• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ark

Idk why everyone is saying Alonso must be depressed, clearly him and Ferrari weren't getting along and I wouldn't be surprised if him leaving and the team becoming more harmonious is a big part as to why they seem to be more on-point now than since 2012.

Or I could be totally wrong, who knows :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Idk why everyone is saying Alonso must be depressed, clearly him and Ferrari weren't getting along and I wouldn't be surprised if him leaving and the team becoming more harmonious is a big part as to why they seem to be more on-point now than since 2012.

Or I could be totally wrong, who knows :D

Maybe Vettel is just point blank a better driver than Alonso and it's not the team, or the chemistry, that was at fault here?

Hasney

Maybe Vettel is just point blank a better driver than Alonso and it's not the team, or the chemistry, that was at fault here?

While I think it's more debatable than some people would give Seb credit for, I think there's no question that the Ferrari was a dog the years he was there. I would have like to have seen Seb and Fernando battle it out in the same car and I think it would have been pretty even.

Xando

Toto just said on sky germany they think there are going to be multiple thunderstorms in the race tomorrow. Could be a good one.

Aiii

So not worth it
While I think it's more debatable than some people would give Seb credit for, I think there's no question that the Ferrari was a dog the years he was there. I would have like to have seen Seb and Fernando battle it out in the same car and I think it would have been pretty even.

I honestly don't know. They've never been on even ground, but this has to be -by far- the best comparison we can make, this season will be very interesting in that sense by Vettel's performance alone. Hopefully McLaren and Honda get their shit together by next year. I would like to see Alonso in the front, at least he's a fighter.

Dilly

Banned

Everyone with a decent pair of eyes can see that the Ferrari of this year is just all round a decent car, especially compared to last year.

In the end, Vettel is doing what Alonso's been doing for the years he was at Ferrari. Being the best of the rest. That doesn't win you anything in the end.

Aiii

So not worth it
Everyone with a decent pair of eyes can see that the Ferrari of this year is just all round a decent car, especially compared to last year.

In the end, Vettel is doing what Alonso's been doing for the years he was at Ferrari. Being the best of the rest. That doesn't win you anything in the end.

To be fair, best of the rest still wins you quite a bit of money :D

Sloane

Banned
Toto just said on sky germany they think there are going to be multiple thunderstorms in the race tomorrow. Could be a good one.
Considering what happened last year and how heavy the rain usually falls in Malaysia, it probably would be the most boring race ever -- all safety car or delays, delays, delays.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wasn't getting caught up in the Verstapppen hype but he does look promising.

Well, his father was perhaps one of the best wet drivers to ever be in F1, at least we'll see tomorrow if that's genetic.

---
Lol at the Sky people finding out what a Limburger is and how calm they stay. Max is just sticking to our mentality heh.

Leonsito

What I don't understand is that Alonso (allegedly) saw this year car, and said that it wasn't better than last year, at least, according to spanish press (including friends like De La Rosa).

In the end, he knew that he wasn't going to win anywhere in 2015, so he went where he thinks he will have more options in 2016 for the WDC.

I also think, and there have been more opinions like this in the past years, that Alonso is maybe the fastest driver when the car is not good, he can extract 110% of midfield cars, but when the car is good, guys like Hamilton or Vettel are better. Also that he can't make a team work, he can be the #1, but not a very good team player.

Top Bottom