• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I only heard I'm Like A Bird, and for me that was enough from that album

ib2sSOYptX3Cq5.gif

^ so influential

Kyon

Banned
Did Britney shave her head last week? Is this 07? TMZ seems to think so SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jni2H2cc68

ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif

its one thing to say yeah she's too nice and wont take this seriously etc.. its another to call her a trainwreck and saying shit like this as if she is still in the headlines for her meltdown. Did they forget she had 2 #1 albums and 2 successful tours? like i dont even............this shit is the reason i didnt like the idea of her judging at first cause shit like this was gonna start again

EDIT: LOL @ the trash calling her a trainwreck with her strap hanging out and a diet coke BYE
sass1.gif

royalan

Did Britney shave her head last week? Is this 07? TMZ seems to think so SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jni2H2cc68

ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif

its one thing to say yeah she's too nice and wont take this seriously etc.. its another to call her a trainwreck and saying shit like this as if she is still in the headlines for her meltdown. Did they forget she had 2 #1 albums and 2 successful tours? like i dont even............this shit is the reason i didnt like the idea of her judging at first cause shit like this was gonna start again

EDIT: LOL @ the trash calling her a trainwreck with her strap hanging out and a diet coke BYE
sass1.gif

Yeah, TMZ is trash. At this point if Britney were to be on Xfactor I wish she would be a trainwreck, because it's more likely she'd be completely boring in her current state.

Kyon

Banned
Yeah, TMZ is trash. At this point if Britney were to be on Xfactor I wish she would be a trainwreck, because it's more likely she'd be completely boring in her current state.

truth tea
tehe3.gif

well not meltdown levels, i mean i hope she does stuff we dont expect lol

Bah. Perhaps it time some people go back and listen to stuff before Loose, just like with some people did with Robyn.

So you're saying it's not worth going back? Because Robyn only became interesting with Body Talk.

You're right, Nelly Furtado only became interesting with Loose.

Wilsongt

So you're saying it's not worth going back? Because Robyn only became interesting with Body Talk.

You're right, Nelly Furtado only became interesting with Loose.

She was interesting before Loose. Loose just made her mainstream because she did less of her folk-like music and did more of an upbeat, hip-hop album.

Just like with Robyn. She was around since the mid to late 90s. "Robyn is here" was a wonderful album, then she fell off in the US until "Robyn" came out and "With Every Heartbeat" started getting a lot more airplay.

A lot of people weren't into Robyn until "Robyn" and "Body Talk", yet some people in this very thread went back and listened to a lot of stuff before she blew up with GayPopGAF with "Body Talk".

In my opinion, it is the same with Nelly Furtado. Her music before Loose isn't something with a beat, but it's damn good music. "Loose" is just what put her on the map because she choose to work with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake a bit. That got her a lot more exposure and notice. Not to mention "Promiscuous" was an amazing lead off song from "Loose".

Examples:

Explode

Baby Girl

Legend

Party

Picture Perfect

Build You Up

Powerless

Bonus, post-Loose:

Who Wants to be Alone

*random array of gifs*

She was interesting before Loose. Loose just made her mainstream because she did less of her folk-like music and did more of an upbeat, hip-hop album.

Just like with Robyn.

I appreciate the time you've put in this post, but it's just my opinion. I don't like 90s europop Robyn, and I don't like folksy Nelly Furtado.

I like(d) Nelly as a voice for Timbaland's productions, and I like Robyn for her more dance oriented music on Body Talk.

...I'd rather listen to Big Hoops again

iYpmKca18sRle.gif

Has Caca created anything near as creative and culturally enriching as Turn Off The Light?

iYpmKca18sRle.gif

This thread has lacked any discussion of a true queen forever, what's up with that

tina-turner-o.gif

I love Beyonce!

I don't know how this pop brainwashing process works on you girls.

It takes time to tap into genius, dear.

Although there are some that have to train themselves to like a particular song or artist (Gaga stans).

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Looks like Roman is taking over

Over the weekend, Nicki shocked her 11 million followers when she deleted her Twitter page, explaining why during her appearance on “The Graham Norton Show.” “A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that’s what I did,” she said. “I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me.”

She is debating whether to return. “I don’t know yet, I’m thinking about it,” she said. “I miss my Barbz, please bear with me.”

In a separate interview, Nicki also confirmed that Simon Cowell had approached her about appearing as a judge on the U.S. version of “The X Factor.” “I think we both decided together that it wouldn’t work out,” she said. “I think it was the best decision.”

Nicki sis, its to early in your career for this
i22SxpRvzD2tW.gif

Nemesis_

Has Caca created anything near as creative and culturally enriching as Turn Off The Light?

iYpmKca18sRle.gif

Although there are some that have to train themselves to like a particular song or artist (Gaga stans).

Oh Pho. You're not even trying anymore. You're just as "bad", training yourself to love MDNA.

Sai-kun

Banned
I JUST WANTED TO BE PERFECTTTT

TO BELIEVE IT'S ALL BEEN WORTH THE FIGHT

LIII-EEE-IIIIES

DON'T WANNA KNOW, DON'T WANNA KNOW OH, OH, OH.

Mumei

It feels weird being positive about a recent song. Like I should be shading Rihanna or something to make up for the positivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom