• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Time for the CEO of KoF hype to get back to work. October 25th is go time. I'm just glad to know that we're finally getting it. Lets hope SNK takes advantage of this chance because it's the last one they have. And we all need to do the same. So spread the word that the King is back and is accepting all challengers. I'm counting on you guys. But for now let's revel in the light of this beautiful victory. For tomorrow its back to business.

From a VF fan to the KoF fans out there, congrats on the game finally getting a release. I hope that one day, we can share the joy you guys are feeling.

Game looks fun and I will get it, Day 1.

FallingEdge said:
From a VF fan to the KoF fans out there, congrats on the game finally getting a release. I hope that one day, we can share the joy you guys are feeling.

I hope your VF dreams come true! I'll buy that as well!

Tizoc

FallingEdge said:

Believe my friend, BELIEVE, this may encourage SEGA to release it. If a cult favourite like KoF can do well, it can be done with VF5: FS.
Plus I wanna kick ass with Araki(sp) and that luchador dude.

alstein

FallingEdge said:

Co-Sign.

Now to get FS out on the PS3 with netplay. I'd even watch the ponies in return for getting that.

Now to see Fersis hype-meter for the next four months.

This so far has to be my favorite E3 News. XIII coming BY ATLUS?!? Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to a polished localization! Let's hope SNK has some great console content up their sleeve as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Augemitbutter said:
this. netcode will decide the fate of SNK in the west.
Agreed.
If the netcode is good like at least SSFIV good the community will step up.
Once i get a good job ill buy a HD capture card get a better internet and ill stream.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So pretty whack to announce the GOTY 2011 without a trailer or detailed press release.
WHACK.

Tizoc

Fersis said:
I approve:
picture
The boobs look fake...but hey I'm homo to some sexy men myself.
Then again I was never into cosplay.

SAB CA said:
:lol: Kevin and Ralf in the same game would probably cause the destruction of all the sacred treasures (thus causing Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru to permanently lose their powers...), or something to that effect.
I kinda stopped caring about Iori, Kyo and Chizuru being those whatchama call them TBH =V

And the whole "Mary and Kevin share a last name, THEY MIGHT BE RELATED!" thing would be interesting...
Not really, if they're related, they're related not a big deal :V
I mean it'd be like finding out that the dog in a background of a Final Fight stage, is friend's with Guile's pet dog. ...and that's official info from Capcom.

Part of me would wanna see Franco Bash in there... because he'd actually have to be BIGGER than Ralf and Clark, and I barely understand how that'd even be possible.
Franco would be sweet indeed, make him part of a new america team ;3
(Or Rick Stoud. Because he's awesome.)
We alraedy have Rick in KoF; her name's Vanessa.
...but in all seriousness, I would take Rick over Vanessa...I've outgrown her and.

This game could have DLC for the rest of the console generation, and I wouldn't complain in the slightest! -_-;
Agreed: Why make a KoF 14 when you can just slowly add DLC characters, music and stages, upping the total cast to like 60 or something then release a GotY edition of it.
...and no I'm not trolling, but I may be overthinking it.

fates

Slamtastic said:
Let's focus on "Good netcode for console please" before we get greedy with characters and stuff.

I'd like to think they won't make the same mistake again, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Fersis

Tizoc said:
The boobs look fake...but hey I'm homo to some sexy men myself.
Then again I was never into cosplay.
Me neither but i did try to convince my ex to dress like Leona.

God it's about time , last few months of this year going to be expensive but KOF is day 1 no matter what .
I will see you people online who got the PS3 version.

Fersis

Slamtastic said:
12/13 version or classic?
Classic.
Didnt worked because she wanted me to do something in return.

gundamkyoukai said:
God it's about time , last few months of this year going to be expensive but KOF is day 1 no matter what .
I will see you people online who got the PS3 version.
PS3 here.
Dizzy-4U will also get the PS3 version. :3

Sweet! Atlus as publisher is a bit out of left field, but I'm cool with it. Much better than Ignition, that's for sure.

Now the waiting for new character announcements begin. Ready the wishlists!

Fersis

Tizoc said:
Huh is she a fan of Rei from Evangelion?
I dont know who Rei is.
But luckily i havent seen my ex in years.

Fersis

Atlus has a booth in E3.
I wonder if KOF XIII will be there.

TreIII

Fersis said:
Atlus has a booth in E3.
I wonder if KOF XIII will be there.

Some people I've been talking to say it is there.

Hmm...what to do? Sell MvC3 to GS in order to go towards a game I could see myself continuing to play, or wait for an Amazon deal of some sort...?

TreIII said:

Hmm...what to do? Sell MvC3 to GS in order to go towards a game I could see myself continuing to play, or wait for an Amazon deal of some sort...?
Sell it to Amazon, the buyback should be higher.

Fersis

TreIII said:

So its there? DAYUM.
Maybe we'll get more info in a couple of days.

LowParry

Goddamn, how did I miss this? Day 1! Damn, where's a new thread for such glory? Did we get one? Title needs to be updated? World needs to know Fersis!

I'm gonna buy two copies of this. One import if it's longer than a month wait. And one domestic to give Atlus the word that we need this in the US. If there's one company that knows how to talk to its fans, it's Fatlus.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
First off: Official Japanese Site of console release (with no real content yet) http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/

Tizoc said:
Not really, if they're related, they're related not a big deal :V
I mean it'd be like finding out that the dog in a background of a Final Fight stage, is friend's with Guile's pet dog. ...and that's official info from Capcom.

Depends on how related though. If Mary "dates" Kevin's existance, then we'd possibly end up with some younger punk kid version of him, or something. If he's just like, a distant cousin or something, they could Retcon his age to whatever they want.

But that's all what would happen if they took the new characters seriously (which they should, since these guys could be used in the next story arch.) If they just throw in people like they did with PS2's XI, then they could just toss in whatever.

Tizoc said:
Franco would be sweet indeed, make him part of a new america team ;3

We alraedy have Rick in KoF; her name's Vanessa.
...but in all seriousness, I would take Rick over Vanessa...I've outgrown her and.

It would be nice to have a new USA team. And since the OLD team's members keep getting better each game (Lucky is High Tier in 98UMFE?!?!), someone must care about them at SNKP headquaters. I'd love to see Heavy D! back, his self-buff system was pretty unique.

Tizoc said:
Agreed: Why make a KoF 14 when you can just slowly add DLC characters, music and stages, upping the total cast to like 60 or something then release a GotY edition of it.
...and no I'm not trolling, but I may be overthinking it.

KoF is the only Fighting series that was doing yearly DLC before we called it DLC! :lol: I think it could work out very well, if they paced it right.
And if I were them, I'd offer some "retroactive" DLC for KoF XII, like unlocking XIII versions of the XII stages, if you have a save file from the old game. Just a nice way to say "Thanks for helping us fund XIII!" to all the "burned" feeling people out there...

Fersis

This is pretty sweet:
nilcam (DreamCancel.com owner) said:
I just got an email from Atlus' PR manager. He's going to work with our community closely. Post any questions for Atlus in this thread and we'll get them answered!

Post your questions for Atlus in this Dreamcancel.com thread.

Souther

Banned
Fersis said:
This is pretty sweet:

Post your questions for Atlus in this Dreamcancel.com thread.

I remember before KOF 97 came out, SNK did a poll in japan asking for 3 characters to make up a new team in the game. Those 3 characters were Yamazaki, Billy, Mary.

I think it would be cool if SNK would take a poll again to see about adding 3 more characters to the console version to make a new team in KOF XIII.

Fersis

Souther said:
I remember before KOF 97 came out, SNK did a poll in japan asking for 3 characters to make up a new team in the game. Those 3 characters were Yamazaki, Billy, Mary.

I think it would be cool if SNK would take a poll again to see about adding 3 more characters to the console version to make a new team in KOF XIII.
Kinda late for that, but it would be nice to know the game modes and if theres going to be a rebalance or not.

Souther

Banned
Fersis said:
Kinda late for that, but it would be nice to know the game modes and if theres going to be a rebalance or not.

They don't necessarily have to be there day 1. They could hit a couple months after the game is released. Personally I don't see there not being any character dlc. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Blazblue all have character dlc. I think its bound to happen.

Yeah i would think a rebalance has to be up there in terms of priority.

Whoah, easy with the early DLC talk. DLC is supposed to extend the life of a product, not ripping off limbs of a foetus while he's inside the womb with a hanger and selling them later when he's born.

Top Bottom