• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Haunted: Hell's Reach |OT| Uncensored in Germany!

Moofers

Local co-op, or online only? Thx.

And again, whats the soundtrack like?

Also, we'd love to have you on our podcast to talk about your game as it gets closer to launch. Its at www.moofpack.com and being on the show is as easy as talking to us on your cell phone or booting up Skype. Interested?

Xater

Ok the trailer that is on Vimeo looks pretty fun. I can definitely see the influences now. I also couldn't help but notice the names of you guys. Are you a team from Germany by any chance? :)

peetfeet

i'm picturing a cross between RE4 and Dead Nation, anywhere near? online co op? for how many? voice chat? and how far behind will the console versions be?

thanks

ScHlAuChi

Moofers said:
Local co-op, or online only? Thx.

On PC we wont support local coop, we did test splitscreen but there was some problems.
Might be something we can look into in the future. For console we will support it.

And again, whats the soundtrack like?

The soundtrack is hmm hard to desribe, its not metal tho, its some western like ambient stuff i think. I dont really play the game with music as theres many sound clues ;)

Also, we'd love to have you on our podcast to talk about your game as it gets closer to launch. Its at www.moofpack.com and being on the show is as easy as talking to us on your cell phone or booting up Skype. Interested?

Sure, but ideally it would be after launch, as we have all hands full ;)

ScHlAuChi

Xater said:
Ok the trailer that is on Vimeo looks pretty fun. I can definitely see the influences now. I also couldn't help but notice the names of you guys. Are you a team from Germany by any chance? :)

Yes, the 2 main devs behind this are german, but there is more ppl behind this who are from all over the world ;)

ScHlAuChi

Gintamen said:
Looks like some Steam shovelware game, a bit to late to hop on the 4 chracters vs zombie wagon. But could be fun to play a classic FPS with so many levels and weapons. Where will it be priced? Seems more like a 1800MS game.

The funny thing is, we have been working on this for 3 years now, that was at a time when the Zombie craze wasnt as big as now - but when youre a tiny indie team stuff just takes much longer ;)

JaggedSac

Are there any team based mechanics in the game? Such as reviving team mates, healing each other, giving ammo, etc.

Also, why so many winking smiley faces?

PooBone

Silent Hill: Downpour comes out on the same day.

I'll play that instead.

From the title I thought it would be a horror game, which is where my heart lies.

ScHlAuChi

JaggedSac said:
Are there any team based mechanics in the game? Such as reviving team mates, healing each other, giving ammo, etc.

Yes, when a player dies he will spawn as a soulstone in the level, the other players have to destroy that stone in order to revive him - but if they wait too long the minions can steal the stone and run away with it.

Also, why so many winking smiley faces?
Guess its a habit of mine :p

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ScHIAuChi said:
Haunted is a pretty straightforward arcade game.
In terms of gameplay think of it as a mix between Resident Evil 4, Godhand and Vanquish.

Its like the Resident Evil Mercenaries mode but done much better with superior controls and more variety.
You just pushed all the right buttons, sir. Can't wait to play it!

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
BrodiemanTTR said:
Man I hope zombie shooters go out of fashion as this gen dies.

You should probably try out The Haunted: Hell's Reach, then. It has demons instead of zombies! >_>

R1CHO

Demo for PC?

Regards

ScHlAuChi said:
On PC we wont support local coop, we did test splitscreen but there was some problems.
Might be something we can look into in the future. For console we will support it.

Thats sad, splitscreen with multimonitor is awesome.

ScHlAuChi

Exclusively for GAF i made a short gameplay video of me playing a round of survival!

I had some Hiccups during recording, so dont be surprised when theres skips.
Also note that this does not reflect the final game yet, as there are still some bugs.
The number of monsters and things like still needs balancing.
I didnt play that well and forgot to show some moves :p

In any case - enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgjhNsRsmxk

Decado

ScHlAuChi said:
Exclusively for GAF i made a short gameplay video of me playing a round of survival!

Also note that this does not reflect the final game yet, as there are still some bugs.

In any case - enjoy:
When I saw the title my immediate thought was "this could be a really cool top-down shooter/action game ala Dead Nation". But a 3rd person shooter? Really? While they seem to sell well, I don't understand the appeal of XBLA/PSN title that try and emulate retail games. Video makes it look like a lower budget version of titles like Shadows of the Damned and Dead Rising. I seriously doubt I'll be able to go from games like Gears 3 and Space Marines to this.

ScHlAuChi

Decado said:
When I saw the title my immediate thought was "this could be a really cool top-down shooter/action game ala Dead Nation". But a 3rd person shooter? Really? While they seem to sell well, I don't understand the appeal of XBLA/PSN title that try and emulate retail games. Video makes it look like a lower budget version of titles like Shadows of the Damned and Dead Rising. I seriously doubt I'll be able to go from games like Gears 3 and Space Marines to this.

Why are you comparing a low budget Multiplayer game to high budget SinglePlayer ones?
Where do you get the idea that we try to emulate a retail game, do all indie games have to be artsy 2D games?

The appeal comes from offering a much better and more refined gamplay experience compared to what some of those big budget titles offer. Its a quick arcade snack, it doesnt want to be a full meal :)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I remember playing the mod. It was fun then but lacked the polish required of a retail release. Of course the same applied to Red Orchestra when that was a mod and we all know what happened to that and Tripwire afterwards.

I look forward to seeing the game properly, and I hope you guys can foster the same sort of relationship with Valve as Tripwire because that would be awesome not only for yourselves but for the gaming community too.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BrodiemanTTR said:
Man I hope zombie shooters go out of fashion as this gen dies.
Why? I think going up against large numbers of melee only enemies is still a viable playstyle. That's the foundation that titles like Serious Sam are built on. The character models are pretty inconsequential.

ScHlAuChi said:
What "key art" ?

2bpJ8.jpg

ScHlAuChi

KoreanBarbecue said:

Well, we dont have a concept artist, so this is the only art we have, if this will prevent you from enjoying some hardcore action, then it might not be a game for you ;)

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
ScHlAuChi said:

In any case - enjoy:

Alright, that video definitely got me interested. I'll keep an eye out for the PC version.

ScHlAuChi said:
Well, we dont have a concept artist, so this is the only art we have, if this will prevent you from enjoying some hardcore action, then it might not be a game for you ;)

Marking October 25th, 2012 in my calendar as "hardcore action." I'm sure a year from now I'll totally still remember what that means!

kamspy

I've got some questions about the PC version.

- Will the mouse aim be 1:1 and not a remapped right analog stick?
- What graphical options will there be?
- Please include support for mice with more than 2 buttons. So many modern games omit this.
- Will the FOV be adjustable? An FOV slider can win over PC gamers alone.
- DRM?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
KoreanBarbecue said:
Marking October 25th, 2012 in my calendar as "hardcore action." I'm sure a year from now I'll totally still remember what that means!

What's with this? All because of the logo? Jeesh.

ScHlAuChi

kamspy said:
I've got some questions about the PC version.
- Will the mouse aim be 1:1 and not a remapped right analog stick?
Mouse and Gamepad dont share the same settings, so its not just remapped.

- What graphical options will there be?
Brightness, Resolution, Texture Detail, Visual Quality, Vsync etc..
Any others you would want?

- Please include support for mice with more than 2 buttons. So many modern games omit this.
Our controls are fully customizeable, so you can assign as many buttons as you want :)

- Will the FOV be adjustable? An FOV slider can win over PC gamers alone.
There is no option for that in the menu, but im sure you can set it via unreal command.
It doesnt make that much sense for a TPS anyway :)

Does Steam count?
If so yes ;)

kamspy

Well, some TPS games could be a little less cramped.;) It's nice to have options. Especially since you're working with a flexible engine. The FOV slider is fast becoming the olive branch from multiplatform developers to PC gamers. Adding one to a TPS would just make the olive branch that much more awesome.

Which anti aliasing methods will be available?

ScHlAuChi said:
This is a level event that the demons can activate, in this case its poision rain. Those enviromental hazards only last for like half a minute. They force the player to stay inside buildings etc.
There is a different event for each map, like fog, thunderstorm, earthquake, thornados etc...

This and the demons running away with your soulstone friends is really winning me over. I love "weird" games like this.

You said mod tools, how much control will we have? Is it similar to UT mutations or more like Half Life mods?

ScHlAuChi

cooltobeyou said:
This and the demons running away with your soulstone friends is really winning me over. I love "weird" games like this.
You said mod tools, how much control will we have? Is it similar to UT mutations or more like Half Life mods?

Its Unreal, if you know your way around it you can do wahtever you want :)
If you know UnrealED you can make maps etc...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Decado said:
When I saw the title my immediate thought was "this could be a really cool top-down shooter/action game ala Dead Nation". But a 3rd person shooter? Really?
Twin stick shooters are much more grossly oversaturated on XBLA/PSN than third person shooters.

And really, TPSes haven't been all that plentiful at retail, either.

Top Bottom