• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Marius, where did this whole goat = rihanna thing come from?
dies.gif

He didnt. Every stan couldnt stop talking about it so that's what she is known for now because you cant unhear it lmfao

Cynosure

We're currently being baptized by Lies

I like it, made me give Primadonna a full listen.
I like the production in what I've heard, giving me Born To Die realness.

I should give the album a try now.
edit//guess i have to wait.

I always thought it was Shakira because of her forced vibrato.

I just went along Rihanna goat thing cause it's funny....and to tease ITZ
brit12.gif

Peru

La Roux going off on 'Call Me Maybe' @ twitter, "I fear for music" and all - this woman is clueless and offensive in every way.

Yeah, her comments on R&B were stupid. She obviously wasn't listening to the right stuff.

Regardless, girl needs to get back in the studio and make more music so we have something to talk about besides Gaga/Britney/Rihanna/Madonna.

T7Jia.gif

Icicle

Gurls, cancel any plans you have for Wednesday night...VH1 will be airing a new Behind the Music special about Brandy.

SO much to talk about in just one hour. The 30 second trailer reveals just how intense things are about to get.

Watch the trailer here (Sorry about the quality, that's the best version I can find)

---------------------------------

I swear, VH1 is determined to make me an emotional wreck with Aaliyah's episode and this one in the same month.

None of her songs have blown me out of the water yet, but the new Marina and the Diamonds album will surely be a treat. I've heard Prima Donna, Homewrecker and Lies now, and all three are pretty nice. :)

Sai-kun

Banned
Would anyone be talking about La Roux tho?

iYpmKca18sRle.gif

Lets talk about SECRETMOBLIN

ikSOykuO7Vwv2.gif

Um excuse u. Before I was an Ellie Goulding-stan, Florence-stan, even before I stanned for Marina, I was a La Roux stan.

Elly Jackson definitely has some weird opinions but La Roux (album) allows me to forgive any transgressions due to its literal flawlessness. I cannot wait for LP2 and I'll be doing an OP for that too once more info comes out. It's been way too long since we got new material from them. They are the reason I'm going to Coachella this weekend. Unfortunately they cancelled but w/e I'll see them soon.

I've only heard the singles from La Roux and I suppose I like 'em but she put me off when she said that women bring abuse upon themselves by dressing provocatively. Is this the 1920s?
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

You should give more attention to the best looking one:

rx7lY.jpg

Jt8Y8.jpg

MYBjF.gif

It's like he has a natural eyeliner and mascara on his eyes. Very pretty dude.

In other news: here's a new demo from Lana Del Rey: She's not me. I quite like it. The first few seconds are 100% Portishead though. Uncanny.

Icicle

Ah, Aaliyah special? Guess I have to find a way to watch. Reminds me of this amazing piece on the making of her last album http://youknowigotsoul.com/?p=11345

Such a great read, thank you for that. So much talk about another posthumous album recently. Drake mentioned that he has "great Aaliyah news coming soon" in an interview earlier this month, and I had remembered hearing about a producer Tweeting and then deleting his announcement that an unused track he made for "Aaliyah" will be on the new album. The song is titled "Steady Ground," which happened to be on the article that you gave me. Beautiful.

Cautiously optimistic to see what's around the corner...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Thanks everyone for those 1D gifs and pics, its a nice sight to wake up to
<3

iSfd1jkQKae4b.gif

^ the queen arriving in Korea ready to slay

Nemesis_

Not a very triumphant moment to be selling out a stadium in KOREA, Girl Gone Wild sold over 400,000 copies there, LOL.

She's trying to make this tour as widespread as ever, even going as far as to tour in Indonesia. I realise you might not think it's a big deal just because it's a small group, but at least she's making people happy. And look how happy they are to see her!

xTFKg.gif

Much less can be said for your fave, who's dropped Australia multiple times from her tour. Is she even going to Korea?

Wljuq.gif

I can't wait till she cancels the Australian leg and fucks over her Australian fans AGAIN.

USNrG.gif

I do this for fun

pV5kW.gif

Wilsongt

I listened to that Marina and the Diamonds song 'Lies'. I didn't think much of it... Certainly not drinking the kool-aid on that one.

royalan

Hmmm, I do kinda like this "Lies" song...definitely a stronger single than that "Primadonna" nonsense...

Her delivery is definitely Katy Perry-esque, though. But after that chick featured on Gotye's song, I guess sounding like Katy Perry is the new rage....or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom