• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FightyF

Banned
Doubledex said:
No, because the PS3 version has less pop-ins and it looks a little bit better (see EGM & IGN) ;-p Do I win :)

I expect you to continue posting in this thread, with the game disc sitting right beside you, while the rest of us play this.

mabuza

Banned
Roxas said:
quick! steal something from 4chan to one-up him!
thumbsup.gif

clav

McLovin said:
All this talk about 630p.. what was your stance on the subject when halo 3 came out?
Doesn't change much to be honest.

Just play it on the system you own.

For 360 owners, get it because you know you are going to beg for DLC later. All the excuses that I won't be playing it any more is useless.

ThatHurt

McLovin said:
All this talk about 630p.. what was your stance on the subject when halo 3 came out?

halo3 did not come out on 2 systems, one that touts how it has LIMITLESS POWER!!! and it cant handle 720p??

im still waiting for sony to start the nextgen cause 630p sounds like ps2.5 to me... Am I right?

bill0527

Its all good.

I'm used to getting cheated on resolutions for a lot of the big 360 games, so I've already been desensitized to not let it bother me on my PS3 games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
chubigans said:
http://www.vertigogaming.net/PSP/GTA/internetisseriousbusiness.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol

That pretty much sums up the whole thread. You should post it/thumbnail link to it in the OP.

McLovin

Yeah I really don't care about the 630p.. but to be honest if I had a 360 I would probably get it on that. The graphics are almost the same.. at the end of the day the 360 has DLC. So if your gonna get that down the line then thats the version to get.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Roxas said:
quick! steal something from 4chan to one-up him!
okay let's see, i haven't gone to 4chan in like five months so i'll have to take something really really old and beaten into the grou-

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go

derder

Crushed said:
okay let's see, i haven't gone to 4chan in like five months so i'll have to take something really really old and beaten into the grou-

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh snap

McLovin said:

IIRC Bungie took a similar route. When that blew up and they gave interviews, it was something like Halo 3 benefited from better lighting by reducing the native resolution.

rabhw

Crushed said:

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go

THIS SHIT JUST GOT REAL

mabuza

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Wonder if 1up et al. are going to run stories about GTA4's resolution like they did Halo 3.
i doubt it. 1up are notorious ps3 lovers. this will be swept under the carpet like it never happened.

McLovin

Crushed said:

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go
;_; I was gonna do that to my avatar... now I'll just leave mine snakified :/

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Crushed said:

15qb0op.gif
'

oh here we go
Well Played

darscot

I have both systems and I still have no idea which one I'll buy. This thread is pretty much useless. Well its a great laugh but as far as good info goes not so much. My PS3 has been getting lots of lately so I'll guess I'll probable go with it.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Don't worry Roxas, it's okay, you're totally right. I'm merely a meme puppet (aka muppet) that goes along with social trends and in-jokes on message boards. Why just the other day everyone on 4chan got avatars of Nico walking down the street from the GTA4 trailer.

Or they would have if that site had avatars, but boy that'd been silly-looking if I'd have gone along with an avatar fad like that, probably with some other meme pasted in for some meta-meme.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gary Whitta said:
Has anyone pointed out yet that 630 is an anagram of 360? Because that isn't any more stupid than half of the shit in this thread.

Yeah. Several times. It is the monkeys with typewriters, happening in real time. Soon, the Shakespeare will start forming.

qirex99

Banned
Bizzyb said:
Can you do an install for the 360 version? or is that reserved for PS3?

PS3 REQUIRES an install.

360 uses the HDD to cache data (like many other 360 games, but NOT (M)Ass Effect).

Pretty slick if you ask me. sat morning the interwebz imploded b/c 360 pro owners thought they were being "held back" by the tard pack.

not the case.

HDD improves (what little) pop-in is in the 720 version.

Seriously, will the internet stop when the SubHD era is confirmed as "teh nexgen?"

By the way, this thread is totally living up to expectations, and then some. If GAF ever wants to filter down its mountains of member applications, they should just sticky this thread and call it "what you can expect"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom