• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

womp

I read the book as a kid almost 30 years ago. I couldn't give a piss about LOTR (Enjoyed the movies, the books put me to sleep), but I love me some Hobbit.

This trailer was beautiful and gave me chills - I saw Gandalf 'bring in the daylight'. :)

What I absolutely love is how it looks to fit perfectly into the world of LOTR.

It will be adding an extra piece to the amazing jigsaw.

So glad we saw the trolls and that they looked like the stone trolls in FOTR :D

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
"Allow me to introduce Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, and Bob Oakshield. Good luck keeping track of all these fuckers."
Easiest way to remember the dwarves is in clusters;

Uncle

Thorin

Nephews

Kili
Fili

===========================

Brothers

Oin
Gloin - Gimili's father

Brothers

Dwalin
Balin - Mentioned in LOTR

Brothers

Nori
Ori
Dori

Brothers

Bombur
Boffur

Cousin of the above

Biffur.

Kinyou

Edmond Dantès;33635337 said:
Easiest way to remember the dwarves is in clusters;

Uncle

Thorin

Nephews

Kili
Fili

Brothers

Bombur
Boffur

Cousin of the above

Biffur.

2yuhzc8gqyqi.gif

bengraven

I love Balin.

Watching this and growing attached to him all over again is going to make the Moria scenes in Fellowship much more painful.

I have never read the Hobbit or LOTR. I loved the lotr movies and it gave me chills seeing this. Wow. It will be great going back to that world again.

Nizz

So awesome to see Ian McKellen as Gandalf again! Nice to see that it's coming next year. I remember seeing rumors of this being delayed for a later date.

DarkWish

What a weirdly paced/edited trailer

None of the dialogue made any sense together, and there's no sense of what's going on. I don't even have even the most basic idea of what the plot is about
I definitely agree, that trailer didn't hype me up at all. Seems we're in the minority here though, judging from the other comments.

Esiquio

No pictures of Evangeline Lilly's character yet?

WAT. SHES IN THIS??!!! HYPE x 100000000.

Also, dat music. Damn, that Dwarven singing is so spine-tingling and that touch of the old spooky theme at the end....I will admit that the way the trailer was cut is a bit uneven, but I have absolute faith in the final product
a whole year from now, ughh

HaL64

This is not how I pictured Thorin. Isn't he supposed to have a big beard? He looks more like a man, more like Strider than a dwarf. Still looked bad ass though.
Anyone else notice the Dwarve's song sounded like this?

Curufinwe

What a weirdly paced/edited trailer

None of the dialogue made any sense together, and there's no sense of what's going on. I don't even have even the most basic idea of what the plot is about

You couldn't tell that Gandalf is going to get Bilbo to go on an adventure with a bunch of dwarves during which he will encounter Gollum and find the ring?

PersonaX

Just woke up, it's 6.30am over here and the first thing i did was to stumble over to the computer, turn it on and watch the Hobbit trailer in glorious full hd, it looks so damn amazing, life is good.

and then there's the real leaked Prometheus trailer as well, life IS good.

it's like meeting an old friend again who has not turned into a dick.

bengraven

This is not how I pictured Thorin. Isn't he supposed to have a big beard? He looks more like a man, more like Strider than a dwarf. Still looked bad ass though.
Anyone else notice the Dwarve's song sounded like this?

I have a slight quibble about that too. I always pictured him older, greyer, with a more full beard.

He's kind of the Aragorn of this, though, and I approve. Armitage is an awesome actor.

And apparently an awesome singer.

My body is ready, got chills from the end of the trailer. Looks like it's going to be a amazing.

Batman, prometheus and the hobbit all in one year, i'm fucking hyped.

rezuth

My body is ready, got chills from the end of the trailer. Looks like it's going to be a amazing.

Batman, prometheus and the hobbit all in one year, i'm fucking hyped.
Yeah, earnings from next year is going to be hard for the movie industry to downplay in order to talk about piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom