• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rihanna's so... ugh. Just average in every way. So, so, so very average. That's the only superlative I can throw her way.

I can't even think of a smart catty thing to say about her coz she doesn't need it. She just... is.

Koodo

Banned
Take Care currently sits at #7... no promo... no video.
Relying on featuring credits? How very Xtincta of her.

iVhbetoMO52FL.gif

And it seems you cant get it through your head that while her other singles from TTT have tanked, it all happened WHILE "We Found Love" was slaying, becoming the biggest hit of her career as well as pop hit of the decade.
Except she recently performed Talk That Felony on Jonathan Ross. She's still trying to make that happen, well after the world rubbed some ointment on We Found Sores.

And don't lie to yourself sis, Rihanus can't even claim biggest pop hit of the decade:

1hyOW.jpg

Scalpedt by Ke¢ha on the Billboard 100. And the Billboard 200? Even Jackie Evancho has run away with her wig.

I like some of her more distinctively Rihanna singles e.g. Umbrella, Man Down, What's My Name, Rude Boy, etc.

The dance-pop singles (bar Don't Stop the Music) need to go.

Edit: Is Tik Tok really the biggest hit of the decade? Ay dios mios.

Taylor Swift
$35,719,902

UGH. Insipid little shit. Can't stand her or her el crapo MOR music.

Lady Gaga
$25,353,039
-Look at that even in her flop era she still managed to take the crown from the lessers
acts

Probably still receiving residuals from her tour because I don't think Interscope pays their artists by shipments.

Adele
$13,081,909

But wait where is this so called "Queen of Pop" that released the biggest hit of the decade surely she must have made some money, maybe she is in the top 20 - 10, lets find out

20+ million copies of 21 sold. Lady Xerox wishes. She'll probably receive a large sum of money in June/July.

Katy Perry
$11,969,426
-oh not Katy Perry being ahead

She deserves it :)

Rihanna's so... ugh. Just average in every way. So, so, so very average. That's the only superlative I can throw her way.

I can't even think of a smart catty thing to say about her coz she doesn't need it. She just... is.

ikr, she's so basic.

ITT: People pressed at the Rihanna reign. Figures all of them are little cutters.

mEMjZ.gif

Relying on featuring credits? How very Xtincta of her.

iVhbetoMO52FL.gif

That gif... haha

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

image.php

waiT, did you just changed you avi and on Gaga's bday you couldnt wait a day
mEMjZ.gif

Mumei

i1wGGPxRwNvh4.gif

Have to regain my composure, gerls...my Mumei, that was too beautiful ;_;

She deserves it. You should post some of your stanning PMs here once in awhile. You're much more analytical than I am about that sort of thing.

She has so many songs that people either never really listened to or so much time has passed that they've just been forgotten. Underneath the Stars, The Roof, The Wind, all of her amazing remixes, Vanishing, Right to Dream, Breakdown, Sunflowers for Alfred Roy, Music Box, Twister, Fourth of July, etc.

Feel free to add others; I know you can think of them.

If she were just average, she wouldn't need it. But she's not even average.

Rihanna is Kate Connick with better management.

Compare.
Contrast.

Zutroy

^
I was at Rihanna's concert last year, and it was one of the best I've been too.

So what do we think of the Biebs new song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoxBQ03wUQ&ob=av2n

I actually like it =(
He also sounds exactly like Timberlake

I'm liking Tulisa's too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eP_eI5T_deU

Also, I've recently randomly became obsessed with this old Britney one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-cOotdqL3k

Which got me listening to the whole Britney album. I think it's actually pretty under-rated, so many good songs on it.

RR79R.gif
NEW CHRISTINA MUSIC IN THREE WEEKS?
RR79R.gif

According to a source that's close to NBC's "The Voice", Christina Aguilera's new single will be premiered in 2-3 weeks. X-tina will perform the song on The Voice and a new album is being scheduled for release in the summer.

The source is a reliable source. He leaked info about Bionic and Burlesque back in the day. He said that he'd share more information if he knows something new.

Christina herself said that the album would be released in the spring, so it seems legit to me. When Christina sat down at Jay Leno's show, she said: "It's coming, it's coming, it's coming! I'm very, very excited. It's quality not quanitity, i don't like to just get songs and i like them to come from a personal place. Fun, exciting, introspective."

Sketchy Source

I'm sure this will be a remarkable chapter in POPGAF history.
HY4ia.gif

Delio

I thought they were all gay anyway?

I wanna see the blonde and zayn get it on. ooooh.

(they are over 18 right? :p )

They are. And no they arent all gay infact four of them are dating some chicks (Doesnt mean they arent gay) Also that pic was shopped. They were kissing a fan between them ;)

SpiffyG

Maroon 5 are set to release "one of our most diverse and poppiest albums yet," according to frontman Adam Levine. The group's fourth LP, Overexposed, will hit shelves on June 26th and offer ten new songs.

"'Moves Like Jagger' [from 2010's Hands All Over] was the first time we ever worked with an outside writer, so we decided to try it some more on this record," guitarist James Valentine said in a statement. "At this point in our career I think it was a good thing to completely mix up our process and it yielded good results, as well as a more collaborative spirit within the band. We wanted to make something that sounded contemporary with the elements of a lot of early eras of pop music. This is our most 'pop' record ever and we weren’t shy about really going for it."

Overexposed was executive produced by Max Martin. Ryan Tedder and Benny Blanco also served as producers on some album cuts. It's also a highly collaborative effort – the album will include an appearance by Wiz Khalifa on "Payphone" and contributions from songwriters outside the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...rexposed-album-in-june-20120326#ixzz1qEyqFiuY
Overexposed is right. Bleh. I cannot stand anything they touch anymore. Their early stuff was decent enough but then they started making uninspired generica. Not to mention the monstrosity that Adam created called Moves Like Jagger...

Anyone excited to be "Overexposed" with Maroon 5 this June?

Koodo

Banned
Sounds like it will be incredibly reductive and forgettable.

And they'll be promoting this during The Voice most likely. At the expense of promoting the contestants. Again.

SpiffyG

Sounds like it will be incredibly reductive and forgettable.

And they'll be promoting this during The Voice most likely. At the expense of promoting the contestants. Again.
Basically, I don't think they care about making real music anymore. Money money money money money money

The contestants will be ass to ass with both Christina's and Maroon 5's albums coming out soon.

How much is max martin worth? That guy is basically the music industry
He must be loaded. Look at these credientals:

Number-one singles
"...Baby One More Time" #1
"I Want It That Way" #1
"It's Gonna Be Me" #1
"I Kissed a Girl" #1
"So What" #1
"My Life Would Suck Without You" #1
"3" #1
"Raise Your Glass" #1
"California Gurls" #1
"Teenage Dream" #1
"Hold It Against Me" #1
"E.T." #1
"Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" #1
"Part Of Me" #1

Top 10 Hits
"Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)"
"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
"As Long As You Love Me"
"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely"
"(You Drive Me) Crazy"
"That's The Way It Is"
"Shape Of My Heart"
"Oops!... I Did It Again"
"Since U Been Gone"
"Behind These Hazel Eyes"
"Who Knew"
"'Cuz I Can"
"U + Ur Hand"
"Hot n Cold"
Whataya Want from Me"
"Blow"
"Dynamite"
"Fuckin' Perfect"
"Till the World Ends"
"I Wanna Go"
"The One That Got Away"
"Show Me Love"
"Domino"

Top 40 Hits
"If U Seek Amy"
"What The Hell"

....kind of a tragic discography, except for the bolded.
HY4ia.gif

Kyon

Banned
edit that shit crumpet cause bitch i know you know there are more songs in that list that are flaw free, god even Last Friday Night is great AND Domino lmfao(they both sound exactly the same too)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Well, Maroon 5 probably never were making music for the art. lol

That's why the music I listen to primarily consists of artists and bands that haven't made it big. There is still soul left in their music.

child I know you didn't not just say that while sporting one of Dr. Luke's girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom