• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Chris R

what does this mean? what person waits 2,5 hours for a shuttle for a short ride? were you like 20km away? is it an ontrack shuttle?

you can walk 10k in 2,5h easily.
sorry i dont get this.
Short ride? This was the shuttle from the track back downtown, 15 miles at least. And the track is surrounded by freeways walking would be crazy.

And I didn't think it was going to be 2.5 hours when I got in line. The line just was longer than I thought and wasn't moving very fast

I've never actually got in a queue to leave an F1 circuit and got to the end within an hour on race day, though 2.5 hours sounds particularly bad.

I imagine some of the shitty middle east tracks will be a breeze for it as there's fuck all fans generally.

Chris R

I've never actually got in a queue to leave an F1 circuit and got to the end within an hour on race day, though 2.5 hours sounds particularly bad.

I imagine some of the shitty middle east tracks will be a breeze for it as there's fuck all fans generally.
Oh it shouldn't have been that bad, just poor origination. Buses leaving 2/3 full, terrible road situation around the track, etc.

Next time I'm paying for parking.

Line_HTX

Oh it shouldn't have been that bad, just poor origination. Buses leaving 2/3 full, terrible road situation around the track, etc.

Next time I'm paying for parking.

COTA is relatively close to the city, right? I imagine it's an easy drive from downtown.

Is it to the south of Austin?

dubc35

Seems about right

KIE7ZH5.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Won't get any closer to a 10/10, really. Constant action, never dull, plenty of position changes and constant battles on-track up and down the field.

Won't get any closer to a 10/10, really. Constant action, never dull, plenty of position changes and constant battles on-track up and down the field.

For me the main reason it wasn't a 10 was because of the nature of most of the passes. Virtually all of them were at the end of DRS zones.

I'm not really sure about that. He looked like a fool at times in 2003 and 2005, when he had the best car/competetive car, but had to actually race against other people. It also happened on few occasions in 2004 and 2006, so I don't buy this excuse. If he was making these mistakes at 34-37 in great cars, then why is it a surprise that when he returned to Mercedes, which wasn't a top car, and under new regulations which brought back actual racing rather than sprints he so excelled in, Schumi made the same clumsy errors while racing other drivers?

People forget Schumacher was dominating in specific era. Sprint racing, tailor made tyres, other drivers testing parts and set-ups solely for him, not really competetive grid. Then bam, he returns in 2010 and there's no refuelling, tyres are the same for everyone, there's no testing so he has to do all set-up work on his own during 3 practice sessions and there are 5 other champions and 7 race winners sporting over 110 victories.

He's basically a vegetable :(
Except hed distinguished himself before his first Ferrari titles. Jerez and Adelaide aside, he was the top driver on the grid from 94 to 2000 and fought better than anyone else against superior Williams' and Mclarens.
I love how everyone always likes to ignore the first third of Schumacher's career (and when they do mention it, they only bring up Adelaide and Jerez) and home in on the second stint in the early 2000s, bemoaning his lack of competition, as if the incredible victories in the preceding half decade in a super competitive field dont count when evaluating his talent as a driver.
edit: I blame it on the British press, who have been grinding their axe against Michael since 94, as they did with Senna in the 80s.

Chris R

COTA is relatively close to the city, right? I imagine it's an easy drive from downtown.

Is it to the south of Austin?
It's south east of the city/airport, about 15 miles away. It is an easy drive, just heavy traffic and too few lanes to deal with the one major event that happens at the track every year.

Calling the 2005 Ferrari competetive is quite something. Without that Michelin fuckup in Indianapolis the Ferrari would had never won a race.

That he was third in the standings beating at least one way superior Renault and McLaren was impressive.

TCRS

Banned
damn what a race. poor alonso. and great effort by vettel.

pro tip: don't try to watch two exciting sport events at the same time. I was trying to watch the race and NFL (jets at patriots) at the same time and didn't really watch anything. I'll have to rewatch the pats game too.

Line_HTX

damn what a race. poor alonso. and great effort by vettel.

pro tip: don't try to watch two exciting sport events at the same time. I was trying to watch the race and NFL (jets at patriots) at the same time and didn't really watch anything. I'll have to rewatch the pats game too.

Where do you live?

As for me, Houston is beyond Absolutely Disgusting. No basic fundamentals and they flat out don't care. I'm happy I raged quit 30 minutes before the start of the race for one heck of a show. Very unfortunate about Alonso though, I thought he would not get a DNF. I recorded the Belgian one and I believe he DNF at the start or something? Someone please correct me.

This Alexander Rossi is very interesting. Should be cool to see next season.

Fox Mulder

Wish I could access this someway in USA. I'm stuck with 720p 60fps rips, I'd pay for it too..

me too. NBC Sports coverage is shit and filled with commercials.

Even the Sky broadcasts people seem to hate is glorious compared to what the US gets. In depth pre race coverage, interviews, and better commentary.

This Alexander Rossi is very interesting. Should be cool to see next season.
I honestly thought he was a journeyman from GP2, but I don't follow it that well.

Even the Sky broadcasts people seem to hate is glorious compared to what the US gets. In depth pre race coverage, interviews, and better commentary.
NBC was god awful during the race, they have more commercials than NBCSN. They cut to their interview with Permane and Matchett right when Hamilton was about to overtake Kyvat.

Mastah

Except hed distinguished himself before his first Ferrari titles. Jerez and Adelaide aside, he was the top driver on the grid from 94 to 2000 and fought better than anyone else against superior Williams' and Mclarens.
I love how everyone always likes to ignore the first third of Schumacher's career (and when they do mention it, they only bring up Adelaide and Jerez) and home in on the second stint in the early 2000s, bemoaning his lack of competition, as if the incredible victories in the preceding half decade in a super competitive field dont count when evaluating his talent as a driver.
edit: I blame it on the British press, who have been grinding their axe against Michael since 94, as they did with Senna in the 80s.

You categorically said 2010-12 Schumacher wasn't 1994-2006 Schumacher because he suddenly was crashing into other drivers and wasn't getting the same results as before, like these are the ultimate reasons explaining the difference.

Which is unfair because it omits samples of bad driving from his first career and completely different circumstances he found himself in those last 3 years.

Calling the 2005 Ferrari competetive is quite something. Without that Michelin fuckup in Indianapolis the Ferrari would had never won a race.

That he was third in the standings beating at least one way superior Renault and McLaren was impressive.

Competitive doesn't mean race winning for me, so yes, 2005 Ferrari was a competitive car ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TCRS

Banned
Where do you live?

Germany. I watch bbc through hola. and german tv shows two NFL games every week, this week thankfully the pats game and then oakland at san diego lmao. they actually switched to cowboys vs. giants because of that clusterfuck of a game but looking at the score it looks like SD had a decent comeback.

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: The FIA has now formally announced its push for a low budget 2017 'client' engine

It's going to happen?

@adamcooperF1: Unusually the FIA has officially confirmed that Ferrari used its veto on any cap on prices of current engines
@adamcooperF1: A move that played into Bernie and Todt's hands as it gave them a reason to put the alternative engine plan out there officially

dubc35

This. Sky is amazing compared to NBCSN. I think NBCSN could be a lot better with different commentators. They're just terrible. Hobbs (is that the older one?) freaks out during replays(!) a couple times per GP. It's just pathetic.

I was planning on tweeting to them (NBC) how bad it is and they should be benchmarking Sky and BBC coverage. However, I then realized they really don't need to do anything. They have the license so besides VPN/streams/torrents they are guaranteed to get the US audience.

fake edit
I don't even like Rosberg. But everybody in here ripping him for being frustrated and disappointed is just dumb.
Feeling that way and wearing it on your sleeve are a bit different. Besides I think most people in here are having fun with it; not genuinely hating the guy.

Line_HTX

So, Ferrari wants to go unimpeded?

I don't understand this veto.

Sorry, this is the first time I'm following this sport deep behind the scenes.

Competitive doesn't mean race winning for me, so yes, 2005 Ferrari was a competitive car ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And that he was beating at least two championship winning cars in that competitive caris supposed to prove what exactly? At least not that he lost it at the end of his Ferrari career.

Zeknurn

Looks to me that they want to be able to spend to catch Mercedes, and if they spend, they'll pass some of the cost on to their engine customers.

Yeah this is most likely the case.

“The FIA, in agreement with FOM, suggested the principle of setting a maximum price for engine and gear box for client teams at the last Strategy Group meeting,” said the statement.

“These measures were put to the vote and adopted with a large majority. However, Ferrari SpA decided to go against this and exercise the right of veto long recognised under agreements governing F1.

“In the interest of the Championship, the FIA has decided not to legally challenge Ferrari SpA’s use of its right of veto.”

A proposal had been agreed among a majority of teams to limit the cost of engines to $12 million for current specification power units and $8 million for year-old ones.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-veto-led-to-fia-push-for-standard-f1-engine/

Good thing Ive actually watched the races from that year. The first few races, Ferrari wasnt even using their 05 car, it was a modified 2004 car. Second, the Bridgestone tyres took longer to get up to peak operating temperatures, which made the Ferraris a pretty rough handle after any safety car restart. As has been stated, it was achievement for Schumacher to get that fucking package 3rd place in the WDC, because Montoya and Fisichella had better cars.

Top Bottom