• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Haunted: Hell's Reach |OT| Uncensored in Germany!

Furio53

Hey congrats ScHlAuChi on getting a distribution deal. that's great! I look forward to the game getting released.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Took a look at the video. Gameplay-wise it's a far cry from what I've seen in the mod. New moves and dynamic seems to be improved.

ScHlAuChi

subversus said:
Took a look at the video. Gameplay-wise it's a far cry from what I've seen in the mod. New moves and dynamic seems to be improved.

Definetely - all the clunkyness from the mod is gone, its alot faster and more dynamic!
I tried playing the mod version again recently and i couldnt believe how bad it was!

Looks pretty good but some of the animations are really, really stiff. The uppercut in particular. Still somewhat interested and might give it a chance. How much will I get out of this game if I only intend to play it alone?

ScHlAuChi

Glass Rebel said:
Looks pretty good but some of the animations are really, really stiff. The uppercut in particular. Still somewhat interested and might give it a chance. How much will I get out of this game if I only intend to play it alone?

Currently not too much, however that might change in the future.

ScHlAuChi said:
Exclusively for GAF i made a short gameplay video of me playing a round of survival!

I had some Hiccups during recording, so dont be surprised when theres skips.
Also note that this does not reflect the final game yet, as there are still some bugs.
The number of monsters and things like still needs balancing.
I didnt play that well and forgot to show some moves :p

In any case - enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgjhNsRsmxk

AWESOME looks really fun, bought, and thank you.

ScHlAuChi

Less than 2 weeks till release, so i thought i make a little feature for those who are interested how i created one of the Haunted levels!

You can see that towards the end the artists start to make the level look non-crappy ;)

9bdq9v.jpg

15y9hes.jpg

15fq9g3.jpg

5ehmxu.jpg

mq1w9.jpg

1z56s0g.jpg

2zi3ebn.jpg

i77o1d.jpg

2dvmzom.jpg

2yv1kpi.jpg

n2e69i.jpg

fabngl.jpg

2hfs49i.jpg

k16rs5.jpg

zsl2f7.jpg

2due5vp.jpg

2jfzoes.jpg

ohk3r7.jpg

2lw0p6x.jpg

15otg7l.jpg

2v3se45.jpg

29pptzl.jpg

2qxq803.jpg

dyas9g.jpg

20p3qc4.jpg

2emzsk3.jpg

i6kqpc.jpg

23t5c2f.jpg

5uh2c1.jpg

j7faep.jpg

ScHlAuChi

The first person who can answer this question will get a free Steam key:

What was the name of the first map that was inlcuded in the mod-version of Haunted?

GWX

ScHlAuChi said:

What was the name of the first map that was inlcuded in the mod-version of Haunted?

Forsaken Canyon?

edit: oh =(

Plasma

Banned
Seems to be a massive step there between the map being kind of blank and then having all the models placed, that must have taken somebody quite awhile ;)

I remember this mod, was really fun... my friend and I played it for hours one night. Really liked doing the Demons vs Humans mode - spawning shit tons of those little annoying bastards and then dropping the giants right around the corner. Is that mode still in the game?

ScHlAuChi said:

Is it that Excavation map? That was the first one I played

ScHlAuChi

Plasma said:
Seems to be a massive step there between the map being kind of blank and then having all the models placed, that must have taken somebody quite awhile ;)

Yep took around 3-4 months in total from start to finish!

ScHlAuChi

Houston3000 said:
I remember this mod, was really fun... my friend and I played it for hours one night. Really liked doing the Demons vs Humans mode - spawning shit tons of those little annoying bastards and then dropping the giants right around the corner. Is that mode still in the game?
Is it that Excavation map? That was the first one I played

That mode is still there, and nope Excavation was the 4th map that was added.

Congrats! Before I hop outta the thread for a bit, just wanted to say how awesome it is to see how you created the maps. One of these days I'd love to learn how to do something like that.

ScHlAuChi

As i got 3 correct answers in a very short time, we have 3 winners:

hypodrmage
MTMBStudios
Vincent Alexander

Check your PMs!

ScHlAuChi

Vincent Alexander said:
Congrats! Before I hop outta the thread for a bit, just wanted to say how awesome it is to see how you created the maps. One of these days I'd love to learn how to do something like that.

We support modding right out of the box - you can create maps for Haunted from Day1 :)

The M.O.B

ScHlAuChi said:
Less than 2 weeks till release, so i thought i make a little feature for those who are interested how i created one of the Haunted levels!

You can see that towards the end the artists start to make the level look non-crappy ;)

IMAGES

As a UT3 newbie, I loved seeing this. Are you guys planning on releasing some "Making of" videos for the game?

ScHlAuChi

The M.O.B said:
As a UT3 newbie, I loved seeing this. Are you guys planning on releasing some "Making of" videos for the game?

Sorry, but we dont really have time for that - i just had barely time to make this feature ;)

Top Bottom