• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I thought it was banable laughing at the PS3 or 360 and talking trash about either? I think I actually got banned for it for a while lol.

But honestly its not needed and its getting old scrolling through and reading "Sony is poo" unless you are following it up with a reason...

knitoe

Rockstar give me X360 630p option.

Everyone knows lowering the resolution frees up more processing power for other stuff. Thus, I prefer better frame rate and less pop up.

lexdysia

Banned
Standard definition for the win, fuckers!

I will be playing in SD until Friday, when I go to another place with a 60" 1080p DLP set. Lower your expectations! Just like Niko should have done before coming to America.

Edit: Also, Xbox Tree City?

vumpler said:
I thought it was banable laughing at the PS3 or 360 and talking trash about either? I think I actually got banned for it for a while lol.

But honestly its not needed and its getting old scrolling through and reading "Sony is poo" unless you are following it up with a reason...

This thread is pretty much "rules-free".

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
vumpler said:

but wait, it's sarcasm...but it's not....but it's sarcasm...but it's not....but it's sarcasm

OHHHH how wonderfully decadent, and just as I was beginning to lose interest. Jumbie! The chocolate icing!

vumpler

knitoe said:
Rockstar give me X360 630p option.

Everyone knows lowering the resolution frees up more processing power for other stuff. Thus, I prefer better frame rate and less pop up.
I remember back in Ultima Online's hour when Packard Bell's 166mhz PC bundle was the shit. I always wanted to just change the game to black and white so it wouldn't lag as bad and run better. Your idea is along the same lines and I support the option heh.

Synless said:
Dude, seriously that's not what they are talking about, they are talking about the Pop-in, read where the "and" is.

I read that the 360 framerate is better in the cinematic as well - and that the PS3 version is 630p.... do I win!?

McLovin

toonw.gif

woah is that really the pop-in on the 360 version?

Doubledex

Banned
commariodore64 said:
I read that the 360 framerate is better in the cinematic as well - and that the PS3 version is 630p.... do I win!?
No, because the PS3 version has less pop-ins and it looks a little bit better (see EGM & IGN) ;-p Do I win :)

Synless

commariodore64 said:
I'm not the one hating on the ps3 version. It's the one I'm getting. I was correcting the guy who clearly can't read. I win!! :D

derder

McLovin said:
toonw.gif

yeah, it happens like that all the time, don't listen to the people who haven't played it, they don't know what they're talking about

knitoe

Frame rate hitches mean it's not constant. Lower resolution to 630p will give you are more constant frame rate. Never done it on PC? Plus, pop up wouldn't be as bad.

vumpler

commariodore64 said:
*sigh* it's from a debug (not final code) and has been disproved by retail copy - haven't you read every post in this thread? :lol
Sol.. said:
but wait, it's sarcasm...but it's not....but it's sarcasm...but it's not....but it's sarcasm

ThatHurt

McLovin said:
toonw.gif

depends.. seems others have tried to get that exact tree to pop up like that and they don't see it. There is a gif showing 2 diffrent runs with no pop in.

Some people say the popup in the review copies are worse than the released copy.

guess we have to see what everyone says tonight

iceatcs

HaloFans said:
Doesn't exist on the final version for the 100000000th time.

Pop-in is still exist (Both systems), but that tree of doom seem better than review version. OK?

My install time up, bye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom