• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

Crosseyes

Banned
Well... ending was a bit anticlimactic but was a great show. Psychonauts 2, Geoff torching Konami, the Iwata Tribute...

Good stuff Geoff.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
damn_zpstrue443c.png

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Yoooooooooooooo!

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
I must be getting too old for videogames because 90% of what I just watched didn't make any sense, but glad that at least TW3 won. It really set up a new bar for an already great genre.

Still laughing at Jade Raymond coming in like a rock star on some "I don't need your award show, your award show needs me" high. Kiefer feeling real pain after those shots.

6eMqtu8.gif

Skux

That ending was terrible lol

That last 20 minutes was some of the weirdest shit I've seen live.

- Geoff calling Konami out with 150k people watching on Twitch

- Jade absolutely off her rocker, burning/disrespecting Kiefer Sutherland right there and THEN flubbing the award winner

- Finishing with Deadmau5 which was completely anticlimactic

sora87

The Game Awards, sponsored by, among many other brands, Xbox, presented at the Microsoft theater in LA.
Did you really expect a PlayStation first party exclusive to be awarded?

Hell, with the amount of Star Wars Battelfront shilling going on, I'm surprised they didn't give that game at least 3 awards.

Goes without saying, though, it was worth watching for all the middle fingers pointed at Konami. #FuckKonami

Damn, you've got a huge point there.

ChaosXVI

Damn...I started to get hype at the end of that Deadmau5 thing with that sweet Maridia mix...

...Guess its nothing though...per fucking usual for Metroid.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, I saw nothing to get excited about other than what I already knew was coming. But the show sure had some doozy moments and my game won GOTY. All is not lost, lol.

Xyrmellon

By a long shot this is the best show Geoff has done. That says a lot about how bad the others were. Some definite cringe moments, but this was tolerable.

Gazkapop

The show still has nothing on the BAFTAs but this year was definitely an improvement however.

I understand they help fund it all but the amount of marketing needs to be scaled way back.

Also, feel free to give Ashly Burch the award she rightly deserves for LiS.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Excellent show, way better than last years. Entertaining nearly the whole way through, can't ask for much more than that.

tookhster

Really Nintendo? Even the Cranky Kong reveal was better than absolutely nothing. How do you go from showing the first gameplay from the new ZELDA to absolutely nothing?

TechJunk

Good show overall, ended on a downer, too many musical performances. Game Awards, your audience wants to watch game announcements, accolades, developers. Not CHVRCHES or Deadmau5 (sp?).
Overall 75%, I couldn't have done it better though.
Looking forward to next year.

Top Bottom