• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Christina wishes Bionic flopped like TTT. Bionic sold what, 500k worldwide? TTT is over 2.5 million. So...

Actually TTT is over 3 million sold. Not to mention its spawned the biggest hit of her career, ruling the WW charts for 14 weeks at #1. And then there's that FLOP SONG called Where Have You Been, which hit TOP 5, something Xtincta hasnt seen with her solo efforts in OVER A DECADE.

Oh and of course Rihanna HATES Asian peeps. She even pretends to have a friendship with one of them

rihanna-and-assistant-cheer-on-the-lakers.jpg

13209346420987d8a957.jpg

rihanna-drinking-a-beer-lakers-game.jpg

ch...

Mau ®

Don't get me wrong: I love Rihanna's ratchetness. It's the one thing I've consistently loved about her (and I've always said as much).

Rihanna's one of the few female stars who successfully took charge of her own brand and molded it into who she actually is - regardless of how disrespectful, ratchet and thirsty for abusive dick she can be at times. You always know you're getting Rihanna, and not a personality concocted in an executive's office. It's a freedom usually only afforded to the men in this business. There's a lot to be respected in that.

She reminds me of my own fave in that regard. ;_;

But make no mistake: your fave IS ratchet and thirsty. So, as they say, shouldnt throw stones from glass houses and all that...

I agree. My fave is ratched and loud and it's why I stan that bitch *.*

I love what you said tbh. I just hate it when they called her racist when that tweet was never aimed at Breezy's gwarl. If people had read her previous tweets, they would've known what she was doing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
One Direction will release an opportunistic range of branded electronics

Fans of One Direction and audio-related electronics rejoice, the boyband are set to release a range of products this Autumn.

The range, designed by electronics company Jazwares, will use One direction’s image to sell “headphones, speakers, microphones, ear buds, walkie talkies [?!], alarm clocks, boom boxes, a karaoke machine and more”.

With a keen eye for a lucrative demographic, Jazwares had this to say of the branded range: “With more than three million Twitter followers and a debut album that has gone gold and platinum across the globe, it’s clear that the guys from One Direction are superstars that tween and teen fans can’t get enough of.”

“We are thrilled to add One Direction to our portfolio, and look forward to developing our program with the band to bring personal and innovative electronics to their millions of fans.”

Meanwhile, we’re still looking for a pair of The Perfect Headphones ‘by the way’.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/o...rtunistic-range-of-branded-electronics/95080/

'Tween and teen'? Delio?

botty

Banned
Actually TTT is over 3 million sold. Not to mention its spawned the biggest hit of her career, ruling the WW charts for 14 weeks at #1. And then there's that FLOP SONG called Where Have You Been, which hit TOP 5, something Xtincta hasnt seen with her solo efforts in OVER A DECADE.

But can a Rihanna stan truly come for anyone's "solo efforts"?

IzUUS.gif

botty

Banned
Her singing? gorl..

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

4 of the 5 Grammys Rihanna has are from collaborations.

Most of Rihanna's major #1 hits have been collaborations.

Rihanna's career is out of her own control; she doesn't actually write anything, and her look is very controlled.

The only thing Rihanna actually has any solo efforts in are her tweets, and social life. Both of which have proven to show how messy she is.

Solo efforts is not something a Rihanna stan should ever bring up, considering how many people have their hands deep up her ass (not including rappers/singers). Rihanna is an industry puppet, and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Kyon

Banned

Rihanna's career is out of her own control; she doesn't actually write anything, and her look is very controlled.

The only thing Rihanna actually has any solo efforts in are her tweets, and social life. Both of which have proven to show how messy she is.

Solo efforts is not something a Rihanna stan should ever bring up, considering how many people have their hands deep up her ass (not including rappers/singers). Rihanna is an industry puppet, and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Lawd. I'm gonna take a SEAT. Over THERE away from this

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

and thats how you do it botty, no lies told

ny.gif

Christopher

bbwives-drinkthrow2.gif

botty throwing out some major shade on Rih rightly deserved

Peru

Dumb stuff. Judging by all accounts from the production process of her various releases she does have a pretty major say in what direction her career and sound takes, even when she doesn't write. Admittedly she participates LESS now (ie mostly zero) in the writing process than she did back with Rated R, definitely her best album, but I put the blame 50/50 on her and on that album not producing the hit singles to motivate further exploration in that direction.

Anyway, from the first album there's always been something quite clearly 'Rihanna' about her artist personality, starting with the island music and her roots. Unfortunately she's chosen to go with the dance bosh numbers recently and lost much of the uniqueness that was hers. That doesn't mean she's a puppet. She makes choices, and musically she's mostly lost me with her latest ones.

Bladenic

Wait...

Taylor Swift is releasing a new album this fall..?

If that's the case then our faves really shouldn't try. No shade, no stanning, but seriously. None of our faves except Adele could. Sales wise I mean.

#Truth

Mau ®

In bold are her REAL collaborations. I dont count a 30 second guest spot (like you guys do) a real collaboration. What's My Name, Umbrella and S&M had featurings. Not real collabos. But even if we did count them, guess what? She'd still have 7 #1's of her own in 7 years of her career. Meanwhile Xtina only has 3 #1 hits in 13 years. LMAO.

Even then, only LTWYL and Live Your Life are real collaborations. They went #1 in big part because Rihanna provided the crossover appeal to pop. She's an essential part of the chorus. Unlike Moves Like Jagger where Xtina is an afterthought and is not even on the real catchy part of the track.

SOS (#1)
Umbrella (#1) (And this is reaching, Jay-Z spot is merely symbolic)
Take A Bow (#1)
Disturbia (#1)
Live Your Life (#1)
Rude Boy (#1
Love The Way You Lie (#1)
Only Girl (#1)
What’s My Name (#1)
S&M (#1)
We Found Love (#1).

LOL no. She is behind her image and all its changes. She's in charge of her art directions and is executive producers of her albums. Try again.

So if she's an industry puppet, how come she's the one saying who she will record with? Did her label force her to do a song with her abuser? Did her label force her to record another album right in the middle of a tour?

If she was controlled by her label, how come they're so mad at her for doing whatever the fuck she wants? Uh? How come they're now pushing Rita Ora but audiences are not into her?

Why dont we talk about the fact that Xtina's biggest hits are COLLABORATIONS? Uh? Lady Marmalade and Moves Like Jagger were 1000X more successful than anything she's done as a solo artist. Why can't she do it on her own? I mean Rihanna has quiet a few #1 hits of her OWN as well.

royalan

Wait...

Taylor Swift is releasing a new album this fall..?

If that's the case then our faves really shouldn't try. No shade, no stanning, but seriously. None of our faves except Adele could. Sales wise I mean.

#Truth

None of our faves care about country flavored pop tarts and neither does the Billboard Hot 100.

#HEWisREALLYbothered

DMeisterJ

Banned
Thank you itz, I was about to CORRECT all the MISINFORMATION from the MISEDUCATED Xtina stan, but you did it already.

Botty should learn that the art of shade is using FACTS. Not FICTION.

Bladenic

None of our faves care about country flavored pop tarts and neither does the Billboard Hot 100.

#HEWisREALLYbothered

LOL okay i was merely pointing out that her new album will outsell all of our faves this fall, including and especially Christina.

I didn't say she was great or anything. Also her singles do just fine on the hot 100 actually. And her albums sell way more than all of our faves as of late, except Adele.

Don't know why you wanna come for something that's a PROVEN FACT.

royalan

Unlike Moves Like Jagger where Xtina is an afterthought and is not even on the real catchy part of the track.

Just want to step in real quick to correct this. At every club and party I've been to its when Xtina's verse comes in that all the girls and gays get their life on the song and start shouting along (especially the "If I share my secret..." line).

I'd argue that Christina's verse is the catchiest part of the song next to the chorus. Heck, even Adam thinks so. (sorry, I do have a receipt for that last part, but can't find it via my tablet. When I get home.)

Carry on.

Mau ®

Im really bothered by all this. Ya'll attack my looks, my dressing style, call me a whore (for apparently sending pics Ive never sent) and keep going after Rih's success as if it's not deserved because she doesnt put ink on all her lyrics, blatantly disregarding careers like Whitney, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears when ya'll say this.

Imma stop posting for good.

Ch...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Im really bothered by all this. Ya'll attack my looks, my dressing style and keep going after Rih's success as if it's not deserved because she doesnt put ink on all her lyrics, blatantly disregarding careers like Whitney, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears when ya'll say this.

Ch...

I didn't try to drag you for your looks or your clothes.

tumblr_lqvkckawoi1qfxaljjc.gif

royalan

LOL okay i was merely pointing out that her new album will outsell all of our faves this fall, including and especially Christina.

I didn't say she was great or anything. Also her singles do just fine on the hot 100 actually. And her albums sell way more than all of our faves as of late, except Adele.

Don't know why you wanna come for something that's a PROVEN FACT.

Uhhh...only 2 of the 6 singles from her last album peaked in the top 10, and none reached the summit. Truly strange considering how well her album sold.

What this tells me is, despite her team's insistence of the contrary, Tiny Tim Swift is still a country artist and, thus, neaux1curr.

All pop divas will proceed forward as planned.

Bladenic

Im really bothered by all this. Ya'll attack my looks, my dressing style, call me a whore (for apparently sending pics Ive never sent) and keep going after Rih's success as if it's not deserved because she doesnt put ink on all her lyrics, blatantly disregarding careers like Whitney, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears when ya'll say this.

Ch...

Don't stop posting bro/sis I like you.

royalan

Ch...

;_;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just want to step in real quick to correct this. At every club and party I've been to its when Xtina's verse comes in that all the girls and gays get their life on the song and start shouting along (especially the "If I share my secret..." line).

I'd argue that Christina's verse is the catchiest part of the song next to the chorus. Heck, even Adam thinks so. (sorry, I do have a receipt for that last part, but can't find it via my tablet. When I get home.)

Carry on.

Clubs in your parallel world sound pretty awful.

Bladenic

Uhhh...only 2 of the 6 singles from her last album peaked in the top 10, and none reached the summit. Truly strange considering how well her album sold.

What this tells me is, despite her team's insistence of the contrary, Tiny Tim Swift is still a country artist and, thus, neaux1curr.

All pop divas will proceed forward as planned.

Well I'm not mention Bionic since that's been done to death but um, B2B? Only one top ten hit, not even top 5 at that. Idk why you're trying to come for me or Taylor when I said I wasn't shading our faves or stanning for her. HELL, only Beautiful hit top 10 from Stripped.

But she sells records like no other in this day and age except Adele. So what if she's a country artist? People obviously care because Speak Now sold 1.2 million or so first week. I think that might be more than Xtina's first weeks for all her albums combined, or close at least.

Need I also remind you that Shania Twain, a country pop artist, has sold more records with only 4 albums and a Greatest Hits than most of our faves have mustered in their entire careers? Certainly not in 4 albums anyway. Also her Greatest Hits sold way more than just about any female greatest hits collection (not sure on this obvs. just applicable to current artists) other than Madonna's Immaculate or w/e it's called.

Christopher

Ch...

ZxShK.gif

btw...We only shade the ones we love the most hell I don't even have a shirt on.

Ch...
iTw7qcWi4OHre.gif

Flannel is HAUTE COUTURE. Don't let the baboons get you down

Koodo

Banned
Roy-Toy is probably thinking his excessive twerking counterbalances the pervasive nonchalance in the audience.

You go gerl!

i5IW361IFQyZI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom