• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

tumblr_m30dk5ugOM1r0ugvj.gif

Check the Avengers thread on off-topic Chris. I had to steal that one because it's just perfect for us ;)

Saved. Perfection. And that picture where the caption says that Aunt Robin decided to join the Avengers, I almost died.

Koodo

Banned
How troubling that Ke¢ha seems to be the only one trying this year.

Her album will likely be SHIT, but at least it might be different shit.

Bladenic

How troubling that Ke¢ha seems to be the only one trying this year.

Her album will likely be SHIT, but at least it might be different shit.

Gerl please, Ke$ha's album sounds like she's legitimately trying to go for a different sound. And the girl can sing. And her beats and hooks never fail to be catchy. Everyone's faves need to be prepared. The animal is coming.

tumblr_lbkximtKAk1qa1xnko1_500.gif

Styles

Gerl please, Ke$ha's album sounds like she's legitimately trying to go for a different sound. And the girl can sing. And her beats and hooks never fail to be catchy. Everyone's faves need to be prepared. The animal is coming.

tumblr_lbkximtKAk1qa1xnko1_500.gif

The animal is coming?

kesha-590km0315.jpg

RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY

tumblr_m35lz0EhTO1qhc03eo1_500.gif

Koodo

Banned
But as Christina said before...
Now doll, you know the relationship Xtincta's career has with the word before.

I wonder if she consulted Raven Symone for the title of her 2008 Greatest Hits album Keeps Gettin' Better.

Step back, gonna come at you fast

auY6W.jpg

I'm drivin' out of control, I'm gettin' ready to crash

oOWzw.jpg

Won't stop shakin' up what I can

20120509-dj818kxki3ebky3haa2xi38f44.png

I serve it up in a shot, so suck it down like a man

ZAWB2.jpg

So baby, yes, I know what I am

Diw9l.jpg

And no I don't give a damn and you'll be lovin' it

20120509-sm63t2xfrbydq27a25m8n9q22.png

Hold on
It keeps gettin' better

iRlzHrqx22mig.gif

xoxo

iVxueclMM3tXG.gif

I haven't been here for Norah Jones since that one album that we all have but none of us will admit to, but I recently listened to her new album.

Norah-Jones-Little-Broken-Hearts.jpg

It was produced by Danger Mouse (who also produced The Black Keys' latest album) and maybe because of his input, this album seems a bit less DRAB than Come Away With Me. I like it in genral but it may still be too slow-paced for some of the more Top 40 dance-pop addicted members of this thread. Not naming any names of course.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

She's 22
Say Goodbye

In conclusion, it's OKAY. Fits in with most of this year's OKAY albums.

royalan

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
HOT SHIT ALERT!!!!
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

It's time to tell all your Summer faves to have SEVERAL seats, because Gwen Stefani and the No Doubts are coming to slay!

Yes, it indeed looks like they're finally crawling out of development hell with their latest masterpiece (#whenwillVersusXIII, #whenwillLeonaLewis), and via a youtube webisode we now know that the first single is a collaboration with Major Lazer (helmed by my Baby Daddy, Diplo), titled Push and Shove (Your Faves Reductive Careers).

You hoes better get that extra strength hair glue for them weaves and wigs, because by the sound of that preview No Doubt is poised and ready to SNATCH.

fljOn.gif

Mumei

How long has it been since their last moderately big hit? It feels like they've been gone since around 2005-ish?

I have a bad memory when it comes to these things, though.

Nemesis_

How long has it been since their last moderately big hit? It feels like they've been gone since around 2005-ish?

I have a bad memory when it comes to these things, though.

Pretty sure their last album was Rock Steady. Hey Baby was the lead single and was commercially succesful but not so much critically. Hella Good was also succesful, but not sure HOW succesful. Underneath It All was super succesful in the US but no where else. Running was apparently the fourth single but I don't remember.

Here for Gwen tbh. Beautiful and classy. Unlike.....others

royalan

Pretty sure their last album was Rock Steady. Hey Baby was the lead single and was commercially succesful but not so much critically. Hella Good was also succesful, but not sure HOW succesful. Underneath It All was super succesful in the US but no where else. Running was apparently the fourth single but I don't remember.

Here for Gwen tbh. Beautiful and classy. Unlike.....others

Yes, Rock Steady didn't perform AS well outside of the US and Canada, but it was still a very successful era for them. 3x platinum, several Grammy awards, temporarily reviving Ska...

"Underneath It All" still slays my playlists to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom