• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hydrophobia |OT|

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Zeouterlimits said:
Just read an interview about why they keep on working on the game, not giving up on it.

If I download the XBL demo, will it have any of the improvements?
The XBLA version is the "Pure" version, which was the first set of major updates and changes.

The "Prophecy" version on Steam, is the second set of major updates and changes.

I beleive they have said that the XBLA version getting the "Prophecy" version is up to Microsoft.

DigiMish

Just finished the Steam version. Game just felt awkward in general - everything from movement to shooting to swimming.

- Terrible controls that felt imprecise and floaty no matter what I was doing.

- Substantial camera issues when underwater. When either diving or surfacing, the camera just jumps either down or up, causing you to lose your bearings. For a game that puts such a huge emphasis on the water, I can't believe they didn't make navigating it better.

- Bad design - from giving you all these bullet types to use that are completely unneeded (except for the final fight) to just shoehorning things in because it's cool - the water power mechanic that you get in the last 10 minutes.

- Terrible, terrible voice acting. One of the worst I've ever heard in a video game - the main character particularly delivers the dialog without any emotion. It's really laughable.

+ Excellent artistic direction - everything looked very slick and cohesive.
+ Water mechanic and technology is solid - it's cool to see water going from room to room and filling up.

You know something is wrong with the game when it took the developers 3 versions to make it to this state. I can't imagine what the first iteration of the game played like.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, playing this now on PS3 (since it was free on PS+). I'd probably have severe buyer's remorse had I paid for it, but given that it was free it's not that bad. I'm enjoying it a little bit, at least. The voice acting (especially the main character) is especially bad, though.

And I have to say, the game really reminds me of Blue Stinger for the Dreamcast for some reason.

I had feelings like I was playing a PS2 title. While it was simple gameplay, I wasn't really bothered by it or excited to continue. The controls are terrible though, so rough.

The "free" PS Plus version crashed my system twice before I even saw the title screen. A sign from above the game is not worthy of me playing it.

Grisby

I bought this because it was 2.99. I think it can't be too bad. Right?
I liked it when I first got it. Shooting controls kinda blow but at least the swimming and main controls don't feel too bad. The game really isn't that long either Kev if you don't like it or just want to get through it or whatever.

2.99? No, I don't think it'll kill ya.

Top Bottom