• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DD

Good, that it didn't get the Hockenheim treatment :/

I miss you my friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8YQHDwUKik

It's not too late. That can be provided:

hermann-tilke.jpg

*pukes hard*

Chris R

The Formula E race is in like ~3 hours right? Want to make sure I record the correct thing since the TV listing says FIA World Endurance Championship...

I know that we complain about the shit show that some F1 races are, but I don't remember when I felt so robbed of a fight for P1 like with this Moto GP race. What a load of bullshit.

Ce-Lin

I know that we complain about the shit show that some F1 races are, but I don't remember when I felt so robbed of a fight for P1 like with this Moto GP race. What a load of bullshit.

lol don't be salty, Lorenzo - Márquez and Pedrosa were too fast for Rossi, doesn't matter whether Rossi would have started from pole today or not, Lorenzo was imperial, Rossi could only overtake the slow machineries then did blood out to the quick Spaniards, not a single lap as quick as them, bravo España !

spuckthew

What happened?

I only caught the last 12 laps, but it looked like Marquez had the pace to overtake and pull away from Lorenzo...but didn't. Call me a cynic, but I reckon he stayed behind on purpose and only pulled his finger out enough in the last few laps to stop Pedrosa from spoiling the party. The fact Pedrosa even caught them up suggests Lorenzo was losing pace, yet Marquez was constantly .2-3 behind.

lol don't be salty, Lorenzo - Márquez and Pedrosa were too fast for Rossi, doesn't matter whether Rossi would have started from pole today or not, Lorenzo was imperial, Rossi could only overtake the slow machineries then did blood out to the quick Spaniards, not a single lap as quick as them, bravo España !

I didn't care for the title fight. Marquez was more than fast enough to take Lorenzo, but didn't. It was a fabricated podium.

I only caught the last 12 laps, but it looked like Marquez had the pace to overtake and pull away from Lorenzo...but didn't. Call me a cynic, but I reckon he stayed behind on purpose and only pulled his finger out enough in the last few laps to stop Pedrosa from spoiling the party. The fact Pedrosa even caught them up suggests Lorenzo was losing pace, yet Marquez was constantly .2-3 behind.

Pretty much.

Ce-Lin

Márquez put immense pressure on Lorenzo, that was not a way to gift anything and he didn't let Lorenzo win anything, Márquez was this close to cause and accident with Pedrosa and make Rossi champion so please... Lorenzo was just that imperial and incredible to keep the Hondas behind, Rossi diluted and got lost once all his friends let him past and he was in P4 not running a single lap as fast as the Spaniards in p1-p2-p3, he's not the Champion he used to be.

spuckthew

Márquez put immense pressure on Lorenzo, that was not a way to gift anything and he didn't let Lorenzo win anything, Márquez was this close to cause and accident with Pedrosa and make Rossi champion so please... Lorenzo was just that imperial and incredible to keep the Hondas behind, Rossi diluted and got lost once all his friends let him past and he was in P4 not running a single lap as fast as the Spaniards in p1-p2-p3, he's not the Champion he used to be.

Lorenzo rode an incredible and mentally challenging race today and I take nothing away from his victory or championship, but the fact Marquez didn't even attempt a pass when he was constantly 0.2 behind is not putting on "immense pressure". It was a very safe and clean race. Suspenseful, but no drama.

Business

heh, immense pressure you say...
It's a shame, this championship didn't deserve such a lame end.

Ce-Lin

Lorenzo rode an incredible and mentally challenging race today and I take nothing away from his victory or championship, but the fact Marquez didn't even attempt a pass when he was constantly 0.2 behind is not putting on "immense pressure".

at least he didn't let Lorenzo past as some Italians did with Rossi : )

edit: according to Márquez he was waiting for the last laps to attack Lorenzo but the battle with Pedrosa ruined everything, are you a world champion like he is to come and dispute what he's claiming ? Bravo Lorenzo ! Bravo España !

also the pressure of riding almost one hour with Márquez just this close to you during all the race is tough (on top of everything that happened with Rossi), ok enough off-topic from me, congrats Lorenzo / Spain.

frontieruk

Márquez said prior to the race he would only make a clean pass, not one that could risk Lorenzo's title chances, so yes he stayed behind, but he also played with Rossi's head by advertising it, Rossi made this situation himself he created animosity with Márquez over Australia when there really wasn't anything untoward, that dragged to Malaysia where Márquez followed Rossi's mentality of if you get passed you attack straight back to so the guy pulling away, I know I'm in the minority but I feel Rossi got of lightly and should of lost his points for that race as well as the grid penalty for this race.

Jezbollah

Oh god, hate from Rossi fans is amazing

After spending the last two weeks complaining about Marquez getting involved with a championship contender over aggressively in Sepang (Rossi), they're now throwing their toys out of the pram for him NOT doing that in Valencia (Lorenzo).

You couldn't make it up.

Leonsito

Well, that's the point, the only riders that MM attacked in this past races were Rossi and Pedrosa, he's just a spoiled brat that had to put his nose between two riders fighting for a championship.

And then he goes and blames on Pedrosa that he wasn't able to win today, what a load of crap.

Marquez confirmed all the things Rossi said about him, and instead of getting a 1-2 for Honda today he just gifted a Yamaha win, fantastic.

Nothing wrong to say about Lorenzo because he's a fair winner of the championship.

frontieruk

Well, that's the point, the only riders that MM attacked in this past races were Rossi and Pedrosa, he's just a spoiled brat that had to put his nose between two riders fighting for a championship.

And then he goes and blames on Pedrosa that he wasn't able to win today, what a load of crap.

Marquez confirmed all the things Rossi said about him, and instead of getting a 1-2 for Honda today he just gifted a Yamaha win, fantastic.

Nothing wrong to say about Lorenzo because he's a fair winner of the championship.

So he didn't pass Lorenzo in Australia? he didn't get a chance to attack Lorenzo in Sepang, Rossi has made a career of hard passes and made his biggest impact of popularity when he was on a bike that was the Merc of its time, he never really had to ride the Honda RC211V to its limits let alone his, Australia 2003 proved how much he had in the bag, his fans seem to for get he generally used to drop 5/6 places off the the start and work his way back to the front, his race ethic had to change with the Yamaha YZR-M1, he didn't drop back so deep off the start and had to over ride the bike, but the real changes started in 07 with the new 800cc bikes which brought a smoother riding style to the class, more akin to that of the 250class it was this period where Rossi got renowned for snapping straight back after being passed to ruin the other riders rhythm before they could pull away.

Rossi is probably the greatest motorcycle racer I'll see in my lifetime, but his fanatical fans forget he pulled dirty moves throughout his career and he's far from the angel they seem to be making him out to be from running sete off track multiple times, dangerous passes in the middle of corners forcing riders to sit up. Even screwing with riders rhythm, so if anyone is to blame IF MM did what Rossi accused him of it's Rossi, as these riders grew up watching and learning from him. /rant

Anyway sad to see this MotoGP season over and I'll be sadder to say goodbye to the drama of F1

Maybe something to do with hammering his tyres to get past everyone?

Marquez was never going to attempt to get past Lorenzo. He said it himself that he wasn't going to overtake if there was a risk of colliding with Lorenzo.

It didn't stop him taking risks in Sepang though.

Please. Just stop.

This title means nothing, it's a fabricated worthless title which Rossi had to complete the final race with an arm tied behind his back.

Jezbollah

Simple fact is if Rossi hadnt dumped Marquez on his arse he would likely be world champion right now. Collusion or not, Rossi lost the chance he had of winning the championship, where as Lorenzo won the most races and lead the most laps even before Valencia.

Ce-Lin

Please. Just stop.

This title means nothing, it's a fabricated worthless title which Rossi had to complete the final race with an arm tied behind his back.

oh.my.god.how.salty.can.you.be

stop what ?

Rossi is the one who must stop being such a self-entitled idiot, did he forget Márquez took 7 points off Lorenzo in Australia ? had Márquez wanted Lorenzo to win so badly then he wouldn't have overtaken him there, he's a fair player, but don't expect him to risk anything for a mentally ill guy that put his life in danger in both Argentina and Sepang and then blames everyone but himself (basically: "he put his head on my knee")

please...

do read this and repeat it to yourself until you calm down

GP Wins in 2014-2015 MotoGP season

Lorenzo: 7 wins
Márquez: 5 wins
Rossi: 4 wins

who is the deserved champion ? did Rossi compete with a "tied arm" all year ? he's just a sore loser who put in danger the life of Márquez in Argentina and Sepang then proceeded to blame others than himself for his wrongdoings, look at the numbers, he's no match for the Spaniards, he's the deserved LOSER, he benefited from Italian riders letting him past then complains about Márquez not risking anything to overtake Lorenzo, aw.... how cute, poor LOSER.

Just stop defending the slowest of the trio, look at the numbers, they say it all. You have to learn to winning with grace and losing with dignity, Rossi showed no dignity whatsoever, he lost all respect, end of story.

frontieruk

Maybe something to do with hammering his tyres to get past everyone?

Marquez was never going to attempt to get past Lorenzo. He said it himself that he wasn't going to overtake if there was a risk of colliding with Lorenzo.

It didn't stop him taking risks in Sepang though.

Please. Just stop.

Read the quote below... This man understands, Rossi lost he right to complain when he pushed MM off his bike, Argentina I say was MM fault he was never getting through the series of corners along side another bike, but Sepang is on Rossi, which leads us to today and the situation that Honda will of said we want to win but do not risk Lorenzo's championship, thus the I'll only pass cleanly and the reason he would of left it to the end so he could break and not have to fight, Pedrosa just made it easier to let Lorenzo get away.

Simple fact is if Rossi hadnt dumped Marquez on his arse he would likely be world champion right now. Collusion or not, Rossi lost the chance he had of winning the championship, where as Lorenzo won the most races and lead the most laps even before Valencia.

stop what ?

Rossi is the one who must stop being such a self-entitled idiot, did he forget Márquez took 7 points off Lorenzo in Australia ? had Márquez wanted Lorenzo to win so badly then he wouldn't have overtaken him there, he's a fair player, but don't expect him to risk anything for a mentally ill guy that put his life in danger in both Argentina and Sepang and then blames everyone but himself (basically: "he put his head on my knee")

please...

who is the deserved champion ? did Rossi compete with a "tied arm" all year ? he's just a sore loser who put in danger the life of Márquez in Argentina and Sepang then proceeded to blame others than himself for his wrongdoings, look at the numbers, he's no match for the Spaniards, he's the deserved LOSER, he benefited from Italian riders letting him past then complains about Márquez not risking anything to overtake Lorenzo, aw.... how cute, poor LOSER.

Just stop defending the slowest of the trio, look at the numbers, they say it all. You have to learn to winning with grace and losing with dignity, Rossi showed no dignity whatsoever, he lost all respect, end of story.

Business

stop what ?

please...

On the bolded, can we just put aside this yellow press bullishit please?

On the rest, you are full of hate.

frontieruk

On the bolded, can we just put aside this yellow press bullishit please?

Argentina no, that was on Márquez and he probably should of had a point on his license as he put Rossi in danger for trying a move in a stupid place, Sepang was all on Rossi, had he not used his knee he'd be champion mainly as he'd of been at the front for this race making it harder for Lorenzo to win it, but he chose to put MM at risk by using his knee when he's of known where his knee was likely to push against MM bike.

And for all the Rossi love there is also hate for all the bullshit he got away with across his career, I can almost see the grins on Sete, Max, Casey and a handful of other riders after the penalty was imposed and this race shook down like it did.

Ce-Lin

nope, just surprised anyone can defend Rossi on all his bs and pretend Márquez had a saying in the championship when he was the one kicked off track by Rossi himself (should have been disqualified so no shenanigans would have been played today in Valencia).

The only fact... numbers, 7, 5 and 4 wins, Rossi was just no match for the Spaniards, Márquez DID help Rossi in Australia (conveniently forgotten and ignored by Rossi's fans) by overtaking Lorenzo in the last laps, then Rossi proceeded to kick him miserably in Sepang instead of thanking him for the 7 points, he lost his mind and as of today he has not regained any sort of control over his head.

Zeknurn

"The possibility of collaborating with Red Bull regarding the development of the power unit is still a valid option, I continue to re-affirm that," said Marchionne, speaking at the Ferrari Finali Mondiali in Mugello.

"But it will not be in the context of Ferrari providing Red Bull with an equivalent engine to the one used by Ferrari in the races.

"The company is available to provide engineering and production services for an engine in a separate project for Red Bull, where Ferrari can commit to provide all its best in terms of engineering and give the chance to Red Bull and other manufacturers to have these engines.

"But they cannot be the same Ferrari engines that race on our cars."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-offers-red-bull-new-engine-idea/

Looks like the Aston Martin deal with Force India isn't done yet.

Having confirmed the talks, Fernley told F1i there are still no guarantees a deal will be completed.

“Two things: one is I think it’s a shareholder issue and is a discussion [that is ongoing] with Vijay,” Fernley said. “And secondly it is still a little way off.

“It’s got to be credit to the team that they are attracting such a great brand as Aston, even if it is just for discussions.”

http://en.f1i.com/news/32537-force-india-warns-aston-martin-deal-a-little-way-off.html

Ark

So, if I understood correctly, Ferrari would provide facilities to produce (factories) and engineering help to Red Bull which is doing it's own, seperate design of the engine?

Sounds like it, which is a fair deal if I'm honest. Sounds like its going to everyone.

Zeknurn

So, if I understood correctly, Ferrari would provide facilities to produce (factories) and engineering help to Red Bull which is doing it's own, seperate design of the engine?

That's right.

And any improvements made would most likely make their way into the Ferrari team engine.

Which means Red Bull has to decide between if they want to work on a shitty Renault engine or a better Ferrari engine but with Ferrari spying on them.

McLaren had to pay a one-off severance and restructuring fee of $54 million to Daimler for switching from its Mercedes engines to rival Honda this year.

Mystic Eddie was right then? Ronbo dumped Mercedes and pressured Honda to enter in 2015 instead of 2016.

2016 Honda will be a beast. Book it!

The financial statements for McLaren’s F1 team reveal that the group paid $15.1 million in “compensation for loss of office of a director” and it is understood that this was Mr Whitmarsh’s payoff.

Aiii

So not worth it
We've wanted a GP for years and years since the last one, but every time environmental parties win the fight and plans get cancelled.

Also, this is Zandvoort itself wanting the GP, not the government or anyone that could make it happen.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'd be happy for any new GP in Europe, not matter where. Don't like it that F1 has been slowly abandoning its home continent.

Top Bottom