a free pitstop. That's why ROS was so pissed off at the end, as Ted Kravitz pointed out. Mercedes, and the VSC, gave him a winning strategy and he blew it.

lol, what?

Hamilton was the clearly winner of the visual and real safety car phase. I'm not even sure how anyone can argue something else.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Wait so Hamilton isn't being an asshole for throwing the hat at his teammate but Rosberg is a child for throwing it back?

He was just distributing the caps to the other two, what's wrong with that? If anything it was nice of him to give it to Rosberg like he gives it to Vettel afterwards before taking his own.

lol, what?

Hamilton was the clearly winner of the visual and real safety car phase. I'm not even sure how anyone can argue something else.

What?

Lewis lost 6 seconds of his lead to Vettel (from 10s to 4s), and Rosberg was only 10 seconds behind him after the VSC. ROS was the BIG winner of the VSC, effectively got a pitstop at half "price".

The last VSC allowed Lewis to put some fresh rubber, but still was behind Nico (whom he would have overtaken on track without the VSC/SC as ROS was struggling with his tyres), which meant they were back to where they were before the 2nd VSC (referred to above). Meaning that, in the end, nobody really won or lost out and it was to be fought on track, and Nico effectively choked.

Top Bottom